No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359904 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:50 pm »

weird stuff dude. Alright I think we're all sorted out.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »

OOC: Wow. This is moving quite quickly.

So, if I am to understand correctly, when a consensus on actions is reached a large, clearly marked post will be made for me? That'd help, because, again, 4 pages of threads is not easy to mine for what you actually want to do. Very much enjoying all the discussion, by the way, and looking forward to see what you all come up with.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

>Check air composition of Aries.
>plan a better infrastructure for the colony
>Check if the databank has some human media like music or films
>If yes, hand out copies of them to humans
> Decipher light signs, or try to find a pattern in it, find out whether it is comparable to the human morse code.
> continue to monitor the signals coming from the gas giant, in case of any objects being fired upon the colony...

>Algae management plan v0.1

Stage 1: Reduction
- Build orbital lens to thin and control algae population.
- Set up refineries and gatherers for algae. Have them make biofuels and plastic. To spare on fuel these thing should remain in the atmosphere rather then in orbit.( Balloons and such)
- Develop flawed algae to weaken Pop( Only deploy if orbital lens containment fails)
- Modify fish to eat Algae( Alien fish, and preferably unreproducctive) Only deploy if the flawed algae fail
- Continue Virus work. Only deploy if all else fails

Stage 2: Control
- Factories begin construction off bioplastic walls.
- Expand industrial activity
- Orbital lens controls pop.
- Develop flawed algae to weaken Pop( Only deploy if orbital lens containment fails)
- Modify fish to eat Algae( Alien fish, and preferably unreproducctive) Only deploy if the flawed algae fail
- Continue Virus work. Only deploy if all else fails

Stage 3: COntainment and use
- Expand Factories.
- Prepare fish to be released when walls fail.
- Laser takes care of outside the fence populations, aided by flawed algea, fish and virusses( That order)

Stage 4a: Lockdown
-Maintain walls. ( Eventually modify them to be Coral like in structure, so that they repair themselves and grow stronger over time)

Stage 4b: Shepherding
-Industry size reaches sufficiently high level.
-Algae gatherers keep population in check
-Reutilise walls to contain small back-up populations in case of catastrophal pop collapse.
I like the idea of making the walls that keep the algae in check from the algaes self

>Make defence systems for colony
>Make several nuclear warheads
>Create a weapon design. It should be light, energy based and durable.

Blue.SHEME = INTERRESTIAL MATTERS
Orange.SHEME = OTHER PLANETS
Red.SHEME = WARFARE

Yes, i know, that's not all, but planning too far in the future is not very good, pals.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2012, 01:34:54 pm »

Oh! and if you want to begin research on more weapons might I suggest: Particle beams, different types of rays (microwace, gamma, chemical, others possibly), stealth in space, and methods of shielding from different types of weaponry (possibly energy, the biggest problem is that bullets are super cheap and easy and probably the most deadly to a space faring vessel. Energy, you can just polish any metal surfaces and it will drop the devestation significantly.).

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2012, 01:36:16 pm »

Also to remind.We have two different designs for said nuclear weapons to be produced.Satellite powered by germanium to concentrate X-ray beams.And your good ol' shroom cloud missile

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »

OOC: Wow. This is moving quite quickly.

So, if I am to understand correctly, when a consensus on actions is reached a large, clearly marked post will be made for me? That'd help, because, again, 4 pages of threads is not easy to mine for what you actually want to do. Very much enjoying all the discussion, by the way, and looking forward to see what you all come up with.
Yeah. But the job should float around so no one is stuck with datamining duty. unless someone wants to take it over, full time.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2012, 01:37:37 pm »

Also to remind.We have two different designs for said nuclear weapons to be produced.Satellite powered by germanium to concentrate X-ray beams.And your good ol' shroom cloud missile

You're really want this satellite, huh?  :P

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:37 pm »

It isn't powered by germanium. The crystal is the best type of crystal makeup to focus x-rays. The best type ATM I mean.

ninja'd damnit.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:57 pm »

I follow the blue part, and nay to the rest. Just keep on with good ol' virii. It has been useful, just prepare in advance the counter-counters (and the counter-counter-counter-counters) (algae will develop resistance to virus 2, at this moment launch virus 3 and keep 4 to 6 in reserve, and prepare virus 7.

4 ninjas damn it' quick
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2012, 01:39:05 pm »

They are pretty neat!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »

They are pretty neat!

Too expensive for 300 souls.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »

The thing that caused the Roswell incident was  Project Mogul.

It was a heavily modified weather balloon, partly made by a toy factory and was designed to check if the Russians were testing nuclear weapons( That's where the secrecy came from).
They used the Aliens did it excuse several times for other experimental planes though.
Wikipedia link

Btw, the Blackbirds, build in 1964, could travel faster then 3 times the speed of sound.

Exactly, showed more promise.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »

weird stuff dude. Alright I think we're all sorted out.
Denial leads people to thinking something is true. If they had said it was just a weather balloon and not a spy balloon, and noone would believe them. Be denieing and simultanously spreading the alien rumour everyone's attention was focused elsewhere.

On topic: Shields are awesome too. Just electrically charged particles( Like electrons), contained by a magnetic field around the ship. Stops laser, plasma much types of radiation, short circuits misseles. Doesn't do anything about anything with an actual mass though.( Unless you vapourize it).

I follow the blue part, and nay to the rest. Just keep on with good ol' virii. It has been useful, just prepare in advance the counter-counters (and the counter-counter-counter-counters) (algae will develop resistance to virus 2, at this moment launch virus 3 and keep 4 to 6 in reserve, and prepare virus 7.

4 ninjas damn it' quick
Nah, With each virus you deploy you increase the risk of one going rogue and killing of the rest of the planet. The Algae management plan aims for a sustainable and economically feasible solution
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:53:11 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:19 pm »

They are pretty neat!

Too expensive for 300 souls.

However the morale cost is immense! The enemy can kill me or my CO and there is nothing I can do about it. Plus no way we can attack them because they shoot down any missiles or planes.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2012, 01:44:58 pm »

The satellite stays.Fuck souls and morale :P

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 117