No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360197 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #675 on: March 09, 2012, 04:06:56 pm »

I'm not sure we actually know what the riots were about.  Also, I don't know what our reputation is like among the colonists after our robo-cops killed 30 people...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 09, 2012, 07:48:09 pm »

then lets add a systematic opinion collection from all the colonist to the list of things to do.
The main questions should consist of :
1. whether or not they appreciate our attempt at stepping in and bringing an immediate halt of the riots
2. do the colonist feel if the riots were mainly caused by the increasing influx of colonist, the multiple political parties wanting power/authority/control
3. do they feel that they need a form of government at the moment
4. do they feel that we should interfere in their issues
5-ect. you come up with them.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game (Poll: what to do with the algae)
« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »

The quantum computer finally processes a small chunk of the alien transmission into semi-intelligible format. It reads: "Alien [ship or vessel], please respond. We [present or offer] peace, as long as your [ship or vessel, possibly plural] remains in the [inner or near] system. Peace [go] to you." This is met with much relief from the captain.

As repairs are mad from last month's riots, a halt is put on new colonists being awoken. This seems to take the stress off of the situation, and, with the help of the man who founded the chapel (who has since become a unifying figure on the colony), the various political groups are brought together for a summit that deflates tensions and renews faith in a new combined government. A sense of pride in the mission and oneness emerges, and the colony is expanded to be large enough to comfortably house the remaining colonists when dehibernation resumes.

The police bots are modified to include more non-lethal weaponry, which helps to ease tensions as well. Most colonists are still uneasy about them and the role they played in the riots, but they manage to move past it. The birth of several additional children help distract the populace as well.

This sense of renewed purpose is applied to the Wrinkled Suckfish cloning facility on Aquarius, which is completed in record time. The fish are cranked out at a fevered pace, and results of their impact will be available in the next month or so. Early returns are promising, however, as they are able to operate in the low-oxygen environment created by the algae, which in turn discourages local predators.

Similar fervor is attached to the Grand Parliament building, which is also built and designed in record time. The first sessions begin to meet, and elections are scheduled for next month. The building inspires confidence, and offers stunning vistas of the slowly changing Aries out of panoramic glass windows.

Some work is done on finding a large, docile creature for the Avians to domesticate, but the terraformers quickly realize that this project is much too long a scale for the current situation: the Avians clearly have no concept of domesticated animals, being birds on an ocean world, and would not take to the idea quickly.

Given the flurry of other activity, research takes a back seat this month, with no major advances made.

Time lapsed in system: 1 year, 7 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »

> Make the quantum computer work a reply saying we will comply and asking the aliens if they and some of our people could meet in an agreed upon location. Also ask them if there is anything that we can assist them with. Send it to them once drafted.

>Make the floating platform for more comprehensive work with the avians (discussion, communication, sign language learning, etc.)

>Check status of UV light and the UVers. Collate possible solutions UV unintelligibility.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:00:29 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2012, 08:48:02 pm »

We should put more resources toward expanding the industrial base on Aries. Once we have a bigger industrial base we will be able to expand the colony and increase living standards so the citizens will be content. Of course stopping the algea on Aquarius is still an immediate priority because if we don't act quickly the vast majority of the life on the planet will be destroyed. Looks like we can ignore the gas giant aliens for the time, and the avians aren't a threat and won't be of any use for a while, so lets focus on our humans.

Take measures to increase the happiness of the citizens on Aries, luxuries, if it hasn't been done already have the colony repainted in defualt blue, yellow, and green, not all in the same place but spread all over. These colours are nice and calming, especially blue, but if the populace prefers a diffrent colour allow that area to be painted a diffrent colour.

Once the colonists are happy begin reawakening of more colonists.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »

We should put more resources toward expanding the industrial base on Aries. Once we have a bigger industrial base we will be able to expand the colony and increase living standards so the citizens will be content. Of course stopping the algea on Aquarius is still an immediate priority because if we don't act quickly the vast majority of the life on the planet will be destroyed. Looks like we can ignore the gas giant aliens for the time, and the avians aren't a threat and won't be of any use for a while, so lets focus on our humans.

Take measures to increase the happiness of the citizens on Aries, luxuries, if it hasn't been done already have the colony repainted in defualt blue, yellow, and green, not all in the same place but spread all over. These colours are nice and calming, especially blue, but if the populace prefers a diffrent colour allow that area to be painted a diffrent colour.

Once the colonists are happy begin reawakening of more colonists.

Don't allocate resources away from extraterrestrial projects. We use little and we have all that we already need, save for the floating platform but that would take maybe a days worth of work to design and two days to test. The returns could save our lives later down the road. That being said, yes the major concerns are more important and if it comes to extraterrestrial diplomacy of solving the plankton problem the answer is obvious.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 12, 2012, 06:25:43 am »

I don't like the fact, that we don't use planets A and E, it's wasted resources

Maybe we should start building a military base on the planet E? Both against aliens (they may be peaceful for now, but later...) and against future possible civil wars.

As for communication with avians.... I propose to make flying, Avian-like, radio equipped, solar powered bots and try to communicate through them, learn language and so on
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:24 am »

Why we need a military base? With 4930 peoples in a colony (okay, 1400 are on ice) , it looks for me like an overkill.  ???

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 12, 2012, 10:22:56 am »

Keep translating the messages from the aliens, and when we think we have enough, start sending messages back expressing intrest and curiosity in our neighbors.

Also get that satellite out of their system ASAP, since they don't seem to want it there.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 12, 2012, 03:15:03 pm »

Keep translating the messages from the aliens, and when we think we have enough, start sending messages back expressing intrest and curiosity in our neighbors.

Also get that satellite out of their system ASAP, since they don't seem to want it there.

What gave you that idea?

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:45 pm »

Send back the phrase: "Peace [go] to you."  Then work on seeing if we can figure out a way to send a more complete message.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2012, 02:07:43 pm »

Why bother with forming peace with them ?They have shitty tech compared to us.I say we conquer them and add em to our empire.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 13, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »

Best way to do this is to send pictures of things accompagnied by our words for them, and hope they understand and send their words for things back. Best to start is astronomy and such, mainly the local system ,then other things, then actions(movies ftw) then moral concepts and such. The Quantum comp should be able to crack the code.

Why bother with forming peace with them ?They have shitty tech compared to us.I say we conquer them and add em to our empire.
We haven't even seen their tech yet. Also our fleets aren't very strong.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 13, 2012, 02:15:41 pm »

Maybe they are so strong, that the would bomb us to death with plasma rockets... Or something else.

Anyway, peace and trade are leading to knowledge and prosperity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 13, 2012, 03:31:59 pm »

It's funny, Xeron, that you fear the humans for their aggressivity...
You're a pretty hard warmonger.
I am a military subroutine :P.
All organics are merely obstacles for us

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 117