Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, novice swimmer drowns??  (Read 1159 times)

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So, novice swimmer drowns??
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:16:48 am »

I am a novice swimmer, but when i jump into the water, it says that i am drowning, WTF?

Plazek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, novice swimmer drowns??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:18:33 am »

Make sure you move into the underwater.

If you move into the air above the water you fall into the water and can get stunned.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:53 am »

novice tends to flounder around in the water sometimes, your best off starting with ad+ swimming.
that or becoming a vampire before you hop into any water.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:42:40 am »

Make sure you move into the underwater.

If you move into the air above the water you fall into the water and can get stunned.
This :D

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 11:36:39 am »

My novice swimmer was able to swim small lazy streams in town without drowning, but coming to a 4-tile flowing river, got into trouble.
After splashing around near the bank to train and find my limits (tested to see how long I could flounder before getting out with a "winded" status), I tried a crossing.  Almost didn't make it, and seemed to spend most of my floundering time in the middle... Once I got to the bank it was fairly quick to get out.

I suspect the rule is:
Stagnant water needs novice.
Flowing water needs adequate.

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 11:41:15 am »

I am a novice swimmer, but when i jump into the water, it says that i am drowning, WTF?

I don't see where people keep having swimming problems, all i ever do is simple. "Hold D, walk across water safely."

And I only ever put novice in swimming.