Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mods that do not change difficulty  (Read 908 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mods that do not change difficulty
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:01:24 pm »

Are there any major mods that do -not- change the difficulty by adding insane things? Almost all of them these days just do some absurd things with difficulty (even the ones that claim to really just want to enhance vanilla df/add optional features) - in ways that I just don't enjoy. I -like- sitting on piles of goblin corpses; and I have a high enough FUN rate that I don't really want it to become even harder. I enjoy new buildings, enemies, things to build and ways of killing - I just don't want to see it get harder. I think farming/the economy/the invader difficulty is fine.

Anyone have mod reccomendations?

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: Mods that do not change difficulty
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »

my drow mod maybe, they are kinda balanced on dwarfs, because i like to play them myself without overpowering anything. they are actually a bit harder to play because they get into rage much more quickly if not happy, but as enemies should just add another layer of invaders or traders (like goblins or humans) with very different weapons.

if they are like goblins or very angry pointy eared and skinny but big dwarfs depends if you keep the baby snatcher tag in the entity (you can also disable the civ controle able tag so you dont end up playing as them).

also adds a few new subterranean plants and animals, dwarfs will use too, without changing anything on the balance (i hope)

its basicly also just a minor mod, but if you serisouly feel this changes something to much, please notify me ^^
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."