Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This village has a full blown infestation.  (Read 4175 times)

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This village has a full blown infestation.
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:04 am »

This village has so far given me over 20 werecreatures to hunt down. It is surrounded by lairs that are populated by peasants. They don't seem to have many kills each so I doubt they are very powerful. What day is considered the full moon?
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: This village has a full blown infestation.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:00:46 am »

) for waning on Travel screen
( for waxing
0 for full (not to be confused with sun behind clouds)

shift+w to observe the weather

This village has so far given me over 20 werecreatures to hunt down. It is surrounded by lairs that are populated by peasants. They don't seem to have many kills each so I doubt they are very powerful. What day is considered the full moon?
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:21:11 am »

Ah I see. It must be near the 14th of the month then because I'm in waning. Now I have to wait for like 13 days. I might need more food.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:25:19 am »

Um, why are you waiting for a full moon to kill werewolves?  Just go to their lair and kill them when they are humans?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:11 am »

Um, why are you waiting for a full moon to kill werewolves?  Just go to their lair and kill them when they are humans?

Maybe he wants more harder fight or become werecreature?

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:53:21 am »

They can't infect me when they are human. I doubt these things are dangerous because there are so many of them. They attack, infect, and then give up hundreds of times in the legends. They eat a lot of livestock though. They are werekanagaroos. And that is rad.

EDIT: One of the werewolves has come up with an unbeatable defense. Lag. I can't even get to the lair. There are random pieces of leather everywhere. Each step takes a full minute to process.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:08:11 am by ikkonoishi »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:57 am »

Look at the leather. If it's from random cavern creatures you might have an issue with the caverns down below or something.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 11:34:31 am »

They can't infect me when they are human. I doubt these things are dangerous because there are so many of them. They attack, infect, and then give up hundreds of times in the legends. They eat a lot of livestock though. They are werekanagaroos. And that is rad.

EDIT: One of the werewolves has come up with an unbeatable defense. Lag. I can't even get to the lair. There are random pieces of leather everywhere. Each step takes a full minute to process.

Ah.  You never said you wanted to become one, so I thought you just wanted to hunt them down.  They are super good training early on when they are not werewolves since they are weak peasants that are naked and unarmed, especially the children. 

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:47 am »

I doubt these things are dangerous because there are so many of them.

There are so many of them because (according to one bugreport) infections become exponential during worldgen. In fact, this may be the entire reason world gen now takes so long (again according to the bug report):

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3963

See xaldin's post.

So they may still be really awesome and pwn you. Good luck!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »

Ah.  You never said you wanted to become one, so I thought you just wanted to hunt them down.  They are super good training early on when they are not werewolves since they are weak peasants that are naked and unarmed, especially the children.

Ah, Dwarf Fortress.  The only game where 'think of the children' refers to brutal slaughter.  Of course, they are were-kangaroos, so it's kinda acceptable.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 11:41:24 am »

It depends ...
I have a similar situation with a town surrounded by lairs.
Most of the creatures are harmless werelizards ...
but one is a full blown were elephant  :o
(with numerous scars ... obviously there were other heroes trying to kill it :D )

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:25 pm »

I want to be a were desert scorpion or something like that! The trick would be to get bitten, but not stung. Or in case of a GCS werebeast, to be infected but not poisoned.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 04:44:22 pm »

How do were-curses transfer exactly?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »

How do were-curses transfer exactly?

Vi bite. Not scrached, not stung, but bite. Also, you have to live afterwords, so best find a way to survive being bit by a werehyena and live to tell the tale.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:28 pm »

Yeah, as a bowman I was scared when I went on my first werething mission (my first mission on that character) because it was said only bismuth bronze things can cut deeply and of course I didn't have bismuth bronze arrows. Some random naked human comes out. Shot through the heart
Pages: [1] 2