Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80776 times)

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(An page from the journal of Zargodia)

well everyone is saying we need a new overseer because i died and i cant exactly tell them im possessing this body i guess we'll see who's the sucker that gets the job next.

(yeah i cant finish cause i have too much stuff to do so gigamaster,sorry i killed you and have a good turn.)

save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6250

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's good that you were proactive about it, I was just about to say your week was up :P
I'm sure Gigmaster, in his immortal wisdom, will make a good year out of it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:05:21 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I have ideas.... you killed a vampire?

Hah.

Hahah.

AH-HAHAHAHAH.

So yeah, I'm going to say that Gigmaster snapped because of the insanity within the fort, and his constant frustration with all the living meat bags, so he just butchered the next overseer and is running around with a really bad mustache-and-glasses style mask claiming to be him.

The dwarves really can't tell any difference, apart from the insane ideas and the mad laughter. And the extra exclamation marks.

(HAH!! Ahahahahahah!!!)

*ahem* downloading now.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone ever going to build the magma pump stack? Or is this going to end up like one of those 10,000 projects in Failcannon/Boatmurdered that nobody every completed?

This fort needs a mega-project by the way, something that hasn't been done before.

I know what we need to do.

Make a cannon that shoots demons.

Wait no, that wouldn't work all that well...

How about an elaborate system built above the map that allows us to make strategic lava drops on random parts of the map?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog

We could try to create a superpowered vampire army clad in steel and adamantine. Then we build a tunnel from hell to the overworld that we can open when a necromancer attacks. Then we will conquer hell with our vampires and the aid of an undead army that will ignore our own dark creatures. At least I think that zombies still attack demons, I've never had the honor to test it.

After the deed is done we can build something epic in the underworld and have a neverending struggle with demonic forces.

Anyway, did you forget to dorf me or did I already die again? I can't find my dwarf. D=

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ya dwarf theripist listed a ghost as coming with the migrants and that was the dwarf i gave you. so no your not dwarfed

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently working on technical stuff; does anyone know a place to pick up 34.02 with ironhand? I've never done a succession fort in an outdated version of DF, so I'm a little lost here, sadly. Shame I didn't save all of my DF downloads... :(

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think this fortress will even run on 34.02 anymore. But you can try an' see.

Archereon installed a graphics pack of his own and never reverted it, as you can see from the fortress raws (whatever the Lazy Noob Pack tileset is called). You could probably just settle for that one.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So DF is totally reverse compatible? I'm going to try with a fresh Ironhand install and just copy the raws over from the root to the save file (copied save), correct for the stupid eyelid error, and try to go from there. Heard it working in other succ. forts.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think this fortress will even run on 34.02 anymore. But you can try an' see.

Archereon installed a graphics pack of his own and never reverted it, as you can see from the fortress raws (whatever the Lazy Noob Pack tileset is called). You could probably just settle for that one.
ya the fort wont work on .02 any more and i fixed the graphics when i started

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, wouldn't going back to 34.02 also ruin all that 34.06 animal training we set up?

Speaking of which, how's the crundle farm coming along? (pasture those dralthas in some grass/moss before they die)

Edit: Seems the fort is still on alert mode. Ok, whose idea was it to permanently disband the Granite Immortals and Furious Canyons? I'm gonna have to bust somebody's ass for that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:51:55 am by Spish »

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry about that but there was some military trouble (we had no militia commander and needed one to replace some captins) because of all the deaths so i rearranged the squads

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty, I got things fixed! Running it in Ironhand in 34.07.... I'm not 100% how reverse compatability is with DF, so if there will be some kind of horrid problem and someone knows of it, lemme know. Otherwise, all it takes is just a copy-pasta from root to save raw, then correcting for the 34.05 missing eyelids issue.

Moving on with the...

... fort.

.... why is the silk loom covered in blood? Why do we have 10+ crundles in cages at the end of that hallway? What's the dead body doing there? None of these levers have notes on them...

... why do we have a pair of beds out in the middle of a cavern... surrounded by blood and corpses?

where's the centralized workshop area..... I... err.... I am apparently far too used to playing my own forts.

... Fuck this. we're turtling up and getting some organized infrastructure going. And I apparently need to read through this thread again.

And what the hell is up with the surface? Jeez oh jeez oh jeez...

(Not meant to insult anyone from before, I... just... err.... this is kind of a mess  :o ). (*Puts on some ☼Dwarf Skin☼ work gloves.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:57:06 pm by Gigmaster »

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I noticed much the same when I started Gig.  At that point I had to decide to complete something amazing or fix the mess.  I opted to get my ass handed to be by zombies, werebeasts, and forgotten beasts in the end.  I wish you luck in organizing the fortress.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

good luck trying to organize that place- your first order of bussinus should be to find the still cause booze production stoped and i didnt start it back up

also try to get our population up so we can get sieges- fun!

oh yes you should take the forgotten beast silk and put it on our cage traps down below so we can catch FBs
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30