No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359871 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »

Ha ha look at the problems I caused.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 12:56:47 pm »

> contain the algae
> create netting attachment for the probes
> create two sealed containers to take them to the ship.
> Identify a mating pair and put them in one container
> grab a hunting tribe/pack.
> Then. . .  let the test began >:]
> include blood, tissue, and mating cell samples

> take a sample of the viruses around the algae.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 01:14:07 pm »

>produce a new micro-organism wich will eat all algae and plancton introduced on Class.2224, then die after a given time. Use redundant cellular repair to ensure that it won't mutate. Include several genes wich will allow its total destruction with the switch of a lever (suicide after exposition to radio emission on a given frequencie?)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:45 pm »

>produce a new micro-organism wich will eat all algae and plancton introduced on Class.2224, then die after a given time. Use redundant cellular repair to ensure that it won't mutate. Include several genes wich will allow its total destruction with the switch of a lever (suicide after exposition to radio emission on a given frequencie?)

Good thought. Seconded.

Humans probably arn't going to go for the uplift but we can try anyway.

>After construction bot factory is compleat construct mining bot factory.
>Send a sensor prob to the nerest radio moon, one to planet E and one to planet A
>Preform a full geological scan of Aries. See how much of the core is still molten, what the mass is and how much more mass it would need to hold onto itas atmospher over geologic time.
>send a sensor probe out into the system in surch of water ice rich cometes or astroids, anything we can slam into Aries to make it wetter.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:47:17 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 01:41:40 pm »

Mwahaha Yes! Breed! Breed! Enamor the world my photosynthesising fiends!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 01:50:58 pm »

That laughter would be worysome if this wasn't Bay12
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 01:56:49 pm »

Good thought. Seconded.

Humans probably arn't going to go for the uplift but we can try anyway.

>After construction bot factory is compleat construct mining bot factory.
>Send a sensor prob to the nerest radio moon, one to planet E and one to planet A
>Preform a full geological scan of Aries. See how much of the core is still molten, what the mass is and how much more mass it would need to hold onto itas atmospher over geologic time.
>send a sensor probe out into the system in surch of water ice rich cometes or astroids, anything we can slam into Aries to make it wetter.
Aries already has frozen ice and oceans. We just need to increase the temp and pressure. Look for traces of easily releasable greenhouse gasses in the ground. If we can set of a chainreaction this planet can terraform itself.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:35 pm »

With the scientist's help, a vehicle is fabricated that will operate in Aquarius' atmosphere. It is outfitted with a large net for snatching birds, and sent on its mission. It takes the majority of a month, but a whole hunting pack, with several mating pairs, are caught and transported back to the ship for study. Results will be forthcoming, most likely next month, but they appear to possess intelligence slightly below that of humans. They posess a modicum of language, and use simple tools. They have two sets of wings, but one has adapted to be able to grasp, like a human hand. As there is no land on the planet, they lack legs per se.

Despite the desire, with the current systems available, the algae cannot be contained mechanically; it has already spread too far to be dealt with by walls in any reasonable amount of time, and the captain and terraformer won't allow the nano-factories to be diverted for that use. The scientist, however, begins work on a micro-organism that eats the algae and then dies. It should be ready for deployment in a few months.

A mining bot factory is being created on the surface, and newer construction bots are being used to continue to expand the facilities. Now 200 humans occupy the surface. Things are going well, and the air composition is starting to move in the right direction. Mining operations are expanded as well, and will now scale up nicely as the colony grows (OOC: don't worry about minerals anymore, unless I say otherwise).

The sensor probes are launched, and the ones sent to A and E return similar results as before: many minerals, not so good for human life. The probe that is sent to the moon, however, winks out of existence upon close approach. It was emitting an impact warning before it disappeared.

The geological scan shows that Aries is nearly sufficiently massive to hold an atmosphere for a long period of time. The scan also shows an abundant layer of fossil fuels beneath the layer of iron dust. They would serve well to warm up the planet if burned on a global scale. Several ice comets and asteroids are identified, and could be diverted to the surface if desired.

Time lapsed in system: 8 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

Continue searching the planet for easily releasable greenhouse gasses( Like Carbondioxide ice)

Deploy any nonharmful microorganisms that can survive on the planets surface.

Propose plans for A Von-Neuman machine. These selfreplicating builderbots would set up mining operations and factories powered by fossil fuels dug up from the underground. The oxygen is gained from there as well.

Deploy a sattelite that should monitor the sun for Solar eruptions and suchlike. We don't want any suprises. Check which planets have a sufficiently strong magnetic field.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2012, 02:17:23 pm »

> Ask the General's opinion of what the next move should be.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:03 pm »

Aries already has frozen ice and oceans. We just need to increase the temp and pressure. Look for traces of easily releasable greenhouse gasses in the ground. If we can set of a chainreaction this planet can terraform itself.
It has some frozen ice, I think it dosn't have much. What I whant to do is get it set up to run a functioning biosphere for several hundered milion years.

>Begin calculations on how many asteriods it would take to get Aries to atmospheric retention, and how much energy and time it would take us to add them to it.

Razafrasin moon shot down our probe.
>Begin desining and construction of an armed and armored version of the standered probe to send to the moon
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:30:51 pm by kopout »

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:03 pm »

Deploy any nonharmful microorganisms that can survive on the planets surface.

Propose plans for A Von-Neuman machine. These selfreplicating builderbots would set up mining operations and factories powered by fossil fuels dug up from the underground. The oxygen is gained from there as well.
We have already got a system of microbs working on Aries and the mining and constructioin bot factorys alowe us to as produce many of those bots as we need with more controle then a Von-numan machean would give us. Macroscopic gray goo is cool but counter productive.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:57 pm »

It has some frozen ice, I think it dosn't have much. What I whant to do is get it set up to run a functioning biosphere for several hundered milion years.

>Begin calculations on howmany asteriods it would take to get Aries to atmospheric retention, and how much energy and time it would take us to add them to it.

Razafrasin moon shot down our probe. Begin dising and construction of an armed and armored version of the standered probe to send to the moon

Finally we destroy my one true enemy. The moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csj7vMKy4EI

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:35 pm »

>Study their culture in an artificial environment akin to their homes. That's the control test.

>Three tests with three different tribes, packs. Might need a lot of breeding to get enough birds. One: an attempt to enforce a settled lifestyle. Assuming they're nomadic, of course. If they can stay in one area and survive off the land that way, then it'll be much easier to adapt human skills to them. If not, well it'll be a long, hard workload.

Two: Give them some tools that, if they can figure them out, are useful to them. That's testing their problem solving and such skills.

And three: After getting some sort of communication that can handle this, attempt to teach them useful skills like herding, farming (seaweed? Depends on what their diet is, can be abstracted) and construction. That's testing their learning skill, to see if teaching them is even possible. Test many ages, if the adults can learn woo, that'll jump-start the civilizing that much sooner, if only the kids, then it's a long-haul work.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:28:44 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2012, 02:25:40 pm »

>Begin calculations on howmany asteriods it would take to get Aries to atmospheric retention, and how much energy and time it would take us to add them to it.

Razafrasin moon shot down our probe. Begin dising and construction of an armed and armored version of the standered probe to send to the moon

Are we judging from topical scans or have we sent something there to test the soil. It may have permafrost or subteranean ice. Permafrost isn't very unlikely and would provide entire oceans if warmed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 117