No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360219 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #705 on: March 14, 2012, 04:20:34 pm »

> Start grasshopper farming.

Yes! I think this would be a good idea in real life so in game I'm all for it.
There are other more energy efficient insects though. ANywya, yes for instect farming. One question, what are we going to feed them. Also, since we're growing insects in a contained envirronment, increase the oxygen percentage as much as possible, this will result in increased efficiency of the insects breathing systems.(WHich are normally quite inefficient) allowing them to grow larger. Humans can survive with higher oxygen levels too, but we want to watch out with that.( Oxygen bubbles forming in your blood is a painful way to die)

Digital teachers would be also cheaper than normal teachers, would be always motivated and they can't be mobbed! Perfect.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yup completly right.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 14, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »

Digital teachers would be also cheaper than normal teachers, would be always motivated and they can't be mobbed! Perfect.
Yup completly right.

This made me laugh.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 14, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »

Yup completly right.

This made me laugh.

Me too.
Oh, ebbor, you clown  :P

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:29 pm »

New food source it is.

as for digital teachers, I am all for it. But we need to make them so that they can react to the input from the students.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 14, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »

New food source it is.

as for digital teachers, I am all for it. But we need to make them so that they can react to the input from the students.
Of course, 4 options there
A: Chatbot(More advanced version though)
B: AI
C: new parttime job for us
D: Human behind a screen.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 14, 2012, 04:32:26 pm »

I think an A.I. would be the best thing.

I don't like the idea, that Xeron is teaching kids.  :P

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 14, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »

I think an A.I. would be the best thing.

I don't like the idea, that Xeron is teaching kids.  :P

Agreed. It would be. . . . . . undesirable.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 14, 2012, 05:22:06 pm »

So are we all decided?

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 14, 2012, 05:46:01 pm »

We should make the AI depressed and kid-hating.  :D

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 14, 2012, 06:50:26 pm »

No we should have the A.I. with multiple personalities, that change during the year so the kids have the same terrrible great experince we had having to deal with teachers that hate you, and the ones that like you.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 14, 2012, 07:19:31 pm »

No we should have the A.I. with multiple personalities, that change during the year so the kids have the same terrrible great experince we had having to deal with teachers that hate you, and the ones that like you.

All my teachers hated me.  :-\

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 14, 2012, 07:22:28 pm »

Alright. I think we are all decided. Give me a moment to compile everything for the GM.

> Make the quantum computer work a reply saying we will comply. Don't send anymore because we don't know the language and could come out sounding dangerous or misunderstood. Peace may be synonymous with death in their language, after all.

>Have the quantum computer try and collect and crack the whole language (or at least enough to make contact without a chance of faux pa). It will take a while.

>Make the floating flying platform for more comprehensive work with the avians (discussion, communication, sign language learning, etc.)
> Expand industrial base( Grasshopper (locust) farming)

>Check status of UV light and the UVers

> Tech ( This is just a stuff that might be useful list, sorted vaguely on importance)
       -!Strong magnetic generators( For magnetic anti rad fields, Microparticle shields bullet deflection, and cloacking ships) ( This magnetic field thingy can also protect against radiation ,so it  might be useful if we're going to nuke the planet.!
     - !DNA Sequencing, coding/ decoding installations complete with cloning pods. There seem to be a lot of genetic engineering suggestion. This will make that possible.!
   - !Deep sea/land drilling Installation and technology ! ( We want to be able to start vulcanism on Aries)
     - Upgraded Quantum Computing centrae. Alien language decoding, genetic engineering and weather/geology predictions all take up lost of CPU.
     -Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
     -Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam. Also work on Laser point defense systems
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)

>Develop education AI for the colonist youth. (Allow the curriculum coding to be modified by us at any time. (Like if we wanted to subtly suggest compliance with AI, maybe, or if we just want to teach them more about physics.))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:29:26 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 14, 2012, 07:30:01 pm »

Finished I think.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 14, 2012, 07:36:21 pm »

All my teachers hated me.  :-\
Aww thats so sad  :'(. I think only my math, music, drama, and art teachers hates me. My
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game (Poll: what to do with the algae)
« Reply #719 on: March 14, 2012, 10:42:33 pm »

The quantum computer, after some crunching, predicts that "Peace [go] to you" will be the most appropriate response. It is sent back, and the probe in their area of the system is withdrawn without incident. Further work is devoted to the language, and some heartening progress is made.

On Aquarius, the Wrinkled Suckfish cloning centers are doing an amazing job of producing the creatures. In fact, given the rate of their expansion, the slimy little creatures have managed to cut down the infestation by a whole percentage point (when combined with the harvesting operations).

Although plans are made for a floating, flying platform to contact the Avians, one of the scientists recommends just adding on a platform to one of the cloning stations. This is much more feasible than a constantly flying, floating location. Work is completed by the end of the month, and a team of xenobiologists begins figuring out the best way to draw the Avians in for contact.

An incredible breakthrough is made in the nascent grasshopper farming industry. A technician, experimenting with some of the genetic techonology created for the Wrinkled Suckfish, has tweaked a strain of grasshoppers to survive in the harsh Aries environment. It would survive off of the moss  and fungus that are starting to slowly fill the world, and would be a first step for the biosphere. As that is being considered, an indoor cloning industry takes off and soon people are enjoying delicious insect protein snacks. The people are pleased, and seem to enjoy them as a palate cleanser while sampling different types of beers.

Ever since the verbal message has been received from the aliens around the gas giants, no new signals have been received. Their original message has simply been repeating. With the withdrawal of the probe, not much more information is available at this moment.

Research is mixed this month, as more basic breakthroughs are recorded. Deep land drilling using the colony's limited resources is puzzled out, and is available for use next month. No other advances occur.

The Grand Parliament's first order of business is to request the thawing of the remaining humans. With the facilities built last month, the influx of migrants will be much easier to handle. They await your response.

Time lapsed in system: 1 year, 8 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 117