Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The most painfully brutal death of a character in adventure mode  (Read 4257 times)

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The most painfully brutal death of a character in adventure mode
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:12:00 pm »

By god, my characters death went on for so long, I made popcorn while I tried crawling away, but with every crawl I "gave into the pain" and fell asleep, which caused this warlord to keep shouting about how many people he killed every time i woke up, and everytime i work he "bashed" and "sliced" me ALL over my body.

The picture below of me FINALLY dying, the warlord even got help from a bowman.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This picture below shows the areas where i have been BRUTALLY bashed and sliced. The only thing stopping my death is a simple bronze cap? Wtf, i'm going to be wearing those things forever if they can stop that much punishment.

This one below show's how much i've been beaten up.

There was one more but my PC has this annoying "Power" button right next to the Print screen button. Oh, well..

If you have seen a more brutal end. Send link, brah!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most painfully brutal death of a character in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »

I once killed a necromancer (or mummy, i cant really remember) by slicing off both his arms, both of his legs and his lower body. I had no idea how he didint die so the cruel part of me started to come out.He then, to my suprise, kept bringing his body parts back to life, so i sliced them into pieces and beat his body with one of his legs and one of his hands, as well as slicing off most of his facial features, so he would stay alive, but be in as much pain as possible, and i kept killing all of his body parts over and over as he resurected them.

^
 l    Win.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:26:06 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:24:11 pm »

I once killed a necromancer by slicing off both his arms and legs. Then, after that, he brought them back to like, so i sliced them into pieces and beat his body with one of his legs and one of his arms, as well as slicing off most of his facial features, so he would stay alive, but be in as much pain as possible.

Win.

I want to believe it.. but I doubt that fact that you sliced all his limps clean off before you killed him.

iMuzzaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »

They cut out your tongue...? Or maybe, bit it off?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »

First time I tried adventuring in the new version I was tasked to kill somebody in the sewers. I found a hole in the ground at the approx. location. and decided to jump down.

83 floors later...
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:31:38 pm »

I like how he spent so much time hammering on your hat that he eventually passed out from overexertion.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »

I once killed a necromancer by slicing off both his arms and legs. Then, after that, he brought them back to like, so i sliced them into pieces and beat his body with one of his legs and one of his arms, as well as slicing off most of his facial features, so he would stay alive, but be in as much pain as possible.

Win.

I want to believe it.. but I doubt that fact that you sliced all his limps clean off before you killed him.

Actually, that isn't difficult, even with non-undead. I make it a regular practice to take off as many parts as possible; in the current version, the farthest I've gotten was both arms, both legs, the nose, one of the eyes, and both ears taken off before the target died. In an older version, when my adventurer fell into a cave with no exit and had to make a 12-day trek to another exit through the caverns, I took on one of those 4-legged swimming things and removed everything but its head and upper/lower body before it died. As long as you've got a decent skill and are using a sword, halberd, or axe, you'll usually get clean cuts, assuming the target is medium or small sized.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »

I like how he spent so much time hammering on your hat that he eventually passed out from overexertion.

"Man, beating this guy's head into mush is hard work.  I'm gonna take a break here for a minute to catch my breath."
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 10:19:49 pm »

"Man, beating this guy's head into mush is hard work.  I'm gonna take a break here for a minute to catch my breath."

SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH
*Eughbleugh*
5 minutes later
SMASH SMASH SMASH...

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 11:18:36 am »

Win.

Actually, that isn't difficult, even with non-undead. I make it a regular practice to take off as many parts as possible; in the current version, the farthest I've gotten was both arms, both legs, the nose, one of the eyes, and both ears taken off before the target died. In an older version, when my adventurer fell into a cave with no exit and had to make a 12-day trek to another exit through the caverns, I took on one of those 4-legged swimming things and removed everything but its head and upper/lower body before it died. As long as you've got a decent skill and are using a sword, halberd, or axe, you'll usually get clean cuts, assuming the target is medium or small sized.

Lol, thanks for all the reply's they are hilarious!

Also, thanks for correcting me. Flying Dice.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 11:34:14 am »

So, lemme get this straight. You're crawling on the ground with a broken everything, while a archer is taking potshots at you and a hammer lord is walking next to you ringing your helm like a bell? I think toady implemented bandits with a cruel sense of humor.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 11:39:40 am »

So, lemme get this straight. You're crawling on the ground with a broken everything, while a archer is taking potshots at you and a hammer lord is walking next to you ringing your helm like a bell? I think toady implemented bandits with a cruel sense of humor.

Yeah, toady most have snuck that one in!

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:27 pm »

At one point when I first started playing Adv mode on the new release I made a Hammerdwarf. At one point I was attacked my a pack of wolves.One of them came at me and I swung my Silver Warhammer against his head. Immediately the surrounding area was decorated in a hail of shattered teeth. Poor wolf didn't have a tooth left in his head.
I believe on the previous version I had another hammerdwarf who had his leg lopped off and was missing an eye, gave him a crutch and got his crutchwalking skill up to master. I believe I eventually met my fate after being surrounded by boogeymen.Tore off my right arm and gored me to death.
EDIT:Has anyone else noticed how nerfed pikes are?I mean seriously, if I get ambushed by a group of bandits and one of them are carrying a pike I am either going to bleed to death or I am going to be horribly maimed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:38:50 pm by captain proof »

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »

At one point when I first started playing Adv mode on the new release I made a Hammerdwarf. At one point I was attacked my a pack of wolves.One of them came at me and I swung my Silver Warhammer against his head. Immediately the surrounding area was decorated in a hail of shattered teeth. Poor wolf didn't have a tooth left in his head.
I believe on the previous version I had another hammerdwarf who had his leg lopped off and was missing an eye, gave him a crutch and got his crutchwalking skill up to master. I believe I eventually met my fate after being surrounded by boogeymen.Tore off my right arm and gored me to death.
EDIT:Has anyone else noticed how nerfed pikes are?I mean seriously, if I get ambushed by a group of bandits and one of them are carrying a pike I am either going to bleed to death or I am going to be horribly maimed.

You do know Nerfed = Lowering the stats of an item/skill's ability.
But anyway, cool story, bro.

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »

You do know Nerfed = Lowering the stats of an item/skill's ability.
But anyway, cool story, bro.

Oops, let me rephrase that. Pikes are insanely buffed.
Pages: [1] 2