Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All economic stone / layer prospector / magma safety indicator  (Read 1365 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
All economic stone / layer prospector / magma safety indicator
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:33:14 pm »

Currently, any stone not used in a reaction is not listed on the Stone screen, which is annoying when you want something made out of a particular stone. Since the reaction name is listed in the Stone screen, this allows me to add other text, so I added magma safety notes. The game enables layer stones and keeps all other stones disabled, which means that a. you can see what layers you have on embark, and b. you'll only be able to use layer stone unless you specifically allow other stone types.

Workshop text -- just copy this at the bottom of raw/objects/building_custom.txt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reaction text -- create a file in raw/objects called reaction_economic.txt and paste the following text into it. Uses the smelting skill for old times' sake. :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then regen. No changes to the entity file are needed, since the workshop is a dummy whose only purpose is to hold the reactions.

As far as I can see, all the stone types are there. Metal won't go on the list as it did in .31, and glass isn't in the raws. According to the wiki all three types are fully magma-safe.

Edit after below post: Cheers, I didn't realise I hadn't deleted the non-magma-safe entry. Done now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:21:40 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All economic stone / layer prospector / magma safety indicator
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:13:26 pm »

I notice that you have obsidian on both your magma-safe and non-magma-safe reactions. It should only be in the former AFAIK.

Otherwise, this is definitely a good idea. It greatly irritates me that Toady made stones without any economic use impossible to toggle on the z-stones list. I had just assumed that that wasn't a bug, since it's something that was much-requested in the 40d era. Fixes similar to yours were commonplace back then, too, albeit not as detailed as yours (partially since there weren't many magma-safe stones to memorize).
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!