No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360366 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1050 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »

I have another research topic to add for consideration.  When we eventually get around to implanting more advanced things in Humans we may eventually hit a need to have a power source for them; that might be kind of difficult given the delicate nature of implant surgery and the need to recover from such.  You could use batteries, I suppose, on some part of their body that can power the whole network, but there's an easier and far, far more efficient method -- if we can make it work.

I propose we search the ships animal databank for DNA traces of the Electrophorus electricus -- Electric Eel for you humies.

Source: Wikipedia
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_eel

TL;DR
> We should be able to create artificial cells that not only replicate the electrical behavior of electric eels but in fact improve upon them.  Artificial versions of the eel's electricity-generating cells could be used as a power source for cybernetic/medical implants and other devices.

(Of course, with us in the age of nanotechnology and massive miniaturzation of components, we've probably cracked this problem already.  If so, disregard.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:35:05 am by Xvareon »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:45 pm »

I thought about small turbines inplated in the heart, with a generator replacing the Sternum...

But yours is fine too.

kyl249

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 06, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »

Sounds good, and say hello to the second new subroutine today

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 06, 2012, 03:27:52 pm »

Woooh, our family is growing!  :P

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2012, 03:38:56 pm »

As long as you are active and give reasonable suggestions, you are welcomed in my book.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kyl249

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 06, 2012, 03:47:57 pm »

As long as you are active and give reasonable suggestions, you are welcomed in my book.
Well don't worry, you can count on me

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 07, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »

You know it just occurred to me, now that we have a well-established colony and a parliament building and everything, we should probably adopt a design for the colonial flag.  It'd be a strong symbol of pride the people could rally behind and would represent us in dealings with alien races.  Thoughts?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:39 pm »

You know it just occurred to me, now that we have a well-established colony and a parliament building and everything, we should probably adopt a design for the colonial flag.  It'd be a strong symbol of pride the people could rally behind and would represent us in dealings with alien races.  Thoughts?
I will sleep on it. see if I dream about any ideas.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 09, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »

I'm back after some time. Can someone be so nice to give me a summary of the last 10 pages, please?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:25 pm »

Page
61 - Mostly people talking about possibilities for the Maven program
62 -
63 - Discussion about how to deal with the asteroid, the Maven program for the future and other things.
64 - More discussion about the asteroid.
65 - Mostly talk about cloning facilities, the dangerous facilities on Gaia and nanites.
66 - Nanites and explosives as possible methods for the asteroid.
67 - More asteroid discussion.
68 - We find out what we rolled for the Maven program initial test.  Decide best way to deal with asteroid is nanites, ship then nuke (in that order).
69 -
70 - Discussion about how to deal with the robot inside the facility; EMP is quickly ruled out as we want this thing and the facility its in 100% intact if possible.  We want to study the tech to figure out how everything works.  Nuclear/Geothermal power plants are proposed for Planet B due to the high radioactive material content.  Aerotransmission should help get everything along.
71 - We are here.  You know the rest.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:41:39 pm by Xvareon »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 10, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »

you have earned your rank subroutine.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »

you have earned your rank subroutine.
Yeah that was impressive.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »

Lol..  :P thanks alot, guys.  I'm really not that good, though... I do take the time to be as professional as possible when explaining something or dealing with a complex situation or making a write-up or w/e, but I completely suck at physics, math, mechanics, basically anything you would need to know to call yourself a spacer.  Reading this does help me understand alot of that, though, which is one reason I joined up.  Hope I can be a good asset to you all.  Seriously, though; I would never come up with half the ideas you guys do -_- ... my space knowledge is severely constrained 'cause it's mostly drawn from games -- and pretty much none of them had any of the badass ideas I'm seeing here.

Seriously, which game lets you infect an alien planet with algae, clone giant asexual bees, mass-produce mutant man-eating grasshoppers (oh, its coming, believe me), all in the same game?  It gets interesting when you aren't restrained by programming code and people just put out whatever their imagination can think of.  And it actually friggin works. xD
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:34:41 am by Xvareon »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2012, 07:52:52 am »

but I completely suck at physics, math, mechanics, basically anything you would need to know to call yourself a spacer.

So do I. I just use basic science and math to come up with the conclusions I do.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2012, 11:34:03 am »

Yeah... same here.  It's worked so far, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  Not like I'm being called upon to design the next Saturn Five rocket or anything.  :P

Anyways, I think this would be a good time to draw up another research board, to have everything out on the table and take votes on it or w/e.  That way we can be prepared for consensus when Mal gets back.  I'm gonna leave that part to you guys since you've done a great job on it so far.

EDIT: Oh, incidentally, I'm leaving for Tennessee tomorrow (Apr 12), gonna be on vacation for four days.  So I won't be around for a little while though I might be able to hook up to some Wifi over there or something.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 117