Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gloria Patri: Hitler would be proud.  (Read 4332 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gloria Patri: Hitler would be proud.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:26 am »

We need our armies as large as we can support them. We are not businessmen, not now anyway. Excess money in that direction could be better spent on our armed forces with which to conquer more. Ours is the way of the sword. Should we succeed, we shall become a true sovereignty on par with the great courts of Europe.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00:50 am »

Oh, I forgot to mention.  One thing we really need is coastal provinces; our fleet can only support 1 ship before prohibitive expenses are incurred in building more.  Krakow is useful in giving us land and money (18d annual tax + 1.8d annual income, 1600 manpower) but its location is a liability; right next to the Emperor.  We might want to consider releasing it as a vassal state (the state of Krakow) and just taking half its annual income (9d, no direct cash).  Otherwise, if we ever get into a HRE war (and we will) the Emperor can just hit  a province of ours straight off the bat.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:15 am »

Vassalise.  No need to piss off the emperor.

Spend the moneyz on army and navy!  Can somebody please explain troop quality and quantity, what Iituem has right now, and the pros and cons of that? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 07:37:38 am »

I am thinking vassalage too. Its seems a bit far of and having your forces spread like that might be a problem. Spend money on the military, there should plenty of options to get some large cities nearby with the Ottoman Jihad and the crusade, no need to waste money on a fake CB.

Posting to follow.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 10:43:26 pm »

Loving this! I always had troubles with this game, so seeing someone do an LP is fantastic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]