Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Titan Attack  (Read 2324 times)

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Titan Attack
« on: December 15, 2007, 11:02:00 pm »

I started playing this game about a week ago, and my fortress is in the beginning of its third year. Out of nowhere a massive blue T appears and kills all the elven traders who were "preparing to embark". (I got the message that they had left after the Titan killed the last one and sent him flying off the screen.) My military consists of one marks-dwarf and two sword-dwarfs who use iron weapons and iron chain, and about 13 war dogs.  I called all my dwarves back inside, is there any point in sending all my forces against him? I have a population of 58, and enough obsidian shortswords and various iron weapons to equip my entire populace to send against him. Will he leave if I wait him out, or will I have to kill him in a mass suicide rush? or should I just give up on "Wheelsdeath"?

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Anfold ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 11:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Anfold:
<STRONG>or sho9uld I just give up on "Wheelsdeath"?</STRONG>

Why would you give up?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »

As in, all my dwarves will die without wood to build barrels in because I lost all my booze due to magma. (I mislabeled storage as food instead of rubbish, and I magma flooded the chamber.)

Fuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »

Storm him with all of your dwarfs, its what I did.  You loose a few but you will get them back later.

FOR THE IMPERIUM OF DWARFS!

tray Kitten (Tame) has adopted Fuzz.  Bay Watcher.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 02:07:00 am »

Or wait 'im out. If you wait long enough, you might be able to pit him against a goblin siege.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 05:06:00 am »

Charge!!!!

As an added bonus, with less dwarves remaining, you will need less booze  :cool:

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

JadeFalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 09:10:00 am »

Never give up never surrender! Storm him with all your dwarves worse case they all die and you have to start over,which you were thinking of anyway,but this way you get to watch the carnage unfold  :)

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:00 am »

Build cage traps around your entrance and capture him.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 01:30:00 pm »

I decided to go ahead and charge him with all my dwarves, so first I sent in my three dwarf and 8 war dog military in to soften him up, and give my civilians a chance to arm themselves. At first, the battle went well, as the war dogs and sworddwarves managed to keep him occupied.  No damage was done, but the titan was becoming very tired, and my war dogs were no longer imitating birds.
Alas my marksdwarf ran out of bolts, and ran up to beat the titan with her iron crossbow.  Surprisingly, this did more damage than my mighty sword draves and turned the  titans right thumb gray. He then proceeded to kill all all of my of my dogs in a most spectacular fashion, as dogs where flying left and right one of which nearly smashed down the door to my fort traveling do doubt somewhere around half the speed of sound.  Once the titan had killed the dogs and finished off my military, he stated to chase the puppies and massacred many of them, before chasing one off the southern end of the map and disappearing.  Never shall the tail be forgotten of the brave puppy who sacrificed himself in an attempt to lead the horrible beast away into the great nether that lies beyond the borders of my CPU.

At least I'll have plenty of bone bolts to train up more marksdwarves.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 05:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Anfold:
<STRONG>Surprisingly, this did more damage than my mighty sword draves and turned the  titans right thumb gray.</STRONG>

I'm pretty sure this is the best sentence I've ever read.

g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Chezni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 11:26:00 pm »

Pretty awesome fight.  Brave puppy!  I hope he got away.  And, I hope he doesn't come back later and attack your fortress for revenge.

Fenrir

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 11:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chezni:
<STRONG>Pretty awesome fight.  Brave puppy!  I hope he got away.  And, I hope he doesn't come back later and attack your fortress for revenge.</STRONG>

Why would he want revenge?

Ixen-bay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 02:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>
Why would he want revenge?</STRONG>

The puppy or the titan?

Chezni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

Hmm I meant the puppy.   But I suppose the titan would as well...