Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Were-fortress project  (Read 6485 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Were-fortress project
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:58 am »

So while it is now a common and relatively easy thing to get a whole fortress infected with vampirism... I want a werecreature fortress.

From what I get, werebeasts are normal intelligents that change into large, feral animals once per month when the moon is right. What I have to do is trapping a werebeast and get my entire fortress get bitten.

Can I use any other way than slowly infecting my fortress, risking death for any dwarf in infection ? (the RAW's don't look like I can) Can the werecreature infect dwarves by biting even if not transformed ? Does anyone has an idea ?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Were-fortress project
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:26:20 am »

PTWFA. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:49:13 am »

PTWFA.

what ?

Also, seems I have only one surviving werecreature in this world. Seems to be an human male were-iguana. And he has quite a bit of kills in his list... gotta be careful.

EDIT : only ten intelligent kills, the animal kill list is more than ten times larger. But he has killed crocodiles, giant tigers, giant mosquitoes, and quite a large bit of varied fauna. I should be careful.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:54:05 am by Naryar »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:49:40 am »

Posting to wait for answers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 11:03:08 am »

Well I was wrong.Seemingly how much lairs are inhabited by single humans/dwarves/elves... there's quite a lot of werewolves in that world.

Edit: Holy shit ! At least a thousand ! Or are these both vampires and werewolves ??
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:16:21 am by Naryar »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 11:33:00 am »

My advice: keep those migrants comin'.
Really, I don't think there's any real way to infect dwarves besides having a were-creature rampaging through your fortress... And how would you get a were-animal in dwarf form to bite fellow dwarves, anyway? If drinking werewolf blood causes infection, it might be possible to create a "blood altar" or something in the same manner as the Fountain of Eternal Life - that would be your best bet, if possible. I've only seen one werewolf infection before, though, and that fort died...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 11:50:34 am »

Wrestling practice between military dwarves ? Maybe they would bite sometimes.

And honestly I don't want too much migrants, if then i'll never be able to infect them all. Or it would take much more time.

My point would be, if only bites carry the werewold curse : catch werebeast in cage trap, put it in a cell, feed it, pummel it enough so it can't move much and kill my dwarves (possibly breaking spine and members), and drop dwarves on it. Let it bite the dwarf, then let the dwarf flee ASAP.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:31:42 pm »

Problem is werewolves regenerate upon transformTion; there's one instance of a zombie arm transforming into a werecamel and turning back into a whole zombie.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »

Problem is werewolves regenerate upon transformTion; there's one instance of a zombie arm transforming into a werecamel and turning back into a whole zombie.
that is no problem.

that is dwarven cloning.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:43:42 pm »

Vampire WereRaven Urist McUrisUrist is a Legendary Wrestler and Dodger.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:34 pm »

Ah. Well. Maybe I can armor my dwarves and make them duel with weres, and stop the duel when the dwarf gets infected.

Also I don't get zombies in my biome. Excepted if I catch a necromancer.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:33 pm »

Ah. Well. Maybe I can armor my dwarves and make them duel with weres, and stop the duel when the dwarf gets infected.

Also I don't get zombies in my biome. Excepted if I catch a necromancer.
next time on "To catch a necromancer" with chris hanson...
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 01:04:34 pm »

Finally got rid of that everburning dwarf zombie peasant. Now I just have to protect my fortress a bit more, and then I will wait for weres.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 02:07:19 pm »

Replicating zombies? THAT'S INSANE! Do I have to have a living dorf exposed or does it work with zombies getting bitten?

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:25 pm »

1. Infect legendary soldier with were-monitorlizardism in an evil biome
2. Station him on top of a 10x steel disk trap until full moon
3. Legendary were-monitor lizard soldier chunks everywhere; hope one of them survives
4. The pieces that don't are animated
5. The surviving were-monitor lizard piece transforms back into a whole legendary soldier, while the others transform into legendary zombie soldiers
6. Repeat until you have a zombie dwarf clone army
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.
Pages: [1] 2 3