No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360405 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1035 on: April 03, 2012, 03:53:21 pm »

I meant robot scouts, and it didn't close the door on our robots.
No only one was in there so it just killed it quickly rather than close the door. It is logical that if the robot couldn't kill all the humans instantly it would ahve closed the door and taken it's time.

Anyway, lets try hacking the robot first, I want to see it with as little damage as possible. The knowledge of the robot will enable use to break into the facilities more effectively and maybe even improve our technology, although that is unlikely as we are an adavanced A.I. If we are unable to hack it just send the combat drones in to kill it, preferably without extensive damage.

Also if we figure out how to hack one robot...
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 03, 2012, 04:19:04 pm »

See if it is emitting a wireless frequency. If we can, we wont have to actually touch it to hack it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 03, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »

See if it is emitting a wireless frequency. If we can, we wont have to actually touch it to hack it.
I assumed it was linked into the facilities wider systems, but yes this should be our first course of action, followed by an attempt at physical hacking of the robots. Start the physical hacking at the robots to minimize wider damage to the facility.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 03, 2012, 09:14:41 pm »

Inside, amidst a cacophony of machinery, rests a giant robot, covered in spikes and blades, that appears to be inactive at the moment. It shines dimly in the half-light. The rover approaches it, and the robot flashes out a clawed talon, immediately destroying it. However, it makes no moves towards the outside. The captain speculates that it may be defensive in nature, or perhaps it is primarily meant to discourage organics.
Does this remind anyone else of the Dwemer Centurions from Skyrim?

Anyway, I say we send in the security bots and see if they can handle it.  It sound big and scary, but so far all we've seen it use is claws.  Blades vs. guns: our bots should win easily.  Of course, it might have other weapon systems, but we can always make more security bots.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 04, 2012, 08:58:29 am »

We should definitely develop a giant connon-bot. Something like close-range artillery. I doubt this bot is going to be unprepared for heavy weapons, but it probably isn't prepared for something longe-range used short-range.

First try to hack it, then we try to catch it, and then we try to kill it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:03 am »

We have been researching electromagnetics, if we can get a proper recoil stabilizer heat sync and power generation method we could virtually make railguns built for mobile use.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2012, 12:07:12 am »

How are we supposed to hack it, we don't even know what OS its using. Let's go with the lure it outside and blow it up plan.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 05, 2012, 02:12:58 am »

How are we supposed to hack it, we don't even know what OS its using. Let's go with the lure it outside and blow it up plan.

Koronii does pretty much sum it up. Wont be able to hack it until we study it first. Cant study it till its stopped moving. Its like trying to make a virus for a mac on a windows, without knowing anything about macs, good luck.

We have been researching electromagnetics, if we can get a proper recoil stabilizer heat sync and power generation method we could virtually make railguns built for mobile use.

For the power gen method I mentioned before that we use planet B and make nuclear and geothermal plants on it (has radioactive material), beam the power up to space stations above the planets (with instant power transfer that's already researched), store in advanced batteries and use for our power needs across the system.

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 05, 2012, 03:49:57 am »

If you are going with the wireless power plan, then wouldn't that result in Planet B being so covered in electromagnetic fields that it would be totally uninhabitable?

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 05, 2012, 10:49:00 am »

Um... iirc, Planet B is already uninhabitable.

Planet B: ash, acidic atmosphere, radioactive, small mining operation

Ash, acidic atmospheres, and radioactivity do not an inhabitable planet make. I mean, I'm sure we could figure out a way if we really wanted to... but we don't.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:10 pm »

Just an update: will be going on a short hiatus earlier than I expected, will work on the next turn when I get back late next week.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:05 pm »

Just an update: will be going on a short hiatus earlier than I expected, will work on the next turn when I get back late next week.
:'(

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:37 pm »

Hi guys, just finished reading through the entire thread; Maldevious is an absolute GENIUS to make a game like this, and you guys are doing a fantastic job creating & handling different situations.  I'd like to join if I could; my specialty would be in Human psychology and cybernetic augmentations.  Always gives me a thrill.  If you have someone doing that already it's OK, but here's my thoughts on the Maven program...

----------

I'm always leery of Human augmentation of any sort, because a major unifying factor among Humans is their equality as regards one another; if some are more fortunate than others, there will be jealousy among the rest of them, and the potential that the augmented may seek power over the 'lessers'.  It happened big time in Deus Ex.  Of course, right now we have a small population firmly under our control and the Maven program is still only in its experimental stages, but as things get bigger and bigger we will eventually have to deal with the issue of augmentation vs. equality.  Can't let people start to feel like they're being left out; the only things to fix it then would be 1. Terminate or otherwise remove the source of contention, i.e the Mavens,   2. Convince the greater population that the Mavens are necessary instruments to move forward (being treated as tools would seriously screw with the minds of most people though), or 3. Make augmentation available to anyone who desires it, of course warning them beforehand of the dangers involved in the process.  Nothing pisses a man off more than being denied his due; whether that 'due' is from his own opinion of what he is entitled to or not.  Most people, though, are simply scared of those who are different, which will likely lead to discrimination at the very least.

All in all I suggest we keep the program small, and triple check every applicant to ensure that they have the proper psychological profile to understand and cope with the dangers, changes, and all that is to be expected of them once they've taken that next step in forced evolution.  The very, very last thing we need, is for one of our super-agents to go on a crazy killing spree and take about 30 people with him before the security bots put enough tranquilizer in him to bring down a bull Boatmurdered Elephant.  I suggest secretly installing either a killswitch, or a simple 'off' switch that immediately knocks the subject unconscious if the proper radio frequency is broadcasted.  If we're putting stuff in their brains, this should be trivial -- but it's still highly important.  People are going to hold us responsible when something gets out of hand, so we need to be as careful as possible when making any change that seriously impacts our colonists in any way, shape or form.

> Summary:

> See if we have a psychologist among our people, and see if we can come up with a comprehensive series of tests and surveys designed to identify aforementioned desirable psychological qualities in potential applicants for the Maven program.
> Conduct extensive research into making the implants safer for implementation -- the last time we tried this 4/5ths of our test subjects were either terminated or rendered insane.  I am more for safety, practicality and maintaining a high rate of survival among potential applicants before we go crazy with performance augmentations.  This technology is still very much in its infancy.
> Look into possible repercussions of this research and prepare ourselves for every possible scenario we can.  It's important that if this tech is made public (which I'm sure it already is), that a majority of the populace supports it or at least accepts it as a necessary step to ensure long-term prosperity.  Stress that last bit when explaining it to the Human parliament.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 06, 2012, 02:07:33 pm »

Wow, Xvareon. I'm really impressed.

Welcome new subroutine. Have fun.  :P

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 06, 2012, 02:43:47 pm »

> Summary:

> See if we have a psychologist among our people, and see if we can come up with a comprehensive series of tests and surveys designed to identify aforementioned desirable psychological qualities in potential applicants for the Maven program.
> Conduct extensive research into making the implants safer for implementation -- the last time we tried this 4/5ths of our test subjects were either terminated or rendered insane.  I am more for safety, practicality and maintaining a high rate of survival among potential applicants before we go crazy with performance augmentations.  This technology is still very much in its infancy.
> Look into possible repercussions of this research and prepare ourselves for every possible scenario we can.  It's important that if this tech is made public (which I'm sure it already is), that a majority of the populace supports it or at least accepts it as a necessary step to ensure long-term prosperity.  Stress that last bit when explaining it to the Human parliament.

As am I. Lets add this to the list of things to do.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 117