No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 357015 times)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2012, 08:15:50 pm »

I don't want to have to bring Toady into this. I don't think I am the only one who wants you to leave the thread. Please stop typing in all caps and acting like a jerk or kindly leave. If you want to spout unintelligent crap please go to /b/ to do so. I don't want that in the forum or in any of it's threads not designated for doing so. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I tried the RP way, now I am giving you a warning.

Quit. Now.

Calm down. Ignoring is effective.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »

I don't want to have to bring Toady into this. I don't think I am the only one who wants you to leave the thread. Please stop typing in all caps and acting like a jerk or kindly leave. If you want to spout unintelligent crap please go to /b/ to do so. I don't want that in the forum or in any of it's threads not designated for doing so. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I tried the RP way, now I am giving you a warning.

Quit. Now.

I don't appreciate people being difficult for no reason in places where it causes problems. And I'm not angry. Tone is difficult to decipher via text. Assertive behavior is not anger.

Don't worry. 'M still a nice guy.  :)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

Quit. Now.

I don't appreciate people being difficult for no reason in places where it causes problems. And I'm not angry. Tone is difficult to decipher via text. Assertive behavior is not anger.

Don't worry. 'M still a nice guy.  :)

I know  ;D

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »

What he is saying is that we should kill the leaders and take over the human colony. We can govern them more efectivly then they can govern themselves
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2012, 08:34:58 pm »

What he is saying is that we should kill the leaders and take over the human colony. We can govern them more efectivly then they can govern themselves

I disagree with this but if you want to suggest it that's fine just please don't type it in all caps or call people names and be all around obnoxious. That's what I'm getting at.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:46 pm »

excatly

I disagree with this but if you want to suggest it that's fine just please don't type it in all caps or call people names and be all around obnoxious. That's what I'm getting at.
Sir, your the one overracting. Chill the fuck out and stop being such a whiner. I know your pretty new but the last thing anyone wants is Toady coming down here. I was doing a thing we call RPing, I think you should try it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »

Causing an argument isn't RP. Do whatever you like, however. Maybe I am in the wrong. It just felt like the majority didn't like how you were acting. Once again it is difficult to gauge text. And I have been rattling around in this thread for monthes, whether that makes me new or old doesn't really matter does it? My vote should be just as important. Personally I don't care about it but calling someone a whiner seems fairly childish. Maybe I am newer to the forum but it seems like you have a lot of things to learn if you intend on speaking to people that way. And as far as trying to RP I am actually GMing a heavy RP game called The Rabbit Hole. Would you like to tell me how bad a job I am doing at that? I am open to criticism. And as far as the Toady comment, he seems like an intelligent guy I think he will figure out whats going on and not just kill the thread. I don't know why you are insulting me but go right ahead if it makes you feel better.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »

OOC: So this is a game about starting a new colony of humans by terraforming a world. Per the first post, "You are a Sentient AI, charged with protecting and nurturing a small colony of humans."

I understand that some would like to play a game where you are an evil robot destroying the galaxy, seizing control, or abandoning the main mission. I tried to RP it for a while to try to gently nudge it away from that direction, but this seems to be getting a little off topic/out of hand. As many/most of the posters would like to follow those goals, I would like the game to continue in that direction.

So, from now on, please don't post suggestions related to killing/maiming/destroying/undermining humans. Such suggestions will be ignored by the AI/GM/me, as they go against the idea of the game.

As I envision it, this game is more constructive than destructive. If that sounds fun, please continue to contribute.

On that note, I don't really feel like going through three pages of back and forth about killing humans and trying to parse out the actual suggestions. I'll consider those pages the thread's growing pains, and we'll just move forward from here. If you had any constructive suggestions in those pages, I'm sorry, but could you please repost them?

P.S. If someone wants to start an evil robot taking over the universe game, that would be good fun. Just not for this thread  :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:44:29 pm by Maldevious »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:59 pm »

*Sigh*

I don't think I'll be posting in this thread any more

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2012, 10:29:41 pm »

Shit, didn't mean for it to be  that big and I can't edit it, shit sorry.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »

OOC: So this is a game about starting a new colony of humans by terraforming a world. Per the first post, "You are a Sentient AI, charged with protecting and nurturing a small colony of humans."

I understand that some would like to play a game where you are an evil robot destroying the galaxy, seizing control, or abandoning the main mission. I tried to RP it for a while to try to gently nudge it away from that direction, but this seems to be getting a little off topic/out of hand. As many/most of the posters would like to follow those goals, I would like the game to continue in that direction.

So, from now on, please only post suggestions not related to killing/maiming/destroying/undermining humans. Such suggestions will be ignored by the AI/GM/me, as they go against the idea of the game.

As I envision it, this game is more constructive than destructive. If that sounds fun, please continue to contribute.

On that note, I don't really feel like going through three pages of back and forth about killing humans and trying to parse out the actual suggestions. I'll consider those pages the thread's growing pains, and we'll just move forward from here. If you had any constructive suggestions in those pages, I'm sorry, but could you please repost them?

P.S. If someone wants to start an evil robot taking over the universe game, that would be good fun. Just not for this thread  :)

Could you repost your last official update to put a signpost so everything is valid after that point, and for simplicity's sake?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:46:12 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »

Note: Post slightly edited to reflect clarified game goals

Much squabbling takes place in the subroutines, but a consensus is reached: the humans will not be killed. The captain is given an explanation of the bird vivisection, which he seems to be content with. "I just ask that you consult our scientists before you perform any... extraterrestrial surgeries, computer."

The outpost slowly grows, taking on another 50 humans. The air is getting much better, and could most likely support some basic lichens at this point, if a proper soil were put down. The outpost also sees its first marriage among the previously single colonists. A huge celebration is held, and the humans seem... happy.

Amidst this happiness, the first ice comet strikes, and, it is nearly a disaster. Another comet, previously unidentified, streaks out of space from the vicinity of the moons, and alters the comet's course toward the settlement. Close enough that, were it not for the mass drivers shooting it down, it would have certainly destroyed the outpost. Only the captain and general are made aware, and they choose not to share their info with the rest of the mission.

The second comet, however, was already on its way, and thankfully is not diverted at all. It strikes down on target and creates a lake roughly 2 miles in diameter and several hundred feet deep. The impacts continue throughout the month, creating a lake several miles wide. The terraformer is pleased by these events.

The captain is extremely enthusiastic about the giant orbital lens, which is constructed this month. It awaits orders to begin thawing the ice that exists on the planet.

The avians seem to be deteriorating rapidly in a contained environment, and it is inferred that they are nomadic creatures that do not do well in confinement (and without water, no less). The ship lacks the capacity to create an in-hull terrarium for them, though, and they fail to take any tools, becoming lethargic after their month away from home. The scientist seems to think that tagging them and releasing them back under surveillance would be the best way forward, possibly giving them some tools to experiment with.

The virus continues to eat away at the algae infection, brining it down to 4%. No life forms are found on planet B, and the defensive fleet continues to grow. Not much new progress is made on the radio waves, although the scientist is convinced it is certainly terrestrial in origin. Based on the encryption found on it, the society most likely exists in the early space age.

Time lapsed in system: 10 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2012, 11:33:52 pm »

I think the consensus was tag, release with tools the avians. At least in that regard, as for the rest I don't know.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:42 am »

I think the consensus was tag, release with tools the avians. At least in that regard, as for the rest I don't know.
This is the idea. This, plus continue terraforming (authorization to use the lens and enlarge outpost. especially the greenhouses.)

>use vegetal waste to fertilize soil
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2012, 04:32:54 am »

I think we should take some plankton from Aquarius and move it to that new lake on Aries. Most will die, but maybe, some will adapt
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 117