No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359796 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 04:03:49 am »

>radio interference: use the probe to transmit radio emission to the main ship (us). Use some subroutines to try to decypher it (if it appear to be unnatural)

>Prepare Ground Alpha (the hills) for future implantation. Near it shall be a new nano-factory.
>Send all mining drones on Class.1111

>once factory ready on Class.1111, churn out drones to mine more ressources, and build a water-producing factory on the nearest frozen ocean's shore. (with purification process of course). Then link it to citerns in Ground Alpha, and begin building atmospheric generator, then greenhouses, and so on.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 07:38:45 am »

Check core and crust composition of Planetary body B
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

OOC Meta gaming note: Please denote suggestions with a > to make things easier on me. Also let me know if you'd like to let a period of time pass: instructions for that duration can be included.

Upon checking human personnel files, the AI notices that several humans are marked with "Awaken Immediately Upon Arrival." They include a captain, a scientist, a terraforming engineer, and a general.

The ship is moved into orbit of Planet D, and the remaining mining drones are dropped uneventfully. Construction bots on the surface of Planet D begin production of a new Nano-Factory. Parts are being made in the ship's factory. It will take 6 months to complete, given the complexity of the technology involved. Production of the factory will most likely exhaust available resources during that time period. Work also continues on the hills, and a site near the shore is cleared for construction of a water-production facility.

On Planet C, the invasive plankton and algae continue to grow, their spread made more rapid by genetic tweaks implemented on the ship.

The probe transmits its data back to the ship. Upon examination by the AI, the radio signals definitely appear to be a sort of coded transmission, almost certainly from a sentient source.

Planet B is examined again, and still proves to be very hostile. It is covered in thick ash, has a highly acidic atmosphere, and its core is made of highly radioactive materials that render the planet unlivable.

Time lapsed in system: 5 Weeks

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 11:47:29 am »

>wake up humans marked to be awakened "immediatly".
>inform them of the situation (radio emissions, hostile water planet, relatively uneventful terraformation of Class.1111 in progress...)

also:
>head scientist: complain about algae/plankton unwanted infestation. Take mesures to stop it from deeriorating interesting ecosystem.
alternatively:
>water fauna: evolve and wipe out algae
>invasive algae: go extinct
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 11:53:55 am »

OOC: Just as an FYI, I'll be RP-ing the humans, but I'm sure the scientist will be none too pleased with the way the natural environment of Planet C has been compromised.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 11:55:09 am »

Planet B: radioactive? maybe. Minable? Chiefly. If the elements are radioactive that means they rarely show up in stars, meaning this planet should be an elemental treasure trove.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 12:05:29 pm »

>Half construction capacity to making mining drones

>Send all mining drones to planet E to avoid damaging Homeworld and for resource abundamcy

>Start construction of Core Drills (make massive holes till they hit the core, having an elevator in the middle of the drill for mining drones) on planet E

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »

Radioactive?  No go for people then.  Do we have a mass fabricator?
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2012, 12:29:03 pm »

>Send all mining drones to planet E to avoid damaging Homeworld and for resource abundamcy

>Start construction of Core Drills (make massive holes till they hit the core, having an elevator in the middle of the drill for mining drones) on planet E
Veto-ing this.

First, Classs.1111 was never exploited, it is unlikely for us to deplete all its ressources in less than a few centuries. Plus, we can always recycle.

Second, drilling down to the planet's core is near-impossible and far, far from rentability. plus, in all sci-fi, if you drill down to the very core of a planet, in every case it ASPLODE.
Full Sig

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 12:38:35 pm »

Might I make the recommendation of
1. making an ice cap of frozen H2O near a possible small settlement area on 1.1.1.1
2. collecting a dead and alive specimen of all the species on planet (was it?) 2.2.2.4 for anatomy and physiology examination and possible genetic manipulation
3. Decoding the mysterious signal that we received. Possibly into an audible form to be examined by the awoken crew.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »

>Use construction drones to build drills and make spacestations out of planet E asteroids. Research stations...and resources

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:00:12 am by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 01:00:39 pm »

Might I make the recommendation of
1. making an ice cap of frozen H2O near a possible small settlement area on 1.1.1.1
2. collecting a dead and alive specimen of all the species on planet (was it?) 2.2.2.4 for anatomy and physiology examination and possible genetic manipulation
3. Decoding the mysterious signal that we received. Possibly into an audible form to be examined by the awoken crew.
support.
Full Sig

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 01:01:17 pm »

I think I will handle the third one

> focus on the signal of the closest moon

> record the signal and the wave length of the signal as an audio file and a graph

> find repeating patters in the signal

> determine destination of signal

> match signal with all known audio files and wave lengths and show the captain and scientist the final discoveries for further input.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »

OOC Meta gaming note: Please denote suggestions with a > to make things easier on me. Also let me know if you'd like to let a period of time pass: instructions for that duration can be included. Time scale has changed to one month per post.

The captain, scientist, terraforming engineer, and general are awoken this week, and they are not very pleased with the AI's performance so far. Mutterings about the interval between waking and the infusion of biotics into an untouched ecosystem abound, but they make no formal complaints. Upon being briefed on the situation, the captain considers the circumstances and wariliy tells the AI to proceed with its plans.

"I'm not wild about this biotic infestation on Aquarius," he says, apparently using the name the humans have designated for Planet C. "But what's done is done. The progress on Aries is more in line with what I was expecting. Carry on, but do be careful about tainting native life."

"Those radio signals concern me. I wish there was a way to find out more about them. From what you've inferred, they appear to be... terrestrial in nature. Keep me informed of any breakthroughs."

Unfortunately, the AI is unable to make any such breakthroughs, despite devoting considerable computing power to doing so. Certain patterns do repeat, and the signals both originate and terminate at nearly every single moon. All attempts to convert it to an audio format result in gibberish, to the human ear. Neither the captain nor scientist have any insight into the data as it stands.

Construction bots begin to move ice from the ocean to the settlement, creating a nice water supply in a nearby crater. It is roughly 1 mile wide, and should support a sizeable population when treated. Plans for creation of an oceanic water facility are postponed, per the captain's orders. Basic living quarters for an advance team have been created, sunken into the hillside, as well.

As the nano-factory is busy constructing another factory, no further orders (such as mining equipment or fabricators for the asteroids) can be completed at the moment, and the ship lacks the tools to collect specimens from the other planet.

Time lapsed in system: 2 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 04:00:28 am »

>Use construction drones to build drills and make spacestations out of planetE asteroids.Researchstations...and resources

>Scan for unknown elements throughoutthe system

>Start vote for naming the planet Aries, Terra instead
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:02:04 am by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 117