Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V2 - 5 year Challenge  (Read 52848 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 10 year Challenge
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »

WTF ? What happened ?

Btw, I finished the pets, fixed some minor bugs, and updated the GUI and Manual. You can now turn corpses for sentient beings ON/OFF, have a harder learning option, and you can toogle: Golem Forge, Guildhall and Creature Armory.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 08:47:15 pm »

I don't know what happened, Just that a Kobold Thief Showed up, I sent my Militia at it, and something blue up.
I actually think it was a mine of some sort.
Also, are mines and Turrets supposed to be pets that move?

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 04:29:44 am »

I don't know if it is intentional, but the elven caravan have just bursted into flames. They brought a magmahound, and the horse carrying it have been bleeding since they entered the map.
Fake edit: a goblin bowsquad ambushed the elves. :D
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 05:55:41 am »

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED good sir.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 07:14:42 am »

I expected the game to make it hard for me to reach the 10-year-mark. Guess i was wrong.... It appears to be just mocking me in my 2nd year

Edit: And as asoon as i made my dwarves retreat inside and sent out my military the game decides to crash -.-

Edit2: What the hell is wrong with my world? O.o
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:52:56 am by CheatingChicken »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 07:31:21 am »

Ok - looks like I managed to reach the year no.5 or 6 and the game keeps crashing. Here are the links to my settings and saves. This is the second time my fort cant be used due to the CCRRAAASSSH ;p

https://rapidshare.com/files/3228573233/DF_settings.rar
https://rapidshare.com/files/1858997849/region5-spr-71-sum-7-sum-74.rar

As usual - my raws are edited so those damn dwarf children grow in 15 years instead of 5.

Cheers, I hope you find the reason why it crashes Meph.

Also - does other people have similar crashing issues?

EDIT: I have instaleld a DFHack, run cleanowned, clean, changed weather to snow and... it does not crash when it was supposed to. The moment it should crash or soon after - goblin ambush appeared.

Also - bug no.1 i have found - dwarves actually claim items, still - but only exotic greaves! I believe exotic greaves shall be fixed as there's something wrong in their raws.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:39:27 am by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:10 am »

Currently not been able to generate a world. It keeps crashing within 50 years of history. sometimes as soon as history starts. I used all of the preset maps in advanced world gen and the simple setup. Standard settings for the game. Will try some custom world gens and see if it improves. Main things I have on are frogmen, minotaurs, raptormen and serpentmen. maybe its one of those interacting with werecreatures? Pure speculation but it always seems to crash during world gen history making.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:05:44 am by Lexx »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:15 am »

Lexx - do you use random history seed? Or some specific one? Consider randomising the world parameters a bit, may help.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:42 am »

I've used both. Thanks for trying though. Will keep trying to figure out why it keeps doing this. Standard vanilla version generates history fine. Tried turning off all the extra races and still the same effect.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

I never had, and I never got a report, about a crashing worldgen. I am not sure if I can do anything about it.

@unclecern: I downloaded it, will start it up just now.
@cheating chicken: Damn, you two guys are unlucky ^^

Hey, here is a list of finished changes for 1.3 I am unsure how much else I should do, I of course have a unlimited supply in my big to do list, but have a look:
################################
####   PATCH 1.3   #############
################################

FEATURES

RUNIC WEAPON UPGRADES
Raised chance for epic weapon while upgrading from 2% to 5%
Added between 4 and 8 new attacks to each weapon
Added 2 special attacks to runic weapons
All upgraded weapons are now called: "runic" "material" "weapon name"
Added the ability to make runes to the weaponry
All weapon upgrades require a rune to work.
Made 10 more weapons:
Runic upgrades for the five 2-handed weapons
Epic upgrades for the five 2-handed weapons
All weapons need a specific number of runes, a great axe needs more then a dagger for example.
Tested everything so far, in Arena and fortress mode, works. Might need balancing though.
Runes are made of either silver or gold thread. This adds a refining step and the need for precious metals as well. Metal thread can be made in the craftsdwarf.

RUSTY IRON
Added rusty iron, a worse version of iron.
Made a reaction to remove rust from rusty iron, giving normal iron
Removed miner/furnace operator from orcs/goblins and gave them a reaction to produce rusty iron. Lets see if it worked.

MORE GOLEMS
Added 6 new golem casts to the golem forge. Copper, Gold, Steel, Mithril, Titanium and Adamantine
Raised the needed materials for a golem cast to 10 bars of the fitting metal.
A NOTE: You will only ever need one cast for each material. (till I figure out how to do this without boiling stones)

KOBOLD LOOT
Added a custom itemcorpse to kobolds: bag of loot.
This bag can be opened in the creature research lab, and contains a wild mix of metal bars.

GUILDHALL
Dwarves can join a guild (caste) now.
Smiths, Crafters, Legion or Highborns.
They get higher skill learn rates.
You need to buy a letter of recommendation/permit for this first.
You will only need one letter for each guild (till I figure out how to do this without boiling stones)

SPEEDY DRINKS
All royal drinks give a 25% speedboost for half a season now.

CREATURE ARMORY
Added Creature Armory, that can pets with armor.
Added pet armor cast, needs 10 steel bars.
You can euip: Dogs, Mastiffs, Horses, Raptors, Grizzlies and Elephants with steel armor.
They also get a slight fighting bonus, harder claws/teeth out of this.
You will only ever need one armor cast (till I figure out how to do this without boiling stones)

TREE OVERHAUL:
All bark removing from wood now creates a seed (normal wood:90%, rest 100% + 20/10% chance for additional seed)
A generic "tree", fundiwood, nethercap, steeloak and ironbark are now farmable. You can grow them in farmplots.
Seeds can be bought at embark for those, or from cut down trees, in the timberyard. (now nethercap, too deep)
Trees need a long time to grow though, especially ironbark and steeloak.
Trees/Fungi/Nether: 2 Seasons, Ironbark 3 Seasons, Steeloak 4 Seasons.
Use fertilizer.
The grown trees need to be cut in the timberyard, yielding logs (100% chance) and seeds (80% chance)
You can now grow your own wood, funiwood for food/booze, nethercap for fireproof hides, ironbark for iron grade metal and steeloak for steelgrade metal.
I decided to only do this one generic tree for normal wood, because I did not want to clog up the farm-plot selection with a list of ALL possible trees. They all yield the same generic wood anyway.
The seeds are called:
tree seed, fungiwood spawn, nether-cap spore, ironbark corn and steeloak acorn.

FIXES/BALANCING
Fixed the unintentional removal of the Armory/Magma Armory
Fixed stockpiling for horn, hoof, ivory, bone and leather items. All standard generic items have the "common" adjetive now, as in: Common bone earring.
Fixed rocktip rocktip and gemtip gemtip arrows. Are now called: blunt rocktip arrows and sharp gemtip arrows.
Golems shouldnt flee anymore
Fixed stockpiling of gem weapons and armor.
Fixed bullet making. Bullets are used and stockpiled correctly as well.
Fixed leather upgrades (got horribly broken when I changed the leather system, from inorganic to animalmats, for stockpiling)
Added dragonfire breath back to all creatures that should have it (got accidently replaces by normal firebreath while updating for 34.1)
Added the new nobles tags (special burial, skill choice for hammerer)
Made landmines easier to kill
Made all new creatures ubiquitious and raised the population number, to avoid extinction
Lowered the population number of webbing creatures, maybe this leads to less webs in caverns.
Cleaned up the embark screen, only ONE item remains, frozen muck root oil under powder
Cleaned up stone stocks screen, ALL items are good. :)
Buffed up humans a bit, to help them survive world gen.
Fixed the spellings (adj and verbs) for the new material emissions
Made hauler caste a bit slower.
Made castes (especially savants/natural skilled ones) a LOT rarer.
Fixed the error log that showed up when Fossils are OFF
Fixed the error log that showed up when Simple Pets is OFF
Fixed the Harder Smithing to suit the new DF.exe. Now works properly again.

GUI Changes
Removed Golem Tradegood button.
Note: All two handed weapons need 5 bars, no matter that settings. This is intentional.
Added a low grazing amount (2x2 pasture for each animal) to each domestic animal for the: Harder Farming Button
Added button for Golemforge
Added button for Creature Armory
Added button for Guildhall
All three features are rather experimental and noted as such in the manual
Added button for optional corpse removal
Added button for harder learning, 50% skill learn rates for all dwarves.

Updated manual.

You guys think thats ok ? Or should I do more before the next release ? Just checked, DFhack with stonesense and Therapist are up-to-date, so I will include them as well. The Therapist would have no caste-patch yet though.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:25 am »

Before the release - please fix those damn exotic greaves littering the forts ;p (they are claimable by the dorfs so they clutter up like normal clothes in vanila).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:54 am »

Do you know more or less which race brought what ? I will go to the entity files then and get rid of them then.

So far I've only seen it in the Fortress defense races. We've had magmahounds with naga, and had plaguebearers with tigermen.  But that's not exhaustive testing (we usually only turn on one or two Fortress defense races per game).  They don't seem to have the same war animals every world, but within a world they bring similar animals every time. 

Warnipple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:55 am »

Hey made this account to post here.

I'm 7 years in and now my dwarves refuse to brew drinks even though I have the materials available. Is there a reason for this?

I was able to brew specific drinks fine but now only "Brew Drink" and "Extract from Plants" are able to use and even Brew Drink doesn't work. The only thing I can think that caused this problem is my trading with Elven and Dwarf caravans. I usually trade their brewing mats and after trading my brew drink broke.

Is there a fix for this? :(

In the kitchen tab I have brew on for all brewable materials but cook off.

edit: nevermind I'm retarded. ran out of rock pots even after I made 60

= = = = = = = = =

Problem 2:

I had a dwarf kill himself by climbing on a wall and starving. wtf? His corpse is right above my sculpture garden and its making all my dwarves sad.

http://gyazo.com/dc834432a53aae5c022d40f8311b73d2

http://i.imgur.com/7qS9M.png
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:11:32 pm by Warnipple »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 12:49:58 pm »

@unclecern: Yep, exotic greaves are fixed.
@warnipple: Dwarves can dodge even up/down z-lvls. This is vanilla DF feature.

@All: I made an update to 1.3 Everyone can still play the old version to the end if he want of course.

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD <<<

Short list of new features:
Fixed stockpiling
Fixed 90% of all bugs reported (only minor ones remain)
More golems, Guilds, armored Pets
Invader Corpses, Damp/Hot Stone Pause/Harder Learning (all optional)
Kobold loot
Runic weapons
Tougher humans
Farmable trees

Detailed list of new features:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 01:01:57 pm »

Holly crap, that was fast sir :] I guess the challange is over and it helped to eliminate some buggz. Let's see what 1.3 has to offer.

I like the ->>>"Guilds/Invader Corpses, Damp/Hot Stone Pause/Harder Learning (all optional)<<<-

Farmable trees are crap (game too easy) in my opinion but as long as I can NOT use that or turn that off I'm happy :]

It's 1.3 glaciertime!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16