No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360249 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:18 am »

Posting this evening, get all your suggestions in.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2012, 08:02:00 am »

electrochemical bullets would be like tazers just with a bigger punch, what about acid or an acid rifle? very useful against any machinery.

A fastish way of heating Aries could be green house gasses, or big orbital focusers that focus the suns rays and shoots the planet. (but the ray isnt pinpoint focused, that would be bad)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:04:00 am by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:02 am »

I got my tech list.

> Tech ( This is just a stuff that might be useful list, sorted vaguely on importance)
     - Upgraded Quantum Computing centrae. Alien language decoding, genetic engineering and weather/geology predictions all take up lost of CPU.
     -Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
     -Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam. Also work on Laser point defense systems
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)

Out of that, these are the three I feel focus should be put on.

-Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
   [For spying purposes, without breaking our agreement.]
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
[can be equipped to ships to attack and potentially shut them down, for revers engineering, or can be redesigned as non lethal long range tazers in case of civil riots/wars]
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)
[because he is right about ^]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:43 am »

About the spy asteroid. It should be cloacked but also equiped with asteroid mining and analysing equipment. If we're caught we say we really wanted to analyse that asteroid and didn't want to upset them.

Also, I think we should go for the orbital focuser way of heating Aries. We can always readjust them, and use them as crude weather control sattelites. STill, we might want to set up a few drilling sites. Also, considering this planet used to have life( We found fosil fuels) it's frozen ocean is probably full of methane which will release when it melts.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:37:29 am by 10ebbor10 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2012, 11:37:20 am »

About the spy asteroid. It should be cloacked but also equiped with asteroid mining and analysing equipment. If we're caught we say we really wanted to analyse that asteroid and didn't want to upset them.

That's good tactical wise, but, I don't think we will have to worry about talking to them. (hinting at the fate of the first probe)
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2012, 07:43:04 am »

OOC: Starting next turn, game will move in steps of two months per turn. Colony is established, time scale is getting larger.

The spy asteroid rendevous goes about as poorly as could be planned. The ship carrying the equipment is coming in too hot, as the speed of the asteroid was slightly miscalculated. Unable to slow down in time, the equipment ship streaks by it, and will not be able to turn around and get back in time to fit it out before the asteroid is too far gone into the outer system.

The situation on Aquarius stabilizes even further. The infestation is being held at about 5% of the surface, and it is once again contained enough to get the algae harvesting operation up and running. It seems that, given the current level of technology and natural predation, the infestation will stay at the same level without additional input.

Several small predators are adapted to Aries' atmosphere, including some spiders, wasps, and predatory plants. They are ready to go into "production" whenever ordered, along with a species of farmer ants.

The land sensors are redoployed, correctly this time, and begin to feed back data to the supercomputer. Average surface temperature is -8 degrees fahrenheit during the day. The atmosphere is around 5% oxygen (very low), 90% nitrogen (also low), and contains trace amounts of several other elements. CO2 is very low as well.

The terraformer suggests getting some of the trapped greenhouse gasses on the planet, most likely located under the oceans, out to start the warming process. He suggests a geological survey to look for natural gas reserves.

With the ship free of colonists, a backup is built storing the ship's personality deep in one of the bunkers. It contains the essential programming, but will not activate unless the ship is destroyed.

In spite of the failure of the surveillance asteroid, a giant telescope is designed and constructed this month. It has high enough resolution to make out what appear to be city-like structures on most of the gas giant moons. Electrochemical ammunition is discovered as well, and put into production in the small shipyard orbiting Aries.

A scientist approaches with an exciting discovery. He has found a semi-active volcanic system on the other side of the planet, that could be activated with the proper coaxing. This would put a lot of gasses into the atmosphere, as well as possibly raise the temperature slightly.

Additional note: there is already an orbital lens working on Aries, you'd need a lot more to significantly raise the temperature. Right now, it is only keeping a small part of the nearby ocean liquid.

Time lapsed in system: 1 year, 10 months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:58 am »

I think we should deploy our wells and start burning fossil fuels, extracting oxygen from the soil. We can also construct a few extra orbital lenses. ( I think we should do that, they can function as crude weather control sattelites later on). We should also start some drilling operation in the semi active volcanic system. We can decide wherether or not to blow it up when we have a decent hole in the ground.

What were the descriptions of planet A and E again ?

I think we should set up a small base on them, just to plant a flag and such.

As for the aliens, how good do we understand their language?
I think we need more info, so we best attach a spectrometer to our telescope. That would let us analyse the atmosphere of the moons and the structure of their cities.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:20 am »

I agree with prity much everthig 10ebbor10 said above. and whish to elaborate on the A&E exploration.
> Lets send out robotic probes consisting of an orbiter modual and a lander modual to each planet. This will get us a good vew of the surface from many angles as well as some surface data.

Moonies
> Lets see about learning their language. I am extreamly curious about them and have a lot of questions to ask them. We should try to open up dialoges as diplomaticly as posible, we are on their turf anyway.

Aries biosphere
>geological survey sounds like an exalent idea.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 21, 2012, 09:04:19 am »

I think we should deploy our wells and start burning fossil fuels, extracting oxygen from the soil. We can also construct a few extra orbital lenses. ( I think we should do that, they can function as crude weather control sattelites later on). We should also start some drilling operation in the semi active volcanic system. We can decide wherether or not to blow it up when we have a decent hole in the ground.

What were the descriptions of planet A and E again ?

(its in the systems tab. They are basically mining planets)

I think we should set up a small base on them, just to plant a flag and such.

(Then lets hollow that sucker out)

As for the aliens, how good do we understand their language?
(we dont. We just designed the quantum thingy to attempt to translate it.)

I think we need more info, so we best attach a spectrometer to our telescope. That would let us analyse the atmosphere of the moons and the structure of their cities.
(yes, lets)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 21, 2012, 09:22:55 am »

I think we should have a big raging party since we fixed the algae problem (and made it to page 50)!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:24 am »

I was looking if tehre was a more accurate description about why they're inhabitable. Planet E 'll probably by way too cold, and A won't have much of atmosphere, considering it's location close to the sun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:56 am »

The second planetary scan reveals basic incompatabilities with human biology. Planets A, B, and E all contain atmospheres that are too hostile to terraform within the lifespan of the ship.

There you go.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 21, 2012, 09:44:29 am »

The second planetary scan reveals basic incompatabilities with human biology. Planets A, B, and E all contain atmospheres that are too hostile to terraform within the lifespan of the ship.

There you go.
Well, let's send out the probes then. Also, look at the sellby date of the ship, how long does it function? Still I'd liked to have now abit more about the planets then, you can't live here.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 21, 2012, 10:34:09 am »

There you go.
Well, let's send out the probes then. Also, look at the sellby date of the ship, how long does it function? Still I'd liked to have now abit more about the planets then, you can't live here.

I can say that large amounts of uranium was found on one of the two and we have a nuke hidden there.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37:44 am »

There you go.
That was planet B. I was hoping we had some informations on planet A and E, which apparently , we don't.

> Suggestion: Develop nanobots that can assemble individual molecules from individual atoms. Use them to create carbon nanotubes for use at various purposes.

I can say that large amounts of uranium was found on one of the two and we have a nuke hidden there.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 117