Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V2 - 5 year Challenge  (Read 52400 times)

Darnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V 1.7.2 - 5 year Challenge
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2012, 11:48:12 am »

Great job on the mod, lots of sweet additions and great changes, I especially like the extra FPS awesome font and simpler materials..

One weird thing that happend to me though is... one of the children at age 1 was a vampire... or so I believe.. he later went on to get locked out of the fortress during a siege go into a martial stance become an elite wrestler kill 14 automatrons barehanded and go insane right afterwards... he's been hanging around my fortress for quite a while now.. nothing seems to want to mess with him not even the undead.. he just sits there all day !.. !.....  !...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:25:12 pm by Darnis »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am having a blast in my RL though, currently on the mexican coastline and having done no coding in the past week. Hope you can understand. All the balancing issues and proposed changes are noted down and will be done when I continue modding :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2012, 12:38:28 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am having a blast in my RL though, currently on the mexican coastline and having done no coding in the past week. Hope you can understand. All the balancing issues and proposed changes are noted down and will be done when I continue modding :)

Understand?  Hell, I have no idea why you're even firing up the computer!  :)  Enjoy, and have a blast! 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:32 pm »

Oh, doing something productive once in a while is good as well. And that note:

• Ironhand tileset !
  • Evil Races - Evil Doppelgangers of Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Drow to fight
  • Alchemy. Find the philosophers stone, brew the elixir of life and create matter from nothing.
  • 14 armored pets. Now in Iron or Steel, with healing interaction.
  • 21 Golems. Sword, Hammer, Spear, with 7 different materials.
  • 8 Plagues that ravage your fortress. Battle them with medical wards.
  • 6 new religious reactions. Pray for silk, water or gems, and perform ceremonies for fortresswide stat boosts.
  • Cult of the Carp God, lovecraftian-style hidden enemy.
  • Better Brick Oven for Megaprojects, makes all possible colors now.
  • Thatchery, make furniture from plant wicker.
  • Automatons redone from scratch. New everything.
  • Undead Invaders replaced with Illithid Spellcaster Race
  • Includes the 10 best-rated stories from dfstories.com.
  • Includes LegendsViewer and PerfectWorld Utilities.
  • GUI allows Concubines, Bodyguards, Diseases and more to be toggled.
  • Many, many rebalances and bugfixes.

Special Thanks
To cc and his thatchery idea. Also thanks at deon for his brilliant illithids, although I did butcher the raws for them a bit.

Notes
This Version is untested. I thought about doing a long testrun, but I think I go back this time to the old way of releasing it and having hundrets of testers who can give me feedback and point me in the right direction, while I work on the next features. I hope this is ok for you. I am mostly interested on the balancing, how Illithids and Golems, and the Alchemy system will work out. Same goes for diseases and the Cult of the Carp God. Have fun. :) Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Known Issues:
 - Manual not yet updated.
 - Illithids drop brains that are not used for anything... yet.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2012, 08:12:29 am »

Meph, you're the best, thanks for the update!!!

:)
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

micha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2012, 04:50:59 am »

quick feedback for 1.7.1 ..  3rd war elephant siege just arrived and like the last 2 times they drop all their grasped items right after i unpause the siege announcement.  make 70k on the last set of tallow and ground meat stews, plus my recruits enjoy the hunt, but still.. for loitering and dumping at the edge of the map they've been ordered to get their tags fixed :)  that's why i'm here.  was this fixed in 1.72... and what tags to do i backport where?  thanks!

p.s. how do i build a guildhall?
p.p.s compressing clay into slade, mechanisms from earthenware and the trap enhancements are lovely exploits, but perhaps the siege triggers ought to be tuned a tad cause a mastwork fort can be worth 50..100x a normal fort with so little effort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:02 pm »

The elephants were missing a grasp bodypart, this is fixed.

Guildhall has been removed, because of Dwarf Therapist problems and issues with other transformations, like mages and golems.

My testfortresses stay below 100.000 worth usually for 1-1.5 years, so no. If you want fancy and expensive stuff, be ready that the bad people want a piece of the pie ;)

micha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2012, 07:04:12 am »

The elephants were missing a grasp bodypart, this is fixed.

Guildhall has been removed, because of Dwarf Therapist problems and issues with other transformations, like mages and golems.

My testfortresses stay below 100.000 worth usually for 1-1.5 years, so no. If you want fancy and expensive stuff, be ready that the bad people want a piece of the pie ;)

thank you!    and yes, i've been enjoying the bad people coming to try my death machines.  plus stuff built from slade, earthenware and earthenware brick calms my soul, so its all good.

one tiny thing that noone else has would let me tweak the siege triggers, another would let me make everyone speak english so that i don't get so friggn lost in legends mode. maybe you have the time to flow that in one day.

as for the 5 year challenge, no problem. because i can make materials easier now i don't need to dig useless spaces.  it doesn't even feel cheaty since buying out caravans is easy with food already; not that i really buy anything. after the 3rd or 4th time anyways.  if you could too fix the price of food so that it would use 2..3 times the resources it does now, df might start to feel balanced!

thanks for all the great work!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2012, 01:00:11 am »

one tiny thing that noone else has would let me tweak the siege triggers, another would let me make everyone speak english so that i don't get so friggn lost in legends mode. maybe you have the time to flow that in one day.

This can be done, but would result in quite a few buttons... OR one for all, early sieges on, late sieges on, something like that. The english thing is presumably very easy as well, but yes, you are the first to ask for it ;)

I can raise the price of food, but that also counts for the food produced by the fortress itself. This means you will have to pay 100 instead of 10 for the raw food from caravans, but your masterwork prepared meals are suddenly worth 10 times more as well. I noticed the same problem, since the wagons come again the amount of food and booze you get sets you up for the end of days...

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2012, 01:10:13 am »

Any chance that masterwork can buff siege engines? I goddamn love ballistas but hate how they suck a barrel of dicks.
Also, genning world for the challenge now. All settings on.
Also, I'm going to completely follow every caste. Legendary weaponsmith immigrant, who is a bow savant? Start pumping out some crossbows!
EDIT: Thousand year pocket age, Age of Drows. Lets hope for friendsies ok?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:23:34 am by Twangykid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2012, 08:02:28 pm »

I cant mod the siege engines, BUT you can make slade boulders for the catapult and even better, you can use the rockforge to make a slade ballista bolt. Believe me, they hit hard.

I am working on updating to 34.08, but I have to wait for dfhack to update before I can offer any download.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2012, 02:53:17 pm »

- Win, Mac and Linux Support
 - Updated to 34.08
 - Spiked and bladed minecarts
 - NO dfhack
 - Two new super-metals: Volcanic and Bifrost
 - Create volcanic items in the great magma forge
 - Work bifrost bars from dead frost giants
 - Gemworkshop splitted into Gemcutter and Gemforge
 - New grass, Evil and Good region design. Hope you like it.

Spoiler: Full Changelog (click to show/hide)

Special Thanks
Zenerbufen for his fast linux and mac updates. And the idea of the html-based manual. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V 1.9.2 - 5 year Challenge
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2012, 12:00:52 pm »

- Updated to 34.10
 - Full dfhack this time
 - New Therapist feature, Role Tab. Replaces Dwarven Guidance Counselor.
 - Bifrost making rebalanced.
 - Blast Furnace steel making rebalanced
 - Minor bugfixes.

Spoiler: Full Changelog (click to show/hide)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2012, 12:40:34 pm »

what? is the challenge now to get to 5 years before you change the version?  ;D

OK, this time for real!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:36 pm »

Not my fault that Today updates every 3 days... ^^
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16