No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359969 times)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:42 am »

We can easily identify and arrest /execute them.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 01, 2012, 10:51:13 am »

That's not smart, this is oppressing.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 01, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

I' am going to stop bothering to explain simple things to your slow mind .

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 01, 2012, 11:04:39 am »

The worst thing would be Jingoism against the Avians. But then Coloured People were not as human some 200 years ago...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:20 am »

Any sort of jingoism would be the worst thing.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 01, 2012, 11:12:24 am »

ANyway, this is the science team last semiconsensus thingy( Really, nobody posts). So i'm just going to dump the whole list here.

-Continue the algae management plan
        -Use a retrovirus to modify the excisting algae to be easier to use. ( Ie Less focus on growth, more focus on easiness of being refined)

-Check what the future climate of Aries will be ( Ie calculate future oceans location/ rainshadows and such)
       - Seed planet with cyanobacteria and other to create a stable microenvironnement
       - Place plants in relevant future biomes( No Rainforests in futuree deserts and such)
       - Find a piece of to be flooded land that hasn't flooded yet and place a hydroelectrical power plant there

- Tech
      -Quantum computing

As for religion, it is actually supposed to lessen/control conflicts/violence by ritualising it. 
      -Nano assemblers
      -Strong magnetic generators( For magnetic anti rad fields, Microparticle shields bullet deflection, and cloacking ships)
      -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)
      - Design a very strong pod to locate the Uv senders.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 01, 2012, 11:15:59 am »

we should do something against the housing shortage.
Is our colony an acrology or separated?
Which infrastructure we have?
What's the sotuation with water, air and food?

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:10 am »

Remember the Crusades ?Yeah that's one of the many things caused by religion.We don't want stupid fanatics fighting each other do we ?Let alone the always retarded persons that kill because *GOD* told them to.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 01, 2012, 11:18:29 am »

Remember the Crusades ?Yeah that's one of the many things caused by religion.We don't want stupid fanatics fighting each other do we ?Let alone the always retarded persons that kill because *GOD* told them to.

That was thousand years ago.
Also, there are 790 people alive. I don't think a crusade would make much sense to them.  :P

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 01, 2012, 11:19:30 am »

Allow the chapel but say that it will be the only one of said religious sect and that it must pay tax when currency is instituted.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 01, 2012, 11:20:35 am »

Also, there are 790 people alive. I don't think a crusade would make much sense to them.  :P

And only one place to go to. Isn't the point of a crusade to well crusade.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 01, 2012, 11:21:02 am »

World war 2 .
The current middle east situation aswell

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:39 am »

knowledge and restriction is what I support.

Might I reccomend:

1.looking through the database for data on history in regards to religion through the eyes of multiple cultures and religion including those opposed/for to it.
2. producing a book (with human aid) on the data (make it as unbiased as possible)
3. teaching classes based on that book
4. allow the building of the chapel
5. Restrict the access of more hazardous resources during religious practices. Nothing that can cause major physical or psychological harm to those inside or outside the religion.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:48 am »

ANd you think it's going to work out better if you organise the church under yourself. Sooner or later someone is going to split up because they don't like you and then you will be their main target.
You can't supress it nor can you control it. Doing that will only fundamentalize/radicalize their actions and beliefs. As long as they feel themselves free and unsupressed/ threathened, nothing bad will happen.

Primitive religions originally sacralized/ ritualised violence to stop/control it. Some stuff wen't wrong there though.

World war 2 .
WOII wasn't a religous war. Hitler just used the Jews as a common enemy to unite his people.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 01, 2012, 11:24:43 am »

knowledge and restriction is what I support.

Might I reccomend:

1.looking through the database for data on history in regards to religion through the eyes of multiple cultures and religion including those opposed/for to it.
2. producing a book (with human aid) on the data (make it as unbiased as possible)
3. teaching classes based on that book
4. allow the building of the chapel
5. Restrict the access of more hazardous resources during religious practices. Nothing that can cause major physical or psychological harm to those inside or outside the religion.

DO NOT Restrict Religion. The only thing that will happen is the radicalization of their beliefs. What you can try to do is to try to gently nudge them towards peacefullness. As long as people/ believers don't feel threathened, nothing really bad will happen.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 117