No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360361 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1065 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:31 am »

Research thingy 0.01

-Fusion
-Human cloning
-Laser mindmanipulation (Using a laser you can trigger individual nerve cells in the brain, with might allow you to heal certain diseases,manipulate memory with pinpoint precision and even remotely control humans thoughts)
-Laser lightningmanipulation
-Laser rocketlaunches( Using a laser pointing at a parabolic mirror attached to a rocket to make launching easier)
-Carbonnanofibers
-Antivirustechnology( I don't like the fact that there are armed robots in that facility. Their programms might even harm us.

These are just random thoughts about what I remember from the thread.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:53 pm »

Research thingy 0.01

-Fusion
-Human cloning
-Laser mindmanipulation
-Antivirustechnology

We should have these.
I know we have ability for human cloning because we made the suckerfish. And we have samples of the original colonists DNA.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 11, 2012, 01:32:01 pm »

Research thingy 0.01

-Fusion
-Human cloning
-Laser mindmanipulation
-Antivirustechnology

We should have these.
I know we have ability for human cloning because we made the suckerfish. And we have samples of the original colonists DNA.
Then again, I just want to make sure we have these, as they are pretty important.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

I really doubt we need to make an antivirus to protect ourselves from programs in that facility... they likely had no knowledge of us at all so wouldn't know what OS we were using, one virus won't work for all systems.  Same problem on our side we can't make an antivirus to protect ourselves from something we don't know wtf is, we need to get a good solid look at their systems first. 

Laser mindmanipulation sounds interesting, usually the body can heal itself of most diseases it just needs a little pushing in the right direction (it's been thought that it could cure itself of cancer if the body could attack it properly).

Nuclear fusion is a good idea, we do have the nuclear/geothermal power as possibilities and all but we could still use a more efficient drive system for ships and a sustainable powerplant for in the future.  Fusion is much safer, more reliable and far more efficient than fission.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 11, 2012, 01:58:32 pm »

I really doubt we need to make an antivirus to protect ourselves from programs in that facility... they likely had no knowledge of us at all so wouldn't know what OS we were using, one virus won't work for all systems.  Same problem on our side we can't make an antivirus to protect ourselves from something we don't know wtf is, we need to get a good solid look at their systems first. 

Laser mindmanipulation sounds interesting, usually the body can heal itself of most diseases it just needs a little pushing in the right direction (it's been thought that it could cure itself of cancer if the body could attack it properly).
Then again, the alien biosystem here was suprisingly good for us. It's not strange to think that the ship and the terraformed planet might share a common point of origin.

Since cancer is in fact the combination of the failure of the safety systems that repair DNA, trigger selfdestruction when something goes wrong and prevent uncontrolled reproduction that is quite right.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2012, 05:03:18 pm »

Fusion and Laser Manipulation FTW!
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 11, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »

Back home, but very tired after a long trip. Will most likely post tomorrow, so get any remaining suggestions in. Glad to be back and welcome to the new subroutines.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 12, 2012, 02:13:29 pm »

>Get some police bots armed with the old lethal weapons (were those lazers or just normal ballistic weapons?) and assault that terraforming station.  Get that big guy out of the way so we can find out what is going on here.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:35 pm »

>Get some police bots armed with the old lethal weapons (were those lazers or just normal ballistic weapons?) and assault that terraforming station.  Get that big guy out of the way so we can find out what is going on here.
Use the electric ammo too.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 12, 2012, 02:58:41 pm »

Small squad trick it outside, Hellsa big squad to tear it apart once it comes out. I am talking overkilling an overkill.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 12, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »

Small squad trick it outside, Hellsa big squad to tear it apart once it comes out. I am talking overkilling an overkill.
Keep the humans away from it though. They only get themselves killed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 12, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

I don't think they are on the planet anymore.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 12, 2012, 03:11:44 pm »

No there were some left I think, I think we only sent some on the expedition, not the entire colony.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 12, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »

I know, but it seems like they have a habit to get themselves into situations were they can get shot at,burned, eaten by giant fish, scezered, aphyxiate, die of disease, brain freaked out....

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »

For the next few tense days, all attention is focused on the terraforming station on Gaia, and it's monstrous inhabitant. Attempts to locate some sort of wireless way to access the robot prove futile, as it seems to be entirely self-contained and lacking any external connections. As such, it is quickly agreed that a much more substantial force of combat drones will be sent, armed with electrochemical ammunition. As the bulk of the force stays within weapons range, a small squad is detached to attempt to lure the robot out of its shell...

What follows is nearly imperceptible to humans. The squad breaches the doors, and the robot is in among them like a fox in a chicken coop, scything its multi-bladed limbs indiscriminately through the ranks of the small detachment. They are eviscerated before they have a chance to open fire. The speed at which this robot moves is unreal. However, the larger force manages to unleash a withering volley at the bladed robot. Incredibly, the machine survives the brutal assault, any damage it takes seeming to be repaired by a flowing, viscous metal that comes from its inner structure. Within mere hundredths of a second, the machine ducks back inside of its shelter, the door slamming shut behind it. The entire encounter took less than two seconds.

After much consternation, another attempt is made on the facility, but the door will not budge this time. The combat drones retain a perimeter, but the general is doubtful that it could hold off the deadly robot if it wanted to escape. "Thankfully, it seems to just want to sit in there and leave us alone. Maybe we can revisit this issue when our firepower is a bit deadlier."

Half the system away, the first diplomatic team arrives at the predetermined location for the meeting of the Moonies. Curiously, however, the Moonies fail to show up. After a week of waiting, the team receives a message via the signals from the moons. "We have [overstated or overestimated] our ability to travel to the location we agreed upon. [Join or come] to this [moon or home] and we shall meet." The team puts their shuttle back into motion, and it will arrive in a few weeks.

The cloning facility is up and running smoothly, and begins to produce its first crop. Within the next few months, nearly 300 genetically unique humans will emerge from the facility, and the rate will surely grow as the colony does. This will help increase the diversity of the population and make survival a more certain thing.

Some progress is made on the Maven program. Using some of the advances from the colony's work on genetics, some qualities of the electric eel are introduced into the Mavens via a small organ, removing the need for external power for the electronics that will be implanted into the super soldiers.

With these advances, a new class of recruits is brought in, bringing the total number of Mavens up to 10. These new Mavens avoid the hellish brain-killer that was the early program, and are adjusting quite well.

On Aquarius, a small breakthrough occurs. When presented with a fish, one of the more clever Avians makes the signal for "Give." He then signs "Thank you" when the fish is given to him. It is a small step, but a significant one. They clearly can learn the sign language, and are intelligent, as suspected.

After a frantic few weeks, the nanite probe is finally located. Thankfully, it is now traveling outside the elliptical of the system, and appears not to have made contact with any asteroids or other objects. A sigh of relief is breathed, as the probe will now harmlessly drift out into space. If it creates a problem, it certainly won't be in this solar system.

A mining operation on Planet E is set up, as well as a series of nuclear and geothermal generators on Planet B. These contribute to the safety net of the colony, and some small commercial operations, outside of the government control, have begun to spring up. Trade and commerce are are beginning to show up, and these ventures will certainly encourage them further.

Time lapsed in system: 2 years, 8 months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mavens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Moonies (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 117