No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359797 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »

PTW.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 07:41:59 pm »

I think we should construct a platform over the shallowest part of the ocean planet.  Despite the hostile wildlife, I think it would be the only feasible location for a long-term human settlement.  It already supports life and has plenty of easily accessible water.  Nutrients from the ocean could easily be obtained using robots to support the settlement for the short term.

We'd have to make it an airtight facility for now, but we could probably try to make a virus or something to kill most of the disease-causing bacteria later.
Bad idea.  Viruses mutate so quicly that the possibility of that biting us in the ass is very high.  Additionally, even if it doesn't mutate, we have no idea how it could affect the ecosystem of that planet.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 07:48:25 pm »

realease plancton and algea. That should level out any oxygen problems, provide food, a plasticizer, and possible petroleum in the future. Plus that shit reproduces like a sonvabitch. As long as anybody doesn't mind having green oceans for a while. I would like a second vote on this. If we don't have any then disregard.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:09 pm »

realease plancton and algea. That should level out any oxygen problems, provide food, a plasticizer, and possible petroleum in the future. Plus that shit reproduces like a sonvabitch. As long as anybody doesn't mind having green oceans for a while. I would like a second vote on this. If we don't have any then disregard.
+1  If it causes a problem, I think it would be easier to fix than the viruses.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 07:56:34 pm »

+1 this is bay12 where mermaid ppl get slaughtered for their bones to make pointless trinkets. green ocean not that bad comparably
voice of evil reason

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 08:13:07 pm »

+1 this is bay12 where mermaid ppl get slaughtered for their bones to make pointless trinkets. green ocean not that bad comparably
+1
because this may fail horribly.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »

+1
Green oceans make for good environments. I approve of this.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:11 pm »

+1
Green oceans make for good environments. I approve of this.
+whatever number
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »

AI requests clarification: algae and plankton are to be released on ocean planet, correct?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »

Yes. Now, go forth and greenify!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 11:20:51 pm »

OOC Meta gaming note: Please denote suggestions with a > to make things easier on me. Also let me know if you'd like to let a period of time pass: instructions for that duration can be included.

AI subroutines come to an agreement: release algae and plankton on planet C. Suitable specimen are produced from the organism bank and reanimated. A salvo of small biotic transports are launched into the planet; most survive the impact and are released into the ocean. Time will tell if the plan comes to fruition, but all seems well so far.

The probe sent towards the gas giants detects flurries of short-wave radio activity as it gets nearer. They are strong and focused, originating from many of the moons. Upon closer inspection, it appears as if the gas giant's magnetic sphere distorts anything outside the immediate area. Probe lacks more sophisticated sensors for further examination.

Time lapsed in system: 4 Weeks

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:38:43 pm by Maldevious »

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:32 pm »

>Open files on the humans we are carrying to find out who, if any of them would be useful awake.

>Get closed to planet D then ship the mining drones to the surface.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 12:22:11 am »

Are you going to represent resources mined by the drones?
> Send more mining drones! Produce a small facility underwater on planet C. Name it Rapture. It is to have a second Nano Factory.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 12:31:31 am »

Are you going to represent resources mined by the drones?

I don't want to get too deep into numbers with minerals and such. If you have enough, I will let you know. If you need more, I will also let you know. Effectively, whenever something is being produced by the nano-factory, I run a check. If you fail, you need more resources. But I also don't want to get too involved in numbers and miss story-telling possibilities. Hope that clarifies things.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 01:01:46 am »

>Anyway, buld another factory!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 117