Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not getting caught for drinking blood  (Read 4590 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Not getting caught for drinking blood
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:25:24 pm »

I've managed to find and kill a couple vampires now, and invariably proceeded to drink their blood. In one fight, I actually ended up with a blood covering on my tongue. Being a vampire is pretty cool. They're quite a bit more difficult to kill than mere mortal adventurers, I've noticed. Anyway, I seem to invariably get caught for sneaking into people's houses at night and draining them, even when I don't kill the victim. And then the entire civilisation is mad at me. One good strategy seems to be killing people in the sewers and drinking their blood, but I'd like to know more about the mechanics of bloodsucking. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Also, it seems that every time I feed, and sometimes quite randomly, I turn red, become identifed as a "dwarf vampire" instead of "swordsdwarf", and get a little 'Ñ' marker to the lower left of the screen. What's up with that? My best guess is that it means that my fangs have grown to vampire proportions and my chin is covered in someone else's blood and it is blatantly obvious to everyone with a brain that I'm a vampire. Or maybe it means that I'm sparkling.

Also, the quest I got for killing the vampire leader of a human civilisation was probably the longest completely handwritten piece of flavor text I've seen in the game. :D

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not getting caught for drinking blood
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

Well, based on the one vampire adventurer I've had, I kept myself fed from two sources, and was never accused of vampirism.

First, just find a house that has nobody awake in it, and suck the blood of someone in there. No witnesses, yay! It might help if you sneak as well, I dunno.

Second, knock something unconscious via wrestling, and then suck their blood. You can even do it on things like dingoes, which is handy - it doesn't have to be sentient. Of course, I eventually got into an issue where my 100+ undead followers kept killing my prey before I could drink its blood, but that's a separate issue :P.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »

So it's POSSIBLE, at least, to drink blood from civilians and not get caught. I probably need to be more thorough in checking for witnesses, and sneaking couldn't hurt, either.

Also of note, you can drink blood from the ground after you've killed something. You can even store it in a waterskin for later. For the busy vampire on the go. :P

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:23:45 pm »

So it's POSSIBLE, at least, to drink blood from civilians and not get caught. I probably need to be more thorough in checking for witnesses, and sneaking couldn't hurt, either.

Also of note, you can drink blood from the ground after you've killed something. You can even store it in a waterskin for later. For the busy vampire on the go. :P
i dont think that cures you of your thirst.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »

i got caught every time i drank from citizens, but my vampire adventurer is so powerful that i'm not even drinking anymore.. saving it up for some epic battle where i completely drain an entire army.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:43 pm »

i dont think that cures you of your thirst.

This is true.  You have to drink from a living, unconscious creature.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:51:45 am »

Really? Well, that's somewhat unintuitive. I'm going to have to experiment on this some more. As soon as my fortress crumbles and I get back to adventure mode.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:20 am »

Sneak-strangling creates instant uncouncious creatures on request.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 09:42:32 am »

i feed on civilians once in a wile and NEVER get cought, any other time i feed on dingos or bandits that ambush me.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 09:58:05 am »

i can also testify that sneaking does not prevent you from getting caught, provided there is a civilian there who is awake and has line of sight.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 10:00:12 am »

i can also testify that sneaking does not prevent you from getting caught, provided there is a civilian there who is awake and has line of sight.

when i do it i get a house that has everyone in it sleepin and try my hardest to get one that has closed doors as well.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:58 pm »

check if everyone sleeps with k. can't talk to anyone, then everyone is asleep
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.