No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360353 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »

No! Cybernetics is meant to be a leap in the medical field. It is to replace lost arms and stuff, not further some weird agenda.
If that's what you meant by cybernetics, what in great Wikipedia was I looking at?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »

I don't know. I just don't exactly want the colonists turned into lobotimites.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 28, 2012, 06:45:45 pm »

I don't know. I just don't exactly want the colonists turned into lobotimites.

Unless it can be convinced that its in their best interest and can be don without the Idea insigting riots, I agree.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:36 pm »

Yeah cybernetics is a very broad term according to wikipedia a more accurate term would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biocybernetics which is the application of cybernetics to biology.

By the way by AI to Brain interface I didn't mean us controling them mor elike they can communicate with us through thoughts instead of a key board, and never suggested lobotomy.

You can both replace limbs turn your colonists into half-man half-robot, and lobotomize the avains to turn them into slaves.

@Zomara
The colonists will be fine with it they know we are porgrammed only to be in thier best interests.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 28, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »

We already have perfectly loyal slaves. They're called robots under our direct control.

Why the hell would we need squishy primitive birds as slaves? :I They're a better resources as minds than hands.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »

We already have perfectly loyal slaves. They're called robots under our direct control.

Why the hell would we need squishy primitive birds as slaves? :I They're a better resources as minds than hands.

C'mon fellas. I like the birdies.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 28, 2012, 07:49:06 pm »

I'm sure they'd like you too. If you didn't want to take out half their brains and turn them into mindless organic slaves. ;D
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:34 pm »

I'm sure they'd like you too. If you didn't want to take out half their brains and turn them into mindless organic slaves. ;D
Hey that was my idea, no stealing  :D.

Well robots cost materials to make and the Avians have the benefits of being premade and requiring a minimal amount of resources to collect, lobotomize, and install AI uplink then it would take to build an entire robot. They couldn't perform as well as a robot but all we would need is a clever chemical trap filled with pheromones to attract Avian and some lobotomization robots and AI uplink install bots and then we could use them as a form of primitive labor. Bring them to Aries, use them to dig the habitats for the humans and build the Nano factories, always uses for slaves.

I don't think the Avians would be a good resource as far as minds are concerned, by the time we get them through an education after decoding their language and uplift them we will have humans in and past college. They likely have a lesser IQ then Humans on average also which means they would make less effective researchers. Your uplifting program even long term will have little benefits, they will learn slower than Humans would, they will be dumber than Humans are, and they consume food that could go to the humans in all likely hood, so in terms of researchers they are clearly inferior. Not to mention that to go through school take some 16 years, and again by that time we will have Humans in college who will be smarter than they are. Those are also the years it takes a human to finish college, not an Avians. As a species they will be threat to the Humans fi they become intelligent thanks to our genetic tampering or uplifting, may I remind you that we are only concerned with the wellbeing of the Humans.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:17 pm »

They're still potentially sentient beings.

You're a terrible sub-routine! D:<
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 28, 2012, 08:23:09 pm »

They're still potentially sentient beings.

You're a terrible sub-routine! D:<

Plus if we were to lobotomize semi sentiments then I think the humans might get a bit worried.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 28, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »

Besides, as "terrible" as they are as minds (I think we can fix any issues, like their intelligence, plus whatever cultural/physiological perspectives they bring to the fore are potentially worth the hassle) they'd be worse as labour.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 28, 2012, 08:38:30 pm »

they are nomadic hunters. nomads are use to travel,. hunters to fighting and death. We raise them, we have a chance on calling on them if we get in a bind.  That is what i was thinking and planning for back then.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:35 pm »

Yeah and I think I would like to have a bit of the variable in there. There will be specism maybe, or genreal fighting or squabbling, but that would add a whole 'nother level to this game, keeping cohesion between these separate groups. I imagine some good will come from it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:44 pm »

Plus, enslaving a species would probably scare the Lunar dudes into a pre-emptive strike. While aiding a species, and being in (relative) harmony with them, *might* make them less worried that we'll go out there and enslave/exterminate them.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 29, 2012, 08:28:25 am »

they are nomadic hunters. nomads are use to travel,. hunters to fighting and death. We raise them, we have a chance on calling on them if we get in a bind.  That is what i was thinking and planning for back then.
I don't think we should arm other species, that could lead to a civil war which would jeopardize the safety of our Humans.

Plus, enslaving a species would probably scare the Lunar dudes into a pre-emptive strike. While aiding a species, and being in (relative) harmony with them, *might* make them less worried that we'll go out there and enslave/exterminate them.
The "Luner dudes" have demonstrated Isolationist behaivor, they did not care when we colonized a planet in their system, infected a planet with Algea, and I doubt they will care about what we do to the Avains. They would know they are still stronger than us, and likely just stay on their moons and leave us at peace.

Besides, as "terrible" as they are as minds (I think we can fix any issues, like their intelligence, plus whatever cultural/physiological perspectives they bring to the fore are potentially worth the hassle) they'd be worse as labour.
I doubt the cultural heritage of nomads is worth to effort of uplifting a species. They'd be horrible in comparision to robots, in one on one terms, but for the same amount of materials it would take to make one robot we could enslave at least ten Avains, at which point they make up for the fact that they are inferior in terms to a robot just by shear numbers.

Physiologicalaly, you mean the study of their bodies? We could sequence their genome for usefull genes, but that could be done after lobotimization. If you meant Pyschologically we could not lobotomize a small number in order to see if they have any redemable intelectual qualities, and if so we can clone the species back into existance.

Again genetic engineering, educating, and teaching a new language to, an entire species would be extremely costly, and by the time it is finished we would have a large population of humans. We could sequance their genome in less than a year, but identify which genes would increase intelligence would take much longer, especially since it would likely involve creating new genes. As I pointed out we would need to give them a college education to have them be worth much in terms of labour terms, most simple labour would be done by robots in this scenerio so the only work remaining would be skilled labor.

On the other hand you could not educate them and just teach them the language and let them do unskilled work, but then why uplift the species, you could have just lobotimize them.

Oh and I doubt the Humans will mind us lobotimizing a species because we can ensure them that caring for the humans is the most in-built subrotine in our programming and that we are enslaving the species so they can preform labor for the humans and care for them.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:30:07 am by Mr. Palau »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 117