Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Necromancer and mage towers questions.  (Read 3214 times)

Rapozk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom Necromancer and mage towers questions.
« on: February 20, 2012, 06:34:24 am »

So, now that we all have magic in the form of necromancers, how do we mod other forms of magic in there?

What I would like to do is add a similar tower, but mages should be training fire magic instead, and by reading books you should learn spells such as fire breath and throw a fire ball. And you should be able to learn one book per spell etc.

So, I have been searching around a little but can't really find out how to do it. Anyone got some good ideas or knows where to start?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Necromancer and mage towers questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:39:08 am »

You might have a look at these files- I modded in pyromancers myself and they work well. Currently they have the following spells:

-Dragonfire (Well, Dragonfire.)
-Fireball (A single fireball)
-Firejet (A stream of fire)
-Avatar of Fire (A transformation into a fire man like being.)

The a.i will only use the first three spells, though. And it`s impossible to make one book teach you one spell, you have to learn all at the same time.

If you want to add them you have to add the following entries into your raw/ojects folder:

The main pyromancer:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The avatar of fire creature:

And this belongs in the raw/objecz/text directory.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:47 am »

What happens if you take away the immortality part of a secret? Anything interesting to the towers in history?

And if you have pyromancers, one way or the other, who lives in their tower? Zombies? Is it hardcoded?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:28 am »

Without immortality, people die of old age.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 09:01:04 am »

If you mean the part which reads:  [IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY] then i suppose it wouldn`t work.
If you mean that you don`t add tags like "no_age" etc. to the pyromancer he will eventually die of old age, but since teaching is enabled he should have a handful of apprentices to carry on his business.

I also removed the "[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL]" stuff from the interaction and so far it seems to work fine. In theory it should allow one to learn both necromancy and pyromancy and should even allow Goblins and elves to learn it, at least as an adventurer, but i doubt that they will search for it during worldgen since the goal of acquiring a secret has to be immortality and they already are.

Couldn`t test their tower behavior in adventure mod yet, heck i haven`t even found a necromancer tower yet. If everything works as it should their towers should be populated only by pyromancers.. But there could be zombies as well- Only tests will tell.

Rapozk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 09:26:37 am »

So, will this replace the Necromancers with Pyrocmancers? Or will both still be available?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:07:23 am »

Without immortality, people die of old age.

Really?  I never would have guessed!  :P

Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 10:18:26 am »

So, will this replace the Necromancers with Pyrocmancers? Or will both still be available?

Both will be available. Remember that i haven`t tested them really, yet, only in arena and history mode and that they were made for the 0.1 version.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »

And I've also found that secrets that don't include animation don't build towers and never get apprentices because there's no tower for them to settle in.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 05:46:23 pm »

Which could explain why you don't see many of these secrets in worldgen.

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »

Hey, can I use the pyromancer in my mod?

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 03:06:40 pm »

And I've also found that secrets that don't include animation don't build towers and never get apprentices because there's no tower for them to settle in.

so, there is no way to force goblins to build necro towers instead of dark fortresses...  without making every goblin a necro.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:59:11 pm »

Since necromancer's towers are hardcoded to contain zombies, it would be bad for any resident that was not opposed to life.  If you could get a wizard to show up in a tower, as they are now, he would just get ripped apart by the resident undead the moment an adventurer walked onto the scene. 

I think I'm going to make varieties of necromancers. Secrets of death and fire, secrets of death and darkness, secrets of death and disease, etc.