Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Wargame European Escelation  (Read 29590 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Wargame European Escelation
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:17 pm »

I like how people complain at me and umi for rushing in this game. Its like they expect us to use inferior tactics or something so they can win?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:16 pm »

I don't even consider what we do to be rushing.

Rushing is when instead of building your economy, you pour everything into units and charge the enemy straight up. There's no buildings here. There's no economy. What else are we supposed to use these units for?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2012, 02:25:37 am »

What else are we supposed to use these units for?

Military parades? Clearly you should hold an inspirational speech to your virtual toy soldiers before charging forth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2012, 04:06:51 am »

You always have the choice to invest in more uazs, hold the line and win by higher income.

I also love playing 1v2(3/4) in this game, with me being the one. It actually is a challenge and quite fun.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2012, 11:27:55 pm »

http://www.wargamereplays.org/index.php?page=replay&id=389 This was a fun game to play. Infantry in 95km/h vehicles > tanks any day.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2012, 01:43:18 am »

http://www.wargamereplays.org/index.php?page=replay&id=389 This was a fun game to play. Infantry in 95km/h vehicles > tanks any day.
How would infantry in 105km/h vehicles work out?

TPz FUCHS goes that fast. Costs as much as a VAB.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2012, 12:18:10 pm »

Yeah, I was playing pact, so I was using the Skot. Their HMG is useful for chasing down choppers

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »

Just got it today. I have no idea how to get more supplies in the first mission.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:19 pm »

Free DLC will have 7 new multiplayer maps, including the above-mentionned 3.

2 of them will be "game mode" maps. We call them "Siege".
Same victory conditions as now, but the initial placing is uneven:
- One team starts in the middle of the map, controling high value command zone but no reinforcement zones.
- The opponent team deploys on the map's edges, more like it is already the case with the current. It controls low value points command zone but can call in reinforcements.

Therefore, the besieged team has to force its way through the besiegers' line to take control of a reinforcement zone, or be denied any opportunity to use its vast amount of command points. Besiegers have to spread (therefore usually being weaker on a given spot) to keep the besieged away from reinforcement points, and hold their line against (usually) superior forces long enough for their allies to come to the rescue.
It is worth mentionning that, on both side, coordinated teamplay is highly required! ;)

Both maps will be playable with both faction as besieged/besiegers.

Below is a preview of one of those siege map, with NATO as besieged team:

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2012, 01:05:20 am »

Looks nice  :D

And in regards to the first mission and supplies. At one point you are given the chance to call in reinforcements. One should call in supply trucks at that point, along with additional tanks. On the other side of the bridge (a secondary objective tells you to clear that area) is a PACT base, FOB included. That thing has 10,000 units of supplies, which should be enough to finish the mission.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2012, 06:25:38 pm »

I just watched some lets  plays of this after seeing it on steam and I am really itching to get my hands on this game. It looks absolutely amazing.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »

Its a lot of fun. I haven't got to the multiplayer aspect, but the 4th campaign is really challenging me.

I'm reaching the point where I can start performing multiple attacks at once, encircling maneuvers along with flanking maneuvers.

I prefer to use PACT for its cheap tanks. While the tanks can't punch enemy armor from the front, a force circling from the side can easily punch the side armor.

Generally, there's enough units that you can form a unit composition that fits your preferred style of play.

I recommend it 100%, just for the campaign alone.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:10 pm »

Yeah supcoms been getting old and I've been looking for a new RTS, this fits the bill perfectly. Just wish I had the bucks to lay down.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

So by a lucky set of events I ended up being able to purchase this game (birthday money + discounted price one weekend = thanks grandma :D).

And I must say... It is freaking awesome.

Even the solo campaign is great, I'm used to strategy games having a pointless campaign with a storyline that can be completely ignored, and the bad guys being evil for evils sake. But this game has a campaign that's engaging and fun, and it doesn't say one side is good or evil.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PACT gets the tung and BUKs, but NATO gets the rolands and flakpanz. So I think its pretty even.

But I think the best AA in the game is the Stinger and IGLA infantry, decent range and great accuracy for a lot less than mechanized AA, and helicopters completely ignore em if tanks are around (usually).

Also I see this alot, the greatest mistake you can ever make with a helicopter is flying it directly overtop a forest. HE 2-3 infantry will just demolish them, and some tanks get machine guns.

edit: I'm thinking about doing a lets play or maybe commenting some replays. Would anyone like to see this? I'd need to find some free screen recorder software to do it though.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:57:44 pm by darkrider2 »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »

I tried the singleplayer campaign for a while, but the UI was somewhat clunky (moreso than RUSE), and the game itself felt almost the same as RUSE. Am I missing something here? I'm not saying it's not good, but I don't get why RUSE was largely overlooked whereas this is receiving crazy admiration.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12