Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War  (Read 26844 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Xardalas Map (click to show/hide)
Enjoy this (And another map in a little while) whilst I work on the turn.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to take a spot on the Waitlist.

Edit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:05:29 pm by Spartan »
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to take a spot on the Waitlist.
Added you to the waitlist

Spoiler: Dwarmin's Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:25:47 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 3- TheSwarm, & Fluffy Wags
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »

Turn 3 - TheSwarm, Broken Droids, and Fluffy Wags

Captain Nrelshy, and Mr. Success (Nirur Torir)

You send a message to the rebel ships requesting a chance to negotiate then you send one to the Salvage ship. Tin us replies first saying, "Sorry about this, I had to lie, or someone may have overheard us, and that wouldn't have ended well. Seeing as you actually want to help them I will go ahead, and say welcome to the Rebellion, I'm Tinus an ally of the Rebellion, and the supplier of a large chunk of their ships, and weaponry." With that his message cuts off, and another appears across the bridge view screen.

As the video cuts on you find another cutebold facing you, this one with a scar from his left ear across his face. He clears his throat before saying, "Nrelshy, you are a symbol of hope to our kind, you gained your freedom honorably, and yet the majority of our race lies in servitude to the other races. We wish to free our people from slavery, and forge our own nation. I am Captain Fluffy Wags, and I am the leader of the rebellion for our kind. I extend a welcome to the Rebellion, and I also ask for your aid. We are in dire need of of a ship such as yours to help us in our missions, as it stands all we have are flying piles of scrap with mining lasers, and stolen missiles strapped to them." With that he pauses to let you think it over, and decide what to do.

Spoiler: Captain Nrelshy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mr. Success (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scavenger Ship (click to show/hide)

Captain Jack Scott, and the Void's End (empfan)

You order your Comm Officer to contact that the ships, and he immediately sets to work. As he begins work on contacting the other ships you begin giving out orders to prepare weapons in case the fighters close on you, and down below the loading mechanisms spring to life as new PD Rounds, and slugs are cycled into their respective weapons. As your last order dies out the Comm Officer turns to you, his face, so pale that you would have thought him drained of all his blood. He paused a second as if disbelieving what he was about to say before speaking, "Captain, those aren't ships! Its the Swarm they've slipped into the system somehow, we have to get out of here now!" Just as he finished speaking hundreds of things burst forth from the shadows, and crevices in the asteroids around you.

What you saw were fighters of all sorts, some from before the first war, some newer ones, and even some so old you couldn't tell who made them, but they all had one thing in common. Surrounding most of the hull was a layer of some kind of pinkish pulsing flesh that had taken control of the ship itself. They all began to converge onto the ship, and your Navigation's Officer began talking to you, "Sir if we make the jump now we can get out of this battle before it starts, but we will risk damaged to the Warp Engines. We can't risk actually fighting al of those, so we just have to take the chance. But its up to you sir."

3 Turns until Warp Engines are Ready

Spoiler: Captain Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Void's End (click to show/hide)

K'zan, and Star's Glare (Sinpwn)

Your Scavenger Vessel begins to salvage the sea of Stingray Frames, and as it goes about its work grabbing each ship in three hands each it dragged them back to your ship. As the ships were loaded into your cargo bay your crewmen set about them with plasma cutters, and welders shearing off what scrap you could save from the ships. Within an hour half your cargo bay is taken up by scrap metal, and the odd bits of usable electronics. Your Scavenger reports back saying it'll take another two hours to fully salvage the Stingray Frames, and asks if he should continue.

3 Turns until Scavenging Complete.

Spoiler: K'zan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Star's Glare (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ?, Scavenger Vessel (click to show/hide)

Aurin Velias, and Misericordia Nex (Tiruin)

You decide to ask the other ships what to expect on the journey, and type up a quick message to the other ships.
Quote from: Aurin Velias to nearby ships
"This is the Commander of the Misericordia Nex speaking, this transmission is to all ships within range.

"Does anyone have any intel on what we would be facing in the near future? Pirate frigates, fighters, anything that would give the merchant worry?"

You wait for over twenty minutes before you receive a reply from a fellow Mercenary Captain as his voice crackled through the comm speakers, "Hello this is Captain Leanthas of the Blazing Glory. Its a pleasure to meet someone new to the business, as for what we may be facing the Merchants are afraid the U.M. forces may get to desperate, and attack the entire fleet to take the cargo free of charge, along with all the ships in the merchant fleet as well. The U.M. isn't doing to well as its in a war with the Empire of Bataria, and the Vernus Federation, they need every advantage, and spare credit they can get if they want to survive much longer. Anything else you want to know?"

4 Turns to Do as you Wish (Or you could just sleep until you arrive at the Warp Gate)

Spoiler: Aurin Velias (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misericordia Nex (click to show/hide)

Praetor Valicum Trivonii, and Xiliosh (Xardalas)

You tell one of your men to go check the nearest bar for any jobs, or contracts before rushing down the alley to see what was going on. As you enter the alley you spot a woman firing a revolver around the corner of a wall before ducking back behind it, in reply to her shots five bullets slam into the wall sending small pieces of stone flying everywhere. As you near the edge of your wall the woman sees you for the first time, and nods at you as she speaks, "My name is Lilian, mind helping me kill these Thugs?" You nod your head, and one of your men combat rolls over to her side of the wall before placing his back against the wall.

You look around the corner, and spot six thugs before they dive for cover. Now its time for some action, but how should your proceed?

Spoiler: Xardalas's Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xiliosh (click to show/hide)

Captain Sai'oda Fresa, and Endless Fury (Dwarmin)

Your group heads towards the Command Center, you head down a hallway that clearly needs maintenance as the lights in the hallway flicker on, and off, and the ceiling tiles float about freely. As you reach the end of the hallway you come to an elevator with a DNA scanner beside of it, as you look you about throw-up as you find a decaying hand already inside of the scanner. Ignoring it you push the button, and clamber into the elevator followed by the rest of your group, as you settle into it Breo presses the button on one of the consoles, and the elevator lurches upward slowly taking you to your destination.

The crewmen grow slightly impatient as the elevator takes five minutes to reach the top, as you arrive the doors slide open, and you step out into a brightly lit hallway, at the end a thick glass door, leading to what you believe is the Command Center. As you draw near it slides open easily, and you rush into the room. All around you are computers, and display screens to the factory you believe is just below you. As the door slides shut you hear gears grinding, and as you look back into the hallway you find eight security droids stepping out of previously concealed areas in the wall. One of them looks at you, and says, "Intruders surrender, and die!"

You feel someone jerk you back inside, and find Breo slamming his fist into the control panel as the door seals itself shut.

Spoiler: Dwarmin's Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Captain Sai'oda Fresa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Endless Fury (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:42:11 pm by adwarf »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

Haul ass out of there

Jack rushed over to Max and said "Warp speed, WARP FUCKING SPEED US THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!  FUCK DAMAGE WE'LL FIX IT LATER, GOGOGO!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:13:34 pm by empfan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

State that I and my crew are ready to help and ask what missions they have for us.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Sai'oda brushed Breos lingering hands away, stifling a laugh that would probably be out of place in this tomb of a station.

"Thanks, but now's not the time...

Alright, everyone form up on me-5 paces apart. We open the door and let them come to us. Droids might be good shots, but they're slow on the uptake, especially the older ones.

Just shoot them in the chest, yeah? It's just like taking down targeting range dummies. I doubt they'll even try to use basic evasion tactics..."

She nodded for Breo to hit the button again, as they all took their positions...she stared down the barrel of her revolver with a twitchy little grin, waiting for the first one to come into view.

Action: For a firing line, evenly spaced out.

Then, Open the doors and mow down the robots as they come through. If they don't come through, try to get their attention somehow...

@Empfan: Your captain skills are commendable. :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:39:32 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Allow the salvage to continue and personally go down to inspect the recovered electronics for anything outstandingly rare or valuable.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Just wondering, are those maps hand-made? Well, hand made on a computer program? I like those tiny details you put. Like those hearts near the allies corner.))

Aurin stared out into the dark vastness through the port window. It was called the Void by her people, a place where death and life are ever-present, where there was no safety, but peace. The countless stars and flickering lights from light-years away proved that. At least there was still hope.

The transceiver toned in, a reply from another Captain. More information on how important the mission was. It was imperative that they stay low, she doubted that desperation would drive the U.M. that far.

Spoiler: Transmission (click to show/hide)

It seemed being to the point would have to wait. Being forewarned seemed better, as money was the last thing on her mind as she stepped back into the bridge.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:17:04 pm by Tiruin »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

Valicum ducks leans out over the corner to shoot at the thugs, hearing his fellow crewmen fire as well. "Pour it on em lads!"

Fire at the thugs!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just wondering, are those maps hand-made? Well, hand made on a computer program? I like those tiny details you put. Like those hearts near the allies corner.))

Thanks, and Yep I used ASCII Paint to make them, still have some changes I want to make to them (like updating Xardalas's map to what Dwarmin's looks like)

EDIT: Added Dwarmin's map just above his character status
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:46:17 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Space Map (click to show/hide)

Wondering what you guys thought of the looks for the space map I am working on currently, this is the station Tiruin will arrive at to trade with the U.M.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like it, and it's certainly much better than I can do with ASCII, but the stars being so regular is distracting.

It might be better to make the stars with another program.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:16:33 pm by Nirur Torir »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stars? All I have on there is ships, fighters, a station, and a planet ... Oh wait your talking about the grey squares, I just forgot to replace those, in the actual screen I'll put the stars in there, and it should quite a bit better. I am working on the You, Allies, and Friends Sheet for the map.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:20:09 pm by adwarf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

:D

So simple. Yet it's a perplexing mystery to my mind. Wonderful! I was wondering how you compute the specific part-damage ratio.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10