No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360143 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game (Poll: what to do with the algae)
« Reply #615 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:52 pm »

I just finished writing a big story :D

But the Death Ring should also just have battles whenever, they are just not viewed by many people, and you csn have. many number of creatures in

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 08, 2012, 12:34:18 pm »

But the Death Ring should also just have battles whenever, they are just not viewed by many people, and you csn have. many number of creatures in
Not know, we can probably do that later. ( If we want too, Genetic manipulation is far from simple and is a very complex materia, so I doubt anyone of the public would understand it). As for real life battles, probably not. We aren't alone in this universe.

Other things that might require attention:

As evidenced by the easiness by which we could throw asteroid on our planet, Aries isn't really Meteor safe, we should design some kind of early detetection and interception system.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 08, 2012, 12:36:16 pm »

....as I stated before, massive laser cannons with small anti fighter lasers, also used to shoot small meteors, criminal ships or random stuff planetside

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 08, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »

....as I stated before, massive laser cannons with small anti fighter lasers, also used to shoot small meteors, criminal ships or random stuff planetside
Cant deny the power of fire. we should also invest in orbital kinetic missile stations. They are perfect for larger ships at far distances. or, if the payload is expansive enough, groups of fighters at distances.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 08, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

Cant deny the power of fire. we should also invest in orbital kinetic missile stations. They are perfect for larger ships at far distances. or, if the payload is expansive enough, groups of fighters at distances.

Let me add to that, lasers as anti fighter, missles as ranged and a massive cannon that shoots a tungsten slug at enemies.

Rip goat, more loli

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 08, 2012, 12:57:48 pm »

Not know, we can probably do that later. ( If we want too, Genetic manipulation is far from simple and is a very complex materia, so I doubt anyone of the public would understand it). As for real life battles, probably not. We aren't alone in this universe.

As evidenced by the easiness by which we could throw asteroid on our planet, Aries isn't really Meteor safe, we should design some kind of early detetection and interception system.
Hence why we could start teaching people more genetic manipulation.Let them play around until they figure it out.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:09 pm »

Hence why we could start teaching people more genetic manipulation.Let them play around until they figure it out.
Genetic manipulation is far above dwarf fortress hard. Especially if you're starting from scratch and such. I mean, our current(RL) top scientists don't even understand how most of it works. (They have identified a lot of things and understand the principles, but there's now how you can predict what happens when you do something ( Current manipulation is by exhanging genes from Specimen A to specimen B)). FYI: Genetic coding looks like this: ACTGTACTAGTGTGTACTTTCCATTTCGATGATCGATGCTCGTGTATCGGGTACGGGAATTCTTGATCGTCTGATGCTCTAGCCATCGTGATACTAGTAGCTTTGGGGCAACGTGGTC
Except millions of characters long. There's no way you are going to find anyone interested in it long enough to understand even what they 're looking at.  ALso, working out how something affects anything would require you to simulate the entire cell ( down to individual moneculs) and that for every cell in that animals body and for every creature. It would be impossible to do that . ( Brains are especially complicated, as there are more possible neuron combinations in the human brain then there are monecules in the universe( I hope I'm right on that one).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:42 pm »

Let me add to that, lasers as anti fighter, missles as ranged and a massive cannon that shoots a tungsten slug at enemies.
Still, your accuracy on the ground would be limited to obliterating a small neigbourhood.

Also, shooting meteors as they enter the atmosphere is hard, and I doubt we'll be able to build that thing before the atmosphere is finished.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:23 pm »

Why the hell must you shoot down all ideas ?Remember its not a REAL world we are building.Its a virtual world for them to entertain themselves.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 08, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »

Now we just need a giant space shotgun (trash compacter/Gauss cannon)

Also, that is why I said to add in the quantum number cruncher. Plus, we can try to simplify it a bit. Like starting from our bank of genes that I had us collect for the sake of creative cloning/genetic manipulation.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:13:35 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 08, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »

Well, It's a game, but I like some realism.

Sacrifies for the rule of cool are terrible. I hate that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 08, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »

Why the hell must you shoot down all ideas ?Remember its not a REAL world we are building.Its a virtual world for them to entertain themselves.
Sure, just don't expect to be able to crowdsource real waranimals out of it.

Now we just need a giant space shotgun (trash compacter/Gauss cannon)

Also, that is why I said to add in the quantum number cruncher. Plus, we can try to simplify it a bit. Like starting from our bank of genes that I had us collect for the sake of creative cloning/genetic manipulation.
:o You're pointing that thing at space right. In that case you might be please to now that even a peasized thingy can do serious damage at high speed. ( Meaning scrap shotguns are a possibility, and probably quite easy)

Also, Quantum Computers aren't magical calculators, they're just faster in certain things. Like pattern searching and such. Also they're non-deterministic which means that you can ask the computer teh same question twice and uit might give you 2 different answers.

Well, It's a game, but I like some realism.

Sacrifies for the rule of cool are terrible. I hate that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:27:10 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:32 pm »

We don't need scrap. If we could whip up some ball bearings, spin em up in a gauss cannon, fire em off, tons of spread and depending on the velocity would annihilate anything in it's path. (what is this the Firestar?)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 08, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »

Lets shoot buckyballs! Search it up its a molecule or something...

Space shotguns aside, we should start a the Death Ring but with virtual creatures

Rip goat, more loli

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 08, 2012, 02:12:07 pm »

Lets shoot buckyballs! Search it up its a molecule or something...

Space shotguns aside, we should start a the Death Ring but with virtual creatures
Buckyballs are some brand of small magnets. Nevermind I know what you mean.  Sadly shooting an atomair football out of Carbon atoms won't have any effect. Peasized pellets are about good.

Also, If this comes to a vote, I vote against teh Death for now because of the fact that we currently have a small workforce problem, limited network/ computer infrastructure in the colony, NO spare computer capacity( Real aliens and derailed genetical experimetns  first, then the virtual ones) and the fact that writing the software to simulate even a simple virtual world is hard.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 117