Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unquenchable thirst... Insatiable appetite!  (Read 4311 times)

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Unquenchable thirst... Insatiable appetite!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 12:14:58 pm »

Fast travel or wait one hour in sleeping screen. Then continue eating/drinking.

Can vampire die if he doesn't get blood?

PoodleIncident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »

Ya'know, this might be more of an interpretation issue than an actual bug. Imagine if it said malnourished instead of hungry, and dehydrated instead of thirsty. It totally makes sense that going X days without eating or drinking would damage/debuff you past the ability of filling your stomach to cure instantly.

I think the quickest fix would be not letting you eat if you are thirsty but not hungry, and vice versa. Also, food should help a little with thirst, based on its water content.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:58 pm »

Proteus, it doesn't need to be half a day, and the amount of slots is 3. Just fast travelling one tile will allow you to eat and drink once again for 3 slots.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:39 pm »

Yep, you´re right, it is much faster than the half day I initially assumed.

Sad thing is, when you´re really thirsty, but the water in your waterskin due to low outside temperatures has turned to ice
(aölthough, at the moment, the ice turn back to water again during the course of the day ...
I wonder if there are regions where ice (in your waterskin) stays ice all the day long and you´re therefore in real danger of dying of thirst despite full waterskins 

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

Got ice in your waterskin? Heat it over a campfire! Just pop up the 'g' menu, build yourself a nice little blaze, and using the 'I' menu (that's a shift+i, folks), choose to interact with your ice. You'll get the option to heat it over the campfire, and presto! No more dehydration. For that matter, if you're in a snowy area and your waterskin is empty, you can fill it with snow and then heat that over the campfire to get water, too.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 02:31:22 pm »

Shift+i...
cool, that explains it.
I remembered that a campfire could help,
but always when I made one it would do nothing, so I assumed I just remembered falsely...
unfortunately I never tried to use shift+i at the campfire.

Great, no more thirst with full waterskins :)
didn´t even think that you could put snow in your waterskin (although I once tried to eat snow ... didn´t quench my thirst, however) ... good to know as well
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:37:12 pm by Proteus »

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 11:16:10 pm »

I learned something. If you drop water on the floor, you can (e)at the water on the floor, then (I)nteract with your waterskin to pick it back up.
Which means that if you have at least 1 unit of water in your inventory, you can drink for an unlimited amount of times and pick it back up.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 01:22:48 am »

From what I learned so far, you can only eat/drink 3 times per sitting. So if you drink water 3 times while in the end you're still hungry, you would be too full from the water you drank.
My post ends here.
Pages: 1 [2]