No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360120 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #600 on: March 07, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »

The non-native creature should be very large and easy to kill, but inedible to local life, so that it has a huge explosion in population and nom-nom-noms that algae, and then we can pick them all off with tiny lasers from orbit.

I'm thinking algea-eating whales of some sort. Come up for air so that we can laser them easier. Or something that has its gills dissolve in some innocuous substance, like iodine.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #601 on: March 07, 2012, 05:37:24 pm »

Nanites all the way.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game (Poll: what to do with the algae)
« Reply #602 on: March 07, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »

We should release hordes of either non-reprouducing natural predators of the plankton or non reproducing nanites to eat up the plankton. I voted natural predator just because I thought that would be more effectient than the nanites. Or better yet we can geneticly engineer a horde of animals who will be able to reproduce, but whoose children won't. Make sure they aren't able to pass genes coding for fertility to their children!
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 07, 2012, 06:08:56 pm »

Fighting for my support now. Don't mind me.

What immediately happens when a creature dies? It releases gasses and waste. A mass release in gasses could change the makeup of the planet by a good degree. That could cause mass extinction around native life. Plus, we need the algae for beer.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 07, 2012, 06:11:54 pm »

Well, don't kill all of the algae?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

Put some walls up around like, 1% of the algae, and kill everything out of it.

:D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2012, 07:36:21 pm »

new creature manages the algae. birds manages the creature. we farm the access algae and manage all three. That best case. worst is it doesnt work and we evacuate the birds. I think we should collect as much information from the planet as we can while we implement whatever solution we do use. Its legend and creatures are not dead yet. I have a spare plan I am working on.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2012, 08:05:51 pm »

new creature manages the algae. birds manages the creature. we farm the access algae and manage all three. That best case. worst is it doesnt work and we evacuate the birds. I think we should collect as much information from the planet as we can while we implement whatever solution we do use. Its legend and creatures are not dead yet. I have a spare plan I am working on.

I agree with this.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 08, 2012, 07:24:54 am »

Long term plan idea?
Geneticly modify creatures to become massive and awesome looking, infuse with steampunk technology, infuse with Nanites, add shields.

Capture creatures and put into a virtual reality "Death Ring" to fight to the death, many different maps ranging from technological cities to 2009 cities, volcanic islands and cliffs or a decaying patch of land on water. To cave systems with strange creatures that come out of walls and rip you to shreds.

Laugh as geneticly augmented and awesomly looking, steampunk infused, nanite infused creatures rip each other to shreds.

Turn the world in to a technolgical steampunk wilderness.

Install massibe lasers in orbit with small anti fighter/sniper lasers to keep control on the local animal populations and anything that feels like coming our way.

I felt like doing this mainly for the Death Ring idea.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 08, 2012, 07:31:38 am »

Long term plan idea?
Geneticly modify creatures to become massive and awesome looking, infuse with steampunk technology, infuse with Nanites, add shields.

Capture creatures and put into a virtual reality "Death Ring" to fight to the death, many different maps ranging from technological cities to 2009 cities, volcanic islands and cliffs or a decaying patch of land on water. To cave systems with strange creatures that come out of walls and rip you to shreds.

Laugh as geneticly augmented and awesomly looking, steampunk infused, nanite infused creatures rip each other to shreds.

Turn the world in to a technolgical steampunk wilderness.

Install massibe lasers in orbit with small anti fighter/sniper lasers to keep control on the local animal populations and anything that feels like coming our way.

I felt like doing this mainly for the Death Ring idea.

One group. Animal rights activist. We can try to clone pets for people when we get the gene thing right.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:47 am »

Do it on a different planet?

It can be this games equivilent to Reach, in defence only though

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 08, 2012, 07:57:55 am »

If you look a bit back, the scientist did not like us autopsying the birds in the name of science. How do you thing they will feel if we have them fight for our !!FUN!!?

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 08, 2012, 08:12:18 am »

If you look a bit back, the scientist did not like us autopsying the birds in the name of science. How do you thing they will feel if we have them fight for our !!FUN!!?
I say we create virtual versions of said creatures and thus allowing the 'Death Ring' to function.Allow limited gambling maybe ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 08, 2012, 08:20:07 am »

I say we create virtual versions of said creatures and thus allowing the 'Death Ring' to function.Allow limited gambling maybe ?

Supported. And I like to add this idea, we can add basic biology, chemistry, mathematics, and genetic classes to our teaching list. Hook up the virtual program to our number cruncher (or create a new one for this) and allow the colonist to virtually "make" their own creatures via genetic manipulations. Hold an annual tournament where they can battle other colonist creatures. We can keep a bank of the genetic sequences of the winners.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:21 am »

Today has gotten quite hectic for me, plan on posting this evening (probably a big one). Hope you are enjoying your discussions and planning, I certainly am.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 117