Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Wargame European Escelation  (Read 29587 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Wargame European Escelation
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2012, 06:20:30 pm »

Finally beat the Campaign. My computer was having issues spawning all the units I wanted to spawn (Random 15 cost infantry in every forest! :P), so I had to cut down and buy big guns.

On another note, during one of those buggy spawns, I screen captured this gem:

I'm disappointed in the AI, though. I was told it would be a challenge. The Hard Skirmish AI is laughable. Though I did see it do an ambush, which surprised me quite a bit, and it would have been effective, if not for my near by Buratino which shelled the forest it was in.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »

Gotta say, downloaded this, played the first mission, and actually had some fun. Going to try some more missions soon.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

On another note, during one of those buggy spawns, I screen captured this gem:

Damn you, the only bugs I get are the PC crashing ones.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:12:24 pm by darkrider2 »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Speznaz Siberia wgah'nagl fhtagn

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:34 pm »

The only reason I'm making a deck like that is for screenshots of insanely oversized tankarmies.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »

One of the only times I've seen the Pact deploy without T-80Us.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2012, 04:51:00 am »

I actually rarely deploy T-80Us. They're just so damn expensive. I prefer the basic T-80.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2012, 06:36:43 am »

T-80B here, just for the missile. Usually just two with a lot of other cheaper tanks (usually the KPz T-72G).

Also I finally found a way to record videos of gameplay with audio commentary (Turns out most recorders don't work well with 3D rendering like DirectX).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:42:43 am by darkrider2 »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2012, 08:28:17 am »

I've always considered the ATGMs as something that has to be micro'd excessively to keep them from eating up all your supplies. Thus I avoid tanks with ATGMs.

T-64s with a few T-80s in the mix for me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2012, 09:27:40 am »

IMHO, ATGMs are the only reason PACT tanks even stand a chance against NATO supremacy.

Which is kinda funny come to think of it, since I remember thinking PACT tanks were better. But since all the super efficient and powerful NATO war machines are still just as strong as ever, it's really not a contest.

PACT infantry are still better though. Kind of. Well... it's not so much the infantry as it is the APCs that ferry them. No easier way to deal with a horde of expensive tanks than with infantry. I believe I demonstrated this fact to everyone on this topic lol...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2012, 03:28:16 pm »

I recommend vetting your ATGM units (but if its a helicopter with accuracy above 7-8 don't worry about it), things like the Uaz Konkurs ATGM Jeep with full vet are 40pts I think. Unvetted ATGM units almost always miss (except helicopters - the campaign displays this enough).

Interestingly, you can buy Dragon II infantry in the M2 bradley which gets its own ATGM, so vetting vets both of em, and you get about twice the power plus the bushmaster autocannan which is amazing.

If I read the wargame forums correctly, then sometime in the past of this game ATGMs were nerfed, I imagine if they had been anything like the AA missiles are now then they were just devestating.

Stinger/IGLA, best AA in the game for its cost.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:30:03 pm by darkrider2 »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:27 pm »

My PACT deck has heli/IGLA and my NATO deck has heli/Stinger. If I want budget LAAD, I'll just call in Blowpipes+Spartans (10 points for an AA unit) or... I can't remember what I have for pact, just that they cost 10 points, plus 5 for the APC.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2012, 12:48:37 am »

I've played a but with the onelive demo, couldn't get my head around menus. Would not buy.

Maybe with the manual is better?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:27 am »

So I finally got my video commentary up and running. Have a look see

Also apparently artillery can take out helicopters that are flying.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2012, 01:36:40 pm »

Also apparently artillery can take out helicopters that are flying.

I've learned that the hard way. But it makes sense, as the choppers are flying at such low altitudes.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12