Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Identifying vampire blood  (Read 4074 times)

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Identifying vampire blood
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:41:15 am »

I'm currently hated by a civilisation after I recruited bandits in their dungeon.
I have a mission to hunt a vampire in a town, but I do not know whether they will be going by that name.
Nobody will talk to me, and instead try to murder me mercilessly.
I'm asking if, when I fight someone, their blood will be "Urist McBloodsucker's vampire blood", or still human?
If there any way to identify a vampire by combat alone, or will I need to drink everyone's blood?

Also, unrelatedly, I am told that "Urist McNightcreature the dwarf" is a night beast. I go there, he is a naked dwarf, all alone in his little empty lair. Am I right in assuming that he is a werewolf?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying vampire blood
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:43:47 am »

He might not necessarily be a werewolf, but will probably be a were-beast of some description.

I did find a guy who was a were-fox. Doesn't sound quite as intimidating really...

Edit: As for the vampire, I've personally never come across them before, but word around the fora is that they will generally be kitted out in the hair, bone or skin craft type things of their victims.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:45:22 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:11 am »

sounds like your kinda screwed, look for a flashy guy and if he is wearing alot of human/dwarf/elf hair/bone/nail jewelry then thats the vampire, besides that you dont have a way of finding them.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Plazek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:27 am »

I saw this vamp I was meant to kill have over 900 kills, he was obviously some kind of badass. I went to the keep to investigate and there he was with his law giver vampire friend who helped me kill him to keep up his "I am a human story".

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:08:22 am »

I saw this vamp I was meant to kill have over 900 kills, he was obviously some kind of badass. I went to the keep to investigate and there he was with his law giver vampire friend who helped me kill him to keep up his "I am a human story".
heh nice, i'v yet to have that problem and when i find a vampire i just cut them in half, sadly thats how i kill most stuff :(
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:44 pm »

Well, I met a nice "lady consort", with elf bone and eld nail decorations, hacked her hand off and collected 90 blood in my backpack. Do I just drink it whenever I can and eventually I will be one of the undead?

I assume vampires need blood, but what about necrovampires?

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:41 pm »

not sure about that, i've seen a guy wearing just a human bone ring and he apparently only had one kill, a goblin and refused to tell me he was a vampire, not sure if he really was as he only had a ring that could have been looted from that goblin.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:54:40 pm »

Vampires will all have hundreds of sentient bone, hair, and skin decorative items, and will usually have quite a few kills.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 02:25:01 pm »

On cleansing round about the 10th house in the hamlet, I have my sword stuck in someone's face as Urist McGemsetter runs out yelling "I AM URIST MCVAMPIRE (Well, the name of the guy I was hunting), PREPARE TO DIE". Hh was in the next house I was going to cleanse.

Turns out that they can't resist yelling their name, even when disguised.

Time to bag that juice and get biting myself.

EDIT:
My opening move:

I was skeptical of the amount of decorations they had at first, but I'm beginning to believe now.
It went on for 4 pages.

EDIT2:
And the right arm went on for 6 pages...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:31:49 pm by Barnox »

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 02:33:58 pm »

Banrax, if you're a vampire, do all people just attack you without reason, or can you fit in pretty easily?

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 03:09:15 pm »

I was skeptical of the amount of decorations they had at first, but I'm beginning to believe now.
It went on for 4 pages.

EDIT2:
And that was just each arm! Try seeing it all at once via decapitation!

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 03:44:12 pm »

It went on for 4 pages.

EDIT2:
And that was just each arm! Try seeing it all at once via decapitation!

And try killing a vampire ancient enough to have masterwork gear. I checked the 'a'nnouncements screen afterward, and he had a solid 2,000 trophies on one arm.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:17:02 pm »

Okay, I have a big bag full of human blood, from the vampire. Will it still vampirise me?

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 06:07:35 pm »

It should.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:59 am »

It did.
Non, they don't know until you feed on someone.

But for some reason I took a massive speed hit (1600 to 1200)...

EDIT:
I'm not entirely sure that you no longer gains stats as a vampire necromancer.
I was wresting a Gloom Man, and choking him forever, as it doesn't need air and I apparently don't need to rest, and my speed was increasing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:51:01 am by Barnox »
Pages: [1] 2