No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360351 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #840 on: March 28, 2012, 12:26:45 pm »

We have a facility that re-arranges anything and everything atom by atom into what we need, I am pretty sure we have alot.

On another note I support ebbor and zamara regarding votes.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

Who said they ever arrived. Since terraforming is such a long term progress, it is best to send the terraforming drones first, possibly manned. Maybe the terraforming fleet arrived, terraformed the planet, and then noticed the mainfleet wasn't arriving, or something else and they left. Hell, maybe we send those drones, I doubt the aliens could make the difference between robots and other lifeforms, and we ended up here with corrupted memories.

Thinking of it, for a colony ship we have/had barily any terraforming equiptment.

This.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:45 pm »

We have a facility that re-arranges anything and everything atom by atom into what we need, I am pretty sure we have alot.

That's just standard colonising and repair equipment. If this ship had been intended to terraform things we would have had a lot more specialized equipment.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:45 pm »

Can we get inside one of those station/satellites around the planet? Get a look at them from the inside without ruining them? Maybe it would shed some light.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 28, 2012, 12:37:12 pm »

Who said they ever arrived. Since terraforming is such a long term progress, it is best to send the terraforming drones first, possibly manned. Maybe the terraforming fleet arrived, terraformed the planet, and then noticed the mainfleet wasn't arriving, or something else and they left. Hell, maybe we send those drones, I doubt the aliens could make the difference between robots and other lifeforms, and we ended up here with corrupted memories.

Thinking of it, for a colony ship we have/had barily any terraforming equiptment.
Yeah they could have bene using terraforming drones or vonneuman devices, just another automated system to terraform the planet. Yeah it is likely they never had more then a small colony at the very most.

Meinfreunde, you were mor or less ninja'd by zamara zee pony. He pretty much had the same explanation.
yeah I know i was writting in resposne just to eleborate more on the possibilities and diffrent scenerios, and why that ultimatly leads to war as thier most liekly cause for leaving.

I now think that the most likley scenerios would be exactly what 10ebbor10 said numbered for convienince, 1) either this was intended as our new home planet, and set up by drones in advance, 2)or the other species sent out drones or a very small terrafroming force in order to terraform the planet and the force was exterminated after it had setup the equipment, or 3) the drones moved on, or 4) the force wasn't exterminated but the fleet that was intended to colonize the planet was destroyed or diverted.

We need more archeaological information to be sure.
*quad ninja'd wow,
Can we get inside one of those station/satellites around the planet? Get a look at them from the inside without ruining them? Maybe it would shed some light.
seconded

That's just standard colonising and repair equipment. If this ship had been intended to terraform things we would have had a lot more specialized equipment.
Yeah you would expect the ship that was intended to set up the second home world of humanity would have more than just one nano factory.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 28, 2012, 01:14:32 pm »

Why not just examine the archives on the ship and see if it has the info we need. Something like:
The details surrounding the mission.
The history of the civilization we were sent from.
Why this system was chosen and whether any other humans had been here before.

Though Im pretty sure I know the exact response that will be given...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:53 pm »

Why not just examine the archives on the ship and see if it has the info we need. Something like:
The details surrounding the mission.
The history of the civilization we were sent from.
Why this system was chosen and whether any other humans had been here before.

Though Im pretty sure I know the exact response that will be given...
System corruption: Data not found

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:57 pm »

Ask the Moonies if they interacted with the aleins.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 28, 2012, 02:58:56 pm »

Ask the Moonies if they interacted with the aleins.
I don't think they rember it as they speak like it is a legend, but it is still worth asking. 1+

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 28, 2012, 03:48:32 pm »

research Cybernetics?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 28, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »

Research cybernetics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 28, 2012, 05:14:16 pm »

I would prefer a faster mode of trasportation and to do a manditory health check. Maybe start up some 'collage' courses and whatnot to test out our schooling thing. Also, a party might be in order for our first child colonest. He is the colonies first born.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 28, 2012, 05:22:54 pm »

I don't think we have children old enough to take college courses yet. All the colonists are adults and the children are young. The adults are already educated enough to perform any tasks we need apperantly. I'm in favor of cybernetic's because it would allow us to do give our humans really cool nueological implants like direct AI-Brain interface, or allowing them to directly transmit what they are seeing to us, as well as thier thoughts and what they hear smell etc. Everyone is currently in good health, I doubt that any native organisms were brought from Earth as sterilization procedures would be icnredibly thorough and we would have eliminated any organisms that surfaced en route to the system I presume.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 28, 2012, 06:12:01 pm »

Or we can do something that doesn't drasticly lower morale and simply have power armor that has a suitcam.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »

No! Cybernetics is meant to be a leap in the medical field. It is to replace lost arms and stuff, not further some weird agenda.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:16:42 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 117