No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360277 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #780 on: March 22, 2012, 08:27:55 am »

lets let the family decide. and yes, it can be bees, but it needs to be grown with a built in 'off' switch. Careless colonist can cause an ecological breakdown quite easily.

This is the way invasive species get introduced. Sterilize them.

I like this. its as simple as turning off the gene for breeding. Unless we make a really bad roll. Then we might have the issue were it becomes extremely fertile or asexual.

Or have superpowers.

It only has super powers if it is human. Look at Pokemon for an example of what I mean.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 22, 2012, 08:31:32 am »

lets let the family decide. and yes, it can be bees, but it needs to be grown with a built in 'off' switch. Careless colonist can cause an ecological breakdown quite easily.

I like this. its as simple as turning off the gene for breeding. Unless we make a really bad roll. Then we might have the issue were it becomes extremely fertile or asexual.

Or have superpowers.

It only has super powers if it is human. Look at Pokemon for an example of what I mean.

Mewtwo, dude.

I'm very pro party and sentry guns. The animal thing is alright in my book as well.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 22, 2012, 08:38:30 am »

AH goddammit put back the Patrick Bateman Avatar: i was humming "It's hip to be square"  continously since you were here...interspaced with screams of GET A RESERVATION AT THE DORSIAS NOW PRICK!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:18 am »

AH goddammit put back the Patrick Bateman Avatar: i was humming "It's hip to be square"  continously since you were here...interspaced with screams of GET A RESERVATION AT THE DORSIAS NOW PRICK!

I'll give it a week, see if my teeth itch. If I can figure out how to make it switch between avatars... In the meantime "They don't think it be like it is, but it do".

Last derail I promise. For today.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:44:23 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:26 am »

Or have superpowers.

Mewtwo, dude.

I'm very pro party and sentry guns. The animal thing is alright in my book as well.

Mewtwo doesn't count as super powered. It uses the power natural to its ORIGINAL RACE, mew. Which is a psychic type.

Super powered creatures can use powers not native to its ORIGINAL RACE.

Mewtwo is just super strong.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 22, 2012, 09:06:23 am »

Hrmmmm.Derail pretty much ?Back on the tracks please
I say we conquer the aliens.We need more slaves.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 22, 2012, 09:09:13 am »

Hrmmmm.Derail pretty much ?Back on the tracks please
I say we conquer the aliens.We need more slaves.

Ehhh... Que?

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 22, 2012, 09:10:42 am »

Shit went way too offtopic.
And the suggestion is CONQUER THE ALIENS ! WE NEED SLAVES !

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14:11 am »

I was asking about the slaves not the derails. We have limitless resources and the ability to make robot servants, so I ask por que?

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 22, 2012, 09:30:21 am »

I was asking about the slaves not the derails. We have limitless resources and the ability to make robot servants, so I ask por que?
For experiments.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:33 am »

For experiments.

No. In this case, we are dealing with a creature with the capacity to fight back and are far more numerous than us. Plus, even if we do enslave them, they will rebel quite quickly and we will have to deal with the colonist.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07:45 pm »

I could see the usefullnes of ensalving some organics, but only if the effort put into capturing the organics is less then constructing an army of robots to do the same thing, the work the organics would do that is not to capture the organics. This is likely not true with the moon people, but the avains could perform simple labour, and might be easy enough to capture that it could be worthwhile.

With some simple agricultural equipment provided by us they might be able to grow enough food to feed themselves and allow the surplus avains to do tasks for us. If we are going to enslave them I would suggest neurological implants allowing us to generate a severe pain reaction when necessery, as well as sending instructions to them.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 22, 2012, 01:10:45 pm »

:/ No enslaving my birdies.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

I'm all for space warfare and conquering peoples... but with what? 

We have 5000 people, one nuke, a handful of light ships, and a bunch of police bots... and you want to attack a race with millions, if not billions of people.  I think we'd lose... very, very badly!  We have the colony up and running.  Lets focus on building up a military.

> +1 to the fighter drone space jet thingies!  Also +1 to making them look humanoid, as much like Iron Man as possible.

PS. What if these moon bases aren't the moonies homeworld?  Maybe what we're seeing is just a single outpost which is part of a large inter-system empire!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:07 pm »

I'm all for space warfare and conquering peoples... but with what? 

We have 5000 people, one nuke, a handful of light ships, and a bunch of police bots... and you want to attack a race with millions, if not billions of people.  I think we'd lose... very, very badly!  We have the colony up and running.  Lets focus on building up a military.

> +1 to the fighter drone space jet thingies!  Also +1 to making them look humanoid, as much like Iron Man as possible.

PS. What if these moon bases aren't the moonies homeworld?  Maybe what we're seeing is just a single outpost which is part of a large inter-system empire!

I think we should upgrade our space based telescope. Spectrometers extra lenses, stuff like that . Also look at other stuff intermittely, so that they don't get suspicious. If things go wrong, we can always point it at the Sun. ( The original plan included the lenses being useable as planetary heating lenses, so it should do death sta just fine.)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 117