No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360407 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #990 on: April 01, 2012, 03:02:56 pm »

What would the irradiated pieces do? Most radioactive materiel has a half life of 7 seconds or significantly shorter. Plus it will burn in atmosphere and be spread veeerrry thinly in ocean that we don't use. Our problems will be absolutely completely no doubt gone in 4 or 6 months if there are any.
No it ussually blows up into other smaller asteriods that could still make it through the atmosphere, if it where a asteroid that could destroy a planet. Even if they were small enoung to burn up in the atmosphere, if the fragments weren't knocked off couse, we would face a scenerio of the smaller asteroids lighting the atmospehre around their combined impact area on fire, obviously destroying much of the wildlife.

I was addressing the radioactive chunks fear. Just the irradiated pieces. I think your comment is misplaced. And obviously I would want to place the nuke where it would be the most effective. I thought that was assumed.

Alright let's do it. Mining it is kind of silly anyway.
Sorry I thought you meant all the results of nuking the asteroid my bad  :(.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 01, 2012, 03:17:31 pm »

+1 Nuke then ship
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

What would the irradiated pieces do? Most radioactive materiel has a half life of 7 seconds or significantly shorter. Plus it will burn in atmosphere and be spread veeerrry thinly in ocean that we don't use. Our problems will be absolutely completely no doubt gone in 4 or 6 months if there are any.
No it ussually blows up into other smaller asteriods that could still make it through the atmosphere, if it where a asteroid that could destroy a planet. Even if they were small enoung to burn up in the atmosphere, if the fragments weren't knocked off couse, we would face a scenerio of the smaller asteroids lighting the atmospehre around their combined impact area on fire, obviously destroying much of the wildlife.

I was addressing the radioactive chunks fear. Just the irradiated pieces. I think your comment is misplaced. And obviously I would want to place the nuke where it would be the most effective. I thought that was assumed.

Alright let's do it. Mining it is kind of silly anyway.
Sorry I thought you meant all the results of nuking the asteroid my bad  :(.

No sweat. +1 vote for nuking and ship. I think we have a winner.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 01, 2012, 03:37:33 pm »

Why not stick a bigass rocket on it and nudge it into orbit or past the planet? If it's small enough to be gravitationally effected then it's small enough to be relatively easily pushed.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 01, 2012, 03:57:46 pm »

Nanite, ship, nuke. in that order. That sound good?

Well, if we have nanite tech, making nanites by reverse engineering shouldn't be that hard. lets through that in the mix. in the mean time, new plan, SLOW THAT ROCK DOWN!
Lets just park some ships near the asteriod, the gravitational force of the ships will nudge the asteriod sufficently off course over the long term to avoid a collision with the planet.

I hope you mean remote controlled ships we don't have.
No our big ship will be sufficent, and we can get there in time.
The risk of that is to lose oour ship with all its important stuff in it. including the origional location of earth. GOd blody no. And No I am not spellchecking thsi. its to fullish to even waist time on it.
There is almost no chance of losing our ship, by next we are talking a safe distance away. You can accurately forecast the trajectory of the asteroid, and position us so that we do not intersect with its path. It's not like we are in front of the thing either, we would be at the sides and approach from the sides, ensuring that it wouldn't hit us. If it did hit us we would receive a fraction of the total force of the asteroid, as most of its momentum would not be heading toward us.

Also it's not like we don't have engines capable of moving us away if the asteroid does move marginally closer to us.

Proven wrong. Sorry for demeaning you and your intelligence.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 01, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »

Both of you. Quit it.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 01, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

We don't have nanites and I agree with Scelly. I think that counts as another vote for ship and nuke.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 01, 2012, 04:13:28 pm »

Dock with asteroid, become internet star- Wrong thread. The gm said we can build nanites by reverse engineering our current nanofab, with the quantum computer it should be easy.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 01, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

Oh. Missed that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 01, 2012, 04:19:38 pm »

Both of you. Quit it.
No! I was actually being sincere. Trying to apologize for doing what I did by saying what I said.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 01, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »

Ok, It just sounded like an insult. Just stop talking to each other for a while please.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 01, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »

Fine. Whatever you think it would take to make peace.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 01, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »

Can we kill the meteorite now, or could we even kill the eldritch things that we unleashed?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 01, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »

Can we kill the meteorite now, or could we even kill the eldritch things that we unleashed?

Seriously. We are a super smart computer program having trouble dealing with a big rock.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 01, 2012, 05:47:29 pm »

Technically, we're several super smart subroutines within a super smart computer program arguing with each other.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 117