No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360061 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #540 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:22 pm »

If the statis system is just a basic cryo thingy, then it would work. Otherwise, probably not. But we aren't exactly in a hurry we got enough time left. We should find a way off effectively clearing large stretches of water. Any suggestions.

Anyway, getting the harvesting and laser back only will help.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:03 pm »

Giving the Algea cancer may actually be a good idea, but I think it'd be better to set up a giant laser of some sort to beam the radiation directly onto the algea, if at all possible. It should minimize collateral damage.

Or perhaps some sort of whale-like creature that eats the algea by the shit-ton and can breed explosively and be easy to kill off. Maybe a genetic trigger where a certain chemical that's not naturally found much anywhere but is non-poisonous to native life. Iodine, perhaps? Or something the Birds can eat and harvest as a food source, which will help with their tech growth. We need to make sure it's easily removable though, unlike the algea...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 05, 2012, 02:25:24 pm »

Perhaps we could make them sterile and have a radio receiver wired to an explosive implanted in their head.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 05, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »

Viva la Revolución!

No, just a joke. Stay out of politic. It's not our matter, we're just a giant pocket calculator.

But! When riots happening, beat the shit out of 'em with our policebots.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 05, 2012, 05:30:29 pm »

If they were to riot we could detain all of them, as to preserve them and not let them destroy themselves. Then we can have robots do all the jobs.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:38 am »

Why not solve biological problem with a biological method? We need to find a crearure that can eat the algae and release it on the planet. We must have some in our bank of animals and plants.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:34 am »

Why not solve biological problem with a biological method? We need to find a crearure that can eat the algae and release it on the planet. We must have some in our bank of animals and plants.

Would screw up the ecosystem too.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 06, 2012, 08:13:07 am »

I support the cancer idea, but the long term effects are random at best. Lets try to force the creation of a legitimate island (large) in the center of the infestation. We can then make a form of land based (preferably amphibian) creature that can consume the algae and only the algae. It would have to have a long lifespan, but the DNA has to be based of a creature that already exist. We would also have to make it similar to the native pray of one of the other species (preferably the birds) that way, while its doing its job of holding back the algae, it itself is less of a threat to the ecosystem and, possibly can temporarily integrate itself into it. In fact, we could use it as a way to teach the birds how to farm. Then they will be able to watch over the whole system of it. It would kill their nomadic ways, though.

If you consider this plan, you would need to make the island, then the creature, the introduce the creature to the system, then start moving some of the creatures were the birds are at completely random intervals, with them eating it hopefully, then let it propagate in the ecosystem before introducing the birds to where they are.

mass repairing of the ecosystem will require changing a bit of the ecosystem itself.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:23 am »

Giving the algea cancer is a bad idea. They are unicelular and if we increse the mutation rate it will not result in tumors. Rather it will result in rapid evolution giving us an algea plage that is even harder to kill off.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 06, 2012, 11:21:03 am »

The plan was not to give them cancer ( But that was how some people misunderstood it) but to radiation bomb a large chunk of the planet. Given the large reproduction rate of algae and the fact that radiation tends to obliterate their DNA, this would result in a large amount of death Algae.  MUTATIONS AREN'T GOOD.  There're way more possible bad mutations then there are belevolent ones. If we detonate a bomb in orbit this will increase the amount of mutations so much that for every Good mutations there would be numerous fatal ones. Their genetic informations would be damaged beyond repair.

Still, this is a last resort. For now I propose we get the laser and gathering thingies online.

- Tech ( This is just a stuff that might be useful list, sorted vaguely on importance)
            -Strong magnetic generators( For magnetic anti rad fields, Microparticle shields bullet deflection, and cloacking ships) ( This magnetic field thingy can also protect against radiation ,so it  might be useful if we're going to nuke the planet.
     - DNA Sequencing, coding/ decoding installations complete with cloning pods. There seem to be a lot of genetic engineering suggestion. This will make that possible.
     -Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
     -Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam. Also work on Laser point defense systems
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 06, 2012, 11:24:34 am »

However the rest of the ecosystem that does not live in the water is totally destroyed if we bomb the planet.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 06, 2012, 11:33:36 am »

However the rest of the ecosystem that does not live in the water is totally destroyed if we bomb the planet.

This is a ocean planet.
Dry land doesn't exist.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:35 am »

The birds..........

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:51 am »

The birds. Plus anything else we have not discovered. Plus anything like whales that need to come to the surface to breath.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 06, 2012, 12:17:11 pm »

As said before, it's a last resort. Surely killing of a small part of the ecosystem is better then turning they entire planet into green goo.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 117