Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80741 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile

Okay, probably my last update for a while.

I redorfed Tryrar as the marksdorf with the most kills, again.

Migrants arrived, right into the undead siege. They can't get in. I have no intention of letting the bridge down, either. One of them is an adequate axedwarf and a talented marksdwarf. He fired a few bolts off, then stripped down and killed some undead with his bare hands and nothing more than some animal blood covering his body. Soon, however, he was overwhelmed by the hordes. He is now dead, though he took out about 10 of their number. He has died valiantly, and will hopefully be commemorated if we can get his body back.

There are now less than two pages of undead. I think they might be fleeing!
Another good military dwarf fell victim to a vampire. They seem to choose our useful dwarves. Can't they just go after the soap makers and fish cleaners?

Hey, I found out how Dariush died. He was killed by the vampire "slowpokez."
A stroke of luck, namely an ostrich woman, has brought quite a few within the reach of our marksdwarves, who are accordingly slaughtering them.
Vampires strike again, this time against a suturer. It's time to take action. I will lower the bridge, send the vampires out, keep the normal melee squad behind the bridge to defend, then raise the bridge again.
The vampires are outside. A foolhardy marksdwarf went along with them, and has been killed.
I have sent the vampires to attack the undead. They've killed a decent amount, maybe 10, but 1 out of 3 has died. The others are Xieg and Slowpokez. Zieg is equipped with an adamantine short sword, and Slowpokez has an adamantine battle axe.

Xieg is dead. Now Slowpokez is dead too. Fortunately, this has killed a bunch of undead and has gotten rid of 3 vampires! They were expendable.
Hatch Cover is dead of dehydration. So much death. Population: 47
Twangykid, our resident Mayor marksdwarf vampire is stricken by melancholy. I have also arranged for all the vampire children to be dumped outside. I intend to use the natural resources readily available to us to get rid of our vampire problem.

It is in a place where it can get in. I shall attack it with the military.

Okay, I killed it, with no injuries for the military.

This one can't reach us, I think.

A dwarven caravan has come, but the wagons bypassed our site.

Looking around at all the body parts strewn around our site, I reflect upon the fact that we are screwed if another necromancer shows up.

Allright, I have to wrap up for now. It'll be a while before my next update.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:-X Sorry about the refuse pile outside but at the time I had forgotten about the necromancers and wanted the bodies out of the fort :-X
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:42:52 pm by Zargodia »

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A forgotten beast made of stone? fuck that.
Also, my dwarf went melancholy? As a vampire? Sweet, lock him up, eternal leader.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Catching up over the weekend. I started reading Wetsheep's posts and got confused for a second wondering if I was reading Markedangels.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, my dwarf went melancholy? As a vampire? Sweet, lock him up, eternal leader.
He's been locked up for the past half year. I tried to let him go so he could help our marksdwarf effort, but it didn't work.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's been locked up for the past half year. I tried to let him go so he could help our marksdwarf effort, but it didn't work.
You could just deconstruct whatever chain he's assigned to, that always works. And locking up isn't necessary, melancholy vampires are emos who hate themselves and refuse to drink blood. They'll spend most of their time annoying people at meeting halls or wherever else they see fit.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:57:49 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda meant wall him in, he's invincible from all but ghosts.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm back!

Those ghosts. I have decided to address that problem and start the construction of memorial slabs.

It's early winter, and I still don't know exactly where the mason's workshop is. I'm building another one. Another thing I just found: the pump stack. It's only partly completed, and I don't have experience with them, so I'm not going to do anything with it.

The atom smasher entrance is almost finished. Here's a screenshot:

Three of the four levers are connected to the last 6 bridges. I built all those, then decided I didn't need them all and they would take too long to connect. I hope I can finish it before my turn is up. If not, then for the next overseer, the three on the left are connected to the bridges. The one on the right is connected to the bridge I used to drop a rooster outside the walls.

A gem setter just killed an undead dog with a catapult.

The entrance is finished! Perhaps we can be finally free of the undead menace! I have opened the entrance.

Okay, some messed up stuff happened. Citizens were going outside to do jobs that weren't in their burrow, so I sent the military out and put the marksdwarves up on the wall near the entrance to pick off anyone trying to get in. Our military did wonderfully, and now there are only 13 undead left. Unfortunately, a skilled macedwarf who was stupidly using a whip instead of a mace was killed.

Vampires strike again!

Also, to make things even worse:

Oh wait. Never mind. He can't get to us.

The second Tryrar has been missing for a week. Heh, I killed him twice. A woodcrafter withdrew from society and claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop. Only 6 undead left!

Apparently the leader of the melee squad must always be equipped with a whip, whith which he has no skill, and die using it. It is Obsidian 1. Population: 40. Undead: 4.

Zargodia has killed the last 4 zombies! We are free to roam outside once again! Freedom! Migrants! The world is ours!
We have had many casualties, and many valiant dwarves have lost their lives, but we have prevailed. We are WatchedGleam! We are invincible!

The first thing I will do is build an indoor refuse pile.

I am also trying to finish my namesake. It was put on hold when we were attacked.

If another necromancer comes now, we are so screwed. There are so many bodies and body parts everywhere; I don't even want to imagine it.

Felcis, a death update: Tryrar II and Slax(went outside in zombie territory)

I am also walling up the atom smasher entrance. It didn't really do anything except let my military out. The bridges were useless.

And so my turn ends. I will post the save soon.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slax Pulleypants NO! D:

Good year, man. Has Twangy already been briefed?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It wasn't really a good year. Basically all I did was halve our population. Anyway, here is the save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6505

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog

I notified Twangy just now. I am also downloading the save at the moment...can't wait to see how it looks now, with most of the population gone. :p
But good job finishing your turn that quickly despite only playing on the weekends!

Btw. it seems like all the founding dwarves with the exception of Anti-Paragon are dead now. Gratz for being the last one standing! ;)
And all the named dwarves of generation 2 are gone as well. Well, it's dangerous around vampires and necromancers.

Edit:
Unfortunately, a skilled macedwarf who was stupidly using a whip instead of a mace was killed.
Apparently the leader of the melee squad must always be equipped with a whip, whith which he has no skill, and die using it.
They killed Belmondo? Nuuu~...who will ineffectually fight dem vampires and hunt Dracula now? D:
Let's at least send him (and his inadequate successor) of with some fitting music.

And the next player can redorf me.
Name: Felcis II.
Title: Hero Wannabe
Profession: Some melee-soldier, preferably sword or spear

Anyone else not on the list who wants (re)dorfing?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, and redorf me as well as the NEXT sucker draftee for the military, with the profession Vamp Bait
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought Markedangels was slow...
Not like I can talk, my turn took forever in that.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should have been there when there were 200+ undead.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zargodia has killed the last 4 zombies! We are free to roam outside once again! Freedom! Migrants! The world is ours!

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

I'm finally useful
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30