No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360349 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #870 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:58 am »

they are nomadic hunters. nomads are use to travel,. hunters to fighting and death. We raise them, we have a chance on calling on them if we get in a bind.  That is what i was thinking and planning for back then.
I don't think we should arm other species, that could lead to a civil war which would jeopardize the safety of our Humans.

I actually did not see that as a possible incident. If I can think of a way around it, care to put it back on the consideration board?

Plus, enslaving a species would probably scare the Lunar dudes into a pre-emptive strike. While aiding a species, and being in (relative) harmony with them, *might* make them less worried that we'll go out there and enslave/exterminate them.
The "Luner dudes" have demonstrated Isolationist behaivor, they did not care when we colonized a planet in their system, infected a planet with Algea, and I doubt they will care about what we do to the Avains. They would know they are still stronger than us, and likely just stay on their moons and leave us at peace.

Errrr. . . . . If I remember correctly, the moonies have only basic propulsion systems. But you have to look that part up yourself.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 29, 2012, 09:04:16 am »

Fun fact about the Tesla tower idea. Apparentl you can use laser to ionise the air to create a path for lightining. This allows you to both divert real lighting as the lighting your tesla tower shoots. Bad fact is that it either hits the target you're aiming at, or yourself.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 29, 2012, 10:20:58 am »

they are nomadic hunters. nomads are use to travel,. hunters to fighting and death. We raise them, we have a chance on calling on them if we get in a bind.  That is what i was thinking and planning for back then.
I don't think we should arm other species, that could lead to a civil war which would jeopardize the safety of our Humans.

I actually did not see that as a possible incident. If I can think of a way around it, care to put it back on the consideration board?

Plus, enslaving a species would probably scare the Lunar dudes into a pre-emptive strike. While aiding a species, and being in (relative) harmony with them, *might* make them less worried that we'll go out there and enslave/exterminate them.
The "Luner dudes" have demonstrated Isolationist behaivor, they did not care when we colonized a planet in their system, infected a planet with Algea, and I doubt they will care about what we do to the Avains. They would know they are still stronger than us, and likely just stay on their moons and leave us at peace.

Errrr. . . . . If I remember correctly, the moonies have only basic propulsion systems. But you have to look that part up yourself.
When it comes to combat robots would be superior to the Avains. They don't need training, nuirishment, and react much faster. More importantly though we don't need a very big army, which is were the Avains numbers would come in handy, all we need is a couple of well armed space ships and we can take out any threat. Besides if the enemy has complete control of space then they can just bombard the ground from orbit and destroy any armies we could bring to bear. I wouldn't even be in favor of a human army.

I don't remember the technological capacity of the lunies but given their apparent isolationist tendencies they would likely not have advacned that far in terms of space travel, only the ability to travel to other nearby moons and a means to defend themselves I would think.

As far as ground forces go i would think we would only need a form of special forces to criple the enemy and take strategic positions when we couldn't bombard the planet.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 29, 2012, 01:23:02 pm »

It seems most likely to me that the first planet was starting to be terraformed, but the aliens never actually got around to settling it.  They might have had troubles back at home, or they were frightened off by the Moonies, or maybe they just didn't need more colonies right now, so they left it open as a future option.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 29, 2012, 01:25:42 pm »

It seems most likely to me that the first planet was starting to be terraformed, but the aliens never actually got around to settling it.  They might have had troubles back at home, or they were frightened off by the Moonies, or maybe they just didn't need more colonies right now, so they left it open as a future option.
yeah I believe that is the consenus in regards to the first planet. Or advance drones made it for us but functionally there is no diffrence.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2012, 01:59:05 pm »

Research methods of storing large amounts of static electricity.

Lightining power go go go
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2012, 02:05:01 pm »

Meta batteries? Alright. I'm for that. Let's research that, just because cybernetics isn't exactly priority.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:19 pm »

Hmm... Have we checked below-surface for significant tectonic activity or interesting features/resources, regarding the half-terraformed region?

I find it odd that they'd terraform and then abandon... Its just not feasible for anyone to go through that effort and then simply disappear. Perhaps there may be clues to the true reasons somewhere...

I for one enjoy poking at possibilities because it gives GMs devious ideas with which to piss of their players. I know I do that to my players, and they hate despise love it. <_<
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:50 am »

We should use heated plasma cannons!
(Ionisize gas. Heat plasma. Shoot plasma.)
Or, OR!

PARTICLE BEAM MORTARS!
(Accelerate matter to near lightning speed, then shoot a stream of this particles to target.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 30, 2012, 07:56:21 am »

We should use heated plasma cannons!
(Ionisize gas. Heat plasma. Shoot plasma.)
Or, OR!

PARTICLE BEAM MORTARS!
(Accelerate matter to near lightning speed, then shoot a stream of this particles to target.)
Those could work. About the lighting idea, Lasers can apparently be used to direct lightning, so we only need to find a way to store that energy.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:53 am »

The possibilities!

We could also make neural interfaces for the humans. An artificial eye, that transmit informations direct to the field of view.

Good, we would need (maybe) immune system supressants and advanced surgery for this, but we could make science and law enforcment more effective!

Also : Yes, I'm against war. But it wouldn't hurt to have some interceptors, that also can fly into the space.
Packed with missiles and/or other weapons.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:09:35 am by Dragor23 »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 30, 2012, 08:23:24 am »

The possibilities!

We could also make neural interfaces for the humans. An artificial eye, that transmit informations direct to the field of view.

Good, we would need (maybe) immune system supressants and advanced surgery for this, but we could make science and law enforcment more effective!

Also : Yes, I'm against war. But it wouldn't hurt to have some interceptors, that also can fly into the space.
Packed with missiles and/or other weapons.
If we are going to utilize Bio-Cybernetics, which an artifical eye would go under, we should also utilize immuniological nanites. Nanobots designed to supplement a Human's immune system, destroy diseases, kill cancers, it can make people virtually immortal. They can also help to maintain the cybernetic implanets, an stop the body form rejecting them.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 30, 2012, 08:44:34 am »

We can take this up to eleven and also make a small layer of carbon tubes under the skin. Transplanted body armour!  :P
And a device on the trachea , that act as air filter. With two gas tanks near the brainstem. In these would be liquid oxygen, that would be injected, when the air has an insufficient oxygen level.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:49:06 am by Dragor23 »

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 30, 2012, 09:16:22 am »

Um... you realize how cold liquid oxygen is, right? It's like, two steps away from liquid hydrogen. It's completely unfeasible to put liquid oxygen inside the human body safely.

It would be more practical to line the mouth with a filter that extracts as much oxygen from the environment as possible and directly oxygenates the blood heading towards the brain. This way, one only has to fill their mouth with, say, water, in order to get oxygen, then spit it out. Or, you could go with extra oxygen reservoirs in the style of avian respiratory systems, except used only to store air. Some diving species of animals also have a substance in their muscles- myoglobin, I think it was called- that can store enough oxygen to allow them to stay submerged for hours, if you really want humans that need to breathe less often.

The carbon tube idea is interesting, though I'm not sure how useful it'd be against the weaponry of any species that would require us to put the fragile fleshbags in danger in the first place.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:30 am »

Yes, yes, liquid oxygen is goddamn cold.  It would need a good thermal insulation, and this is difficult to maintain in a human body. It was an idea, though.

The carbon tubes are like kevlar, essentially. Only harder and better kinetic energy absorbing ability. Ballistic weapons protection! Also, cut protection.

Yes, it's useless against any heat based weaponary.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:24:47 am by Dragor23 »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 117