Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80788 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh...

*cough*

Zarg?

You do realize I already BUILT a throneroom? Or rather, a really, really, nice estate?

I also have an idea you could use to prevent important dwarves from getting nommed by vampires: make their rooms a burrow that only they're allowed in (add them to the burrows they need to be in as well). As vampires respect burrows, that should stop us loosing Urist McLegendarymetalsmith.

Or more importantly, Urist McChiefMedicalDorf (*me*).

No seriously, I have an insane backup plan that none of you know about that will go into action if I die (or possibly BEFORE I die, if I made a mistake). The Omega Contingency wasn't just some random line I made up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:00:41 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi, I wouldn't say I experienced crippling failure.  Sure the constant zombie plague I experienced did prevent me from making my temple to the demons in the deep and making the full pump stack and making a magma lake and a vampire plague started, but we lived damn it!

On a side note, kill Archereon, curious as to see The Omega Contingency.  Lock him up with a vampire.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You do realize I already BUILT a throneroom? Or rather, a really, really, nice estate?

yes actualy i did but that one didnt have my initial on it did it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:34:54 pm by Zargodia »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^^ What if it isn't a source of hidden !!FUN!!, but a source of everlasting peace, kindness, and love that makes everyone who died in the fortress come back to life (and not as zombies) and live happily ever after?  8)

Or what if I'm just making it up so that you kill me, so that I lose so I can win and make no sense whatsoever...JUST AS PLANNED!?

I'll be here spreading paranoia, misinformation, and more  all week folks  :P

In all honesty though, there's still two surprises you guys haven't discovered yet to my knowledge (of a total of three, the first being the well of unlife)...

OR IS THERE!?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:18:37 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile

I just noticed my dorf is dead. Is there any chance I can get a re-dorfing?

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

geez im getting alot of chain animal spam because of me not being in a cell. is there any way to stop it other than letting them put me back in the cell?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let yourself get chained up again, then disable the justice designation for all the unused chains. Then bust out of jail, and with no way to lock you up, the captain will reduce your sentence to a one-time beating.

Don't forget to put the justice back on afterwards, or Spishaban will be rolling in his grave.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it didnt work  :( it keeps saying cant find path even though the person is right beside me.

wait they seem to have stoped

update soon
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:42:35 pm by Zargodia »

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8th of moonstone

after 7 days of boredom i realize that we are out of cabinates... THAT'S IT THAT IS ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED IN SEVEN DAYS!!!!

15th of moonstone

ive noted a lot of puppies around the fort and it gave me an idea...

25th moonstone

a thief showed up and stabbed a recruit in the foot and hand before running off, im so BORED

26th of moonstone

i moved into my new room today and decided that the 6 adamantine statues were taking too long
so i canceled the 4 that hadent been made and had the 2 new statues placed in my room

7th of opal
ive taken note that tryrar and his squad are making sure nothing that so much as looks at our fort funny lives. He will be useful

16th opal

Ive built another crafting workshop because we appear to only have one and our productivity should be higher

28th of opal

yes YES finally some action i begin preparations immediately

he brutally injurers an unimportant dwarf before my squad can get there but soon the battle commences

and while i take a while deserved nap the battle is finished with no reported deaths

8th of obsidian

there are a lot of corpses everywhere so i make a refuse pile outside the fort

a dwarf begins to act strangely secretive I'll keep and eye on him

13th of obsidian

anticlimactic :(

18th of obsidian

an ambush sweet!

two. okay...

shit! people are running outside hurry up

crap a third ambush everyone inside NOW!

three dead shitshitshitshit

a forth ambush what the fuck

FIVE! five ambushes all at once

but now i join the fight!

i dash headlong into a pike goblin shattering bones before he has time to react

but alas i come too late the archers have killed all but one of the invaders-a crossbowelf that limps away before i can catch him but watched gleam is saved! with 4 deaths none of them important!

25th of obsidian

several attacks by vampires. no one important was killed a lousy carpenter and a legendary glass maker. glass, pbth

1st of granite 256
ah spring thus begins watchedgleams 6th year
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:58:14 pm by Zargodia »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heh, so basically I'm a better archer than the ELVES!? I think we don't really need any other army other than me, just remember to give me candy armor and/or vampirize me(so I don't become a tasty snack)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heh, so basically I'm a better archer than the ELVES!?

yes your squad defeated all five ambushes (at least 2 of which were crossbowgoblins/elves) with 2 kills from my squad
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:07:09 pm by Zargodia »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun fact: Zargodia was the one who built Tryrar's trademark ☼Nethercap Crossbow☼ in the first place

We should get some kill-lists up in here. Last I checked, Tryar had somewhere around 90 kills.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:09:42 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heres the kill list for me and tryrar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and heres my amazing attributes and the reason i sleep through sieges alot

Dalex

• Bay Watcher
  • And thats how Fun was made!
    • View Profile

I would love a Dorf going by the name of Prussia please :D
Preferably a Mechanic or Doctor, whichever is more convenient.
"But Sir, Urist's kidneys are falling out of his HEAD, and your telling me he doesn't need surgery?"

"Give him a Crutch!"

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dammit! the dwarf X cancels chain animal: cannot find path spam is starting up again :'(
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30