No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360200 times)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2012, 08:00:56 am »

>Prepare military tech .Have all humans instructed in its uses.
>Research ship cloaking devices

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2012, 11:07:18 am »

> Do not release the grasshoppers. Remember what happened last time we dropped an new species into a biosphere were it had no natural enemies.

> Start and education system on Aries

>Develop education AI for the colonist youth. (Allow the curriculum coding to be modified by us at any time. (Like if we wanted to subtly suggest compliance with AI, maybe, or if we just want to teach them more about physics

>Search a comet/asteroid that will enter the inner system soon and will pass by the gas giants when it leaves it again.( We just drop some stealth sensors there,might want to see what's out there).

> Deploy mesuring centers all over the planed: Info gathering focusses on Temperature, air pressure, air composition, seismological data.

> Tech ( This is just a stuff that might be useful list, sorted vaguely on importance)
       -!Strong magnetic generators( For magnetic anti rad fields, Microparticle shields bullet deflection, and cloacking ships) ( This magnetic field thingy can also protect against radiation ,so it  might be useful if we're going to nuke the planet.!
     - !DNA Sequencing, coding/ decoding installations complete with cloning pods. There seem to be a lot of genetic engineering suggestion. This will make that possible.!
     - Upgraded Quantum Computing centrae. Alien language decoding, genetic engineering and weather/geology predictions all take up lost of CPU.
     -Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
     -Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam. Also work on Laser point defense systems
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)

>Develop education AI for the colonist youth. (Allow the curriculum coding to be modified by us at any time. (Like if we wanted to subtly suggest compliance with AI, maybe, or if we just want to teach them more about physics.))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:41:17 am by 10ebbor10 »

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 15, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »

Yeah, releasing grasshoppers (capable of defoliating huge swaths of land here on earth) into the nascent ecology of Aries would probably be disastrous.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:57 pm »

Yeah, releasing grasshoppers (capable of defoliating huge swaths of land here on earth) into the nascent ecology of Aries would probably be disastrous.

Its gonna be Egypt all over again :/

Anyway

Warning, I have no idea what I'm saying in this suggestion, I just want it to sound cool
>>Genetic sequencing of native wildlife to (this part makes no sense)correspond with something
>>Start constructing plans for DeathRing. Start using quantographic coding to construct main programs of Deathring the quantographic part was random word I made up

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »

I plan on posting this evening, so get all your suggestions in (slow turn, it seems).

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 16, 2012, 03:53:24 pm »

>If there is actually enough room to comfortably fit all the colonists then send them in.  If not, work on getting the colony ready to fit everyone.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 16, 2012, 04:00:07 pm »

>If there is actually enough room to comfortably fit all the colonists then send them in.  If not, work on getting the colony ready to fit everyone.
not just to fit everyone but to make everyone happy so they don't revolt agian.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 16, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »

(slow turn, it seems).

Well I think we got two turns worth of suggestions in last turn. Look at 10ebber10's post.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »

Some ideas I'm just gonna toss out there in order of importance: Aerotransmission (The ability to transmit electricity using waves of light (radio and micro) which was tested by Tesla and would eliminate the need for wires, cables, and any sort of long term battery (eesntially cutting our resources spent on such things entirely!)) and teleportation/quantum storing (Where you place a person or object (or tons of objects) in a pocket universe and either store it (eliminating the need for actual wharehouses or storehouses, providing tons of space) or retreive it it from a seperate location (Essentially teleportation). Maybe other scouting dimensions (I can't think of any direct pros for this one besides it being cool)? Enough parentheses for ya? What do ya think?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 17, 2012, 10:05:05 pm »

>Dig out bunkers deep beneath Aries' core as a defense against disasters that would leave our current enclosures uninhabitable.

>Expand our sensors, we don't want any attacks to come as a surprise.

>Upgrade our medical drones. Basic drones just seem so... basic.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game (Poll: what to do with the algae)
« Reply #730 on: March 18, 2012, 03:44:21 am »

After consulting the havoc caused on Aquarius, a decision is made to hold back on the release of the grasshoppers into Aries' nascent environment. It seems to be prudent, given the lack of natural predators. Still, the scientists are pushing for some kind of semi-complex organism to be introduced. "We'll need to build a biosphere at some point."

An education curriculum is introduced by the AI, and the many new parents on Aries take to it quite well. With the children being so young still, it effectively amounts to nothing more than a nanny service at this point, but the potential is there for additional upgrades in the future.

A comet is found that is entering the inner system and heading towards the outer system. A rendezvous is planned for next month to outfit it with some stealth sensors that will allow spying on the aliens for a few months time, once the asteroid is in position.

Sensors are dropped all over the planet, but network issues cause them to burn out their batteries before any useful data is gathered. The task will have to be tried again in a month.

A huge breakthrough occurs in magnetic field technology, as research is focused there. The fundamental principle is deciphered cleanly by the quantum computer: the colony will now be able to make strong magnetic shields that even are capable of bending light for stealth and defense against energy and kinetic strikes.

Another advance comes in the medical robot technology: an old codex file for medical definitions is found, and turned into an advanced program that will help the medical bots with diagnosis.

The colony is filled with the remaining colonists, and a celebration takes place. The first phase of colonization is over. Now comes the hard part: bending the planet to fit human life.

Bunkers are dug beneath the surface of the colony, expanding the original habitations, in case of dangerous events. They are shielded magnetically and capable of storing a breeding population of humans.

Aquarius continues to come further under control, with the infestation dropping back down to a more manageable 6% of the surface. The thickness of the algae is reduced, though, and some (un)natural predators are beginning to thin the Wrinkled Suckfish population out.

Time lapsed in system: 1 year, 9 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 18, 2012, 03:51:21 am »

>Build the spying disguised research station on the asteroid. Specs: Nuclear generator, magnetic field gennies.

>Begin working on the biosphere. We need to get some small predators adapted and other things.

>Deploy some communication sattelites in the orbit of all inner planets.

>Retry the sensors.

>Begin the construction of carbon fiber nanotubes. Space elevators are cool.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:54:31 am by 10ebbor10 »

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 18, 2012, 04:28:54 am »

>Build a supercomputer with backups of us in the bunker.

>See if the Magnetic Shields have a useful application as containment for nuclear fusion.

>Begin genetically engineering a variety of ant that can live in a symbiotic relationship with the lichens, and which will protect their crop from the grasshoppers.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 18, 2012, 11:00:37 pm »

>In addition to the lichen farmer ants and the grasshoppers, Introduce at least one species of predatory insect to eat the both of them.
Whats the temperature on Aries? Still cold I bet. Lets see if we can get the heat going.
> Consult transformer and geologists on the best way to raise the temperature.
> Place sensors on Aries surface to determine optimal wavelength for plants to absorb (it's probably different then earth )

"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:11 am »

I got my tech list.

> Tech ( This is just a stuff that might be useful list, sorted vaguely on importance)
     - Upgraded Quantum Computing centrae. Alien language decoding, genetic engineering and weather/geology predictions all take up lost of CPU.
     -Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
     -Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam. Also work on Laser point defense systems
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 117