No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359870 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »

>begin calculation of water reserves on Class.1111 "Aries", infering possible localisation of future oceans.

>Class.2224 "Aquarius" is improper for colonization as for Article 1-5, alinea A, of the Universal Code of Colonization, refering to the interdiction to seize the home world of a sentient, or near-sentient, species. Luckily, alinea C allow us to colonize unhabited planets in the same system that a pre-technological species (Article 1-4 alinea B stipulate that all planets in the home system of a technological species belong to this species. lucky us, these birds don't have artificial locomotion system like planes, so Class.1111 "Aries" can be colonized)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 04:04:29 pm »

Better idea.Attempt to transport the infestation into space,away from the planet.Have it contained in a special ship.It shall be a useful weapon against enemies
Their just downright boring algae. They're completly useless against enemies, unless those are willing to stand still long enough to be grown over. The fact that makes it so deadly on the planet is that it destroys the habitat of the indeginous species.
That is exactly the idea.It destroys the habitat of a indegininous species.Using it on a enemy capital would buy us time and devastate them
>Initiate containment procedure of the infection.Attempt to converge it into space
>Attempt to modify the mind of the bird species to see the AI as a god.Attempt to make them suitable for life in space without a spaceship.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:08:35 pm by Xeron »

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »

Better idea.Attempt to transport the infestation into space,away from the planet.Have it contained in a special ship.It shall be a useful weapon against enemies
Their just downright boring algae. They're completly useless against enemies, unless those are willing to stand still long enough to be grown over. The fact that makes it so deadly on the planet is that it destroys the habitat of the indeginous species.
That is exactly the idea.It destroys the habitat of a indegininous species.Using it on a enemy capital would buy us time and devastate them
Problem is that these algae wouldn't work on land or on any other species/ habitat. If we want to biobomb them, we can just use any of the plants in our storage. We have an entire plants worth anyway.
Anyway, storing 5% of a planets surfaces worth of algae is a bit impossible.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2012, 04:09:46 pm »

I say we make the birds think of us as a god.And make them ready for life in space without a spaceship.I'm thinking we could bio engineer the algae to become something similar to a organic ship

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »

Organic ships are near impossible. All liquids tend to vaporize, freezing everything else. Cosmic rays tear apart the ships DNA and Organic ships have no way of providing enough thrust.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 04:11:56 pm »

This is Bay 12.Nothing is impossible :P.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »

> create a virus strain that could infect only the algea and kill it off.

> As for the birds, lets stop trying to up their intelligence before they turns on us.

> keep the breeding pairs then tag (trackers and cameras to see what they see) and release the rest.
(That gives us what we need for training and experimentation. And also a way to understand the environment they live in.)

> Create a separate Observation Space Station with a similar environment as the one they are native to
 (kinda like a zoo/school)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »

We're already working on that one. Also, another idea: Have the deep space probes approach the moons from different angles; but staying at a safe distance. Using trigonometry we could then find out where exactly which radiosignals come from.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »

We're already working on that one. Also, another idea: Have the deep space probes approach the moons from different angles; but staying at a safe distance. Using trigonometry we could then find out where exactly which radiosignals come from.
Oh, I see it. Lets try making a stealthy probe that will do the snooping, though. Something that has a hard time reflecting signals, low heat signature, and does not have a reflective surface. have it constantly send video feed and other data to the station as it approaches.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

Yeah, tagging and releasing a bunch of them would be best, instead of making an artificial environment. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »

>Research a possible fusion of Bird and Human anatomy.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:51 pm »

Yeah, tagging and releasing a bunch of them would be best, instead of making an artificial environment. :P

I think we should see where they fit into the environment and how they react to stimuli before anything. We don't want to give an apex predator guns, y'know?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2012, 11:46:33 pm »

There is some rumbling among the crew. The scientist tries to be sly about it, but his conversations with the captain are overheard... "subroutines gone mad...", "evidence of planned human-bird hybrids", "schemes for galactic domination." The captain listens stoically, eyes always glancing up towards the sensors in his cabin. Still, he makes no outward moves towards intervening in the terraforming process.

The general is consulted by the AI, and he is wary about the moons. "We don't have the capabilities to fight a whole species of technologically equivalent beings, at this point. I think we should stay cautious and not go poking our nose into any beehives until we get some military capacity built up." To that effect, he instructs the AI to continue to build up a small defensive fleet. An armored probe is built as well, per AI instructions, although the general is unaware.

Satellites are deployed to watch the sun, but no problems are forthcoming or predicted in the next three years. After a survey, a low-laying area is designated for a future sub-equatorial sea. An ice comet is diverted towards the planet, and will strike at some point next month. Chemical balances in the air continue to show favorable increases.

On Aquarius, the virus that attacks the plankton and algae is doing a fine job, reducing the area over-run back to 5% of the surface. Hopes are high that it may wipe out the infestation entirely.

The birds are an area of conflict among the AI subroutines. Unfortunately, the scientist walks in on a gruesome vivisection ordered by a particularly enthusiastic subroutine, and appears to be severely spooked by what he sees. He refuses to assist the AI with the birds for the rest of the month, so progress is slow in this field, mumbling about "crazy damn computers." However, a technician does fit a few pairs with trackers, and when released back to their home they reveal a nomadic, itinerent lifestyle.

Time lapsed in system: 9 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2012, 12:15:14 am »

The captian and the scientist have to go. Lock them in a vacated biolab, say that the virus the scintest was working on got lose and needs to be destroyed, then jetsion the lab into the nearest inhospibatle planet, state that their deaths were a great loss to the cre and replacments will need to be found and trained immeditly.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:57 am »

> Be honest with the captain and scientist saying "The birds are an area of conflict. My subroutines are undecided on the creatures. The best agreed upon method of gleaning information on the creatures quickly was anatomical examination. If there is skepticism know I was designed to hold humanity's best interests above all else."
> Feign compliance if either continues to be problematic.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 117