Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80802 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

Takin a look at the fort and HOLY CRAP i can not find anything!
The normal reaction to any succesion fort.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile

(my god, at the rate this is going, we could be the Boatmurdered of DF 0.34.x)
To be honest, so far our fort has been too secure and ran much too smoothly to be compared to epic disasters like Failcannon and it's sequels or the currently running Markedangels.

I am so happy right now.
Have a happy face! [ :) ]
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

Just rememeber to build me a damn kennel somewhere, we got a dogsplosion going on and we need those guys set up for war, every commander needs a pack of 20 war dogs with them, at least in my forts

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of kennels, we have a fuckton of crundles, and a dungeon stockpile in need of expanding. We could probably start a crundle farm or something.

Also, animal training is now done via Z -> Animals. It's a lot more streamlined now, and apparently you can even train enemy mounts. Make sure you pasture the Dralthas on some grass/fungi after taming them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:44:20 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So who's turn is it?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog

It would be Feb's turn, but considering that he hasn't been online for over a month I will ask Zargodia if he is ready to take his turn now instead.
We don't want to risk another long break. :)

So Feb, if you read this and someone else already started, just leave a post and I will put you back into the turn list.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Emp, you're going to regret skipping your turn when you get eaten by vampires as a result :P
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Emp, you're going to regret skipping your turn when you get eaten by vampires as a result :P

Mostly I decided to skip considering I would probably forget to keep track of the time, major events, so on.  That and I may have destroyed the fort if I tried considering I have never survived even an ambush  :-\

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be Feb's turn, but considering that he hasn't been online for over a month I will ask Zargodia if he is ready to take his turn now instead.
We don't want to risk another long break. :)

So Feb, if you read this and someone else already started, just leave a post and I will put you back into the turn list.
WHAT... fine i'll get going soon but the pump stack probobly wont be finished during my turn

oh yeah how do you post screenshots just wondering nvm i figured it out update soon
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:36:02 pm by Zargodia »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tinypic.com is the easiest way. I also recommend you save them as .png files and crop out all the unnecessary parts of the picture.

Mostly I decided to skip considering I would probably forget to keep track of the time, major events, so on.  That and I may have destroyed the fort if I tried considering I have never survived even an ambush  :-\
None of that stuff really matters as long as you get through the year and post up the save. And you could've just closed off the main gate if you were scared of getting murdered (Really, crippling failure is the kind of stuff we LIKE to see. Just look at Xieg's turn.)

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of the 5th overseer of watchedgleam Zargodia

18th of timber
ive just got word that the overseer, xieg, has steeped down now is my chance!
my plan will commence immediately!

calling to tulon, the captain of the guard telling him i will happily take over

"nice try vampire scum, like im letting you out!"

as he says that though he pushes his face up against the bars and i hit him on the head, knocking him unconscious,
and take his keys. "free!" I exclaim as i unlock the door and my chains.

my first order of business? a throne room of course!

with my amazing skill to convince others to do my bidding i am made the new overseer
in hours after the throne room orders go through i begin training the creatures we have captured in the caves

23rd of timber

the guard captain was trying to put me back in that cell so i had him locked in it instead. HA!

1st of moonstone

nothing much has happened yet but it will... muahahahahaha!

oh yes the statues i ordered are being made :)

(so there any suggestions on what to do after the throne room would be appreciated
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:42:35 pm by Zargodia »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tinypic.com is the easiest way. I also recommend you save them as .png files and crop out all the unnecessary parts of the picture.

None of that stuff really matters as long as you get through the year and post up the save. And you could've just closed off the main gate if you were scared of getting murdered (Really, crippling failure is the kind of stuff we LIKE to see. Just look at Xieg's turn.)

Alright...mind putting me on the list again later, so I can actually give it a shot?

Edit:  I don't wanna die a crundly death :< .  Mind maybe putting a body guard and/or a couple of war pets in case of problems?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:43:44 pm by empfan »

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't wanna die a crundly death :< .  Mind maybe putting a body guard and/or a couple of war pets in case of problems?

i'll get right on it, right after i find the kennels

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't wanna die a crundly death :< .  Mind maybe putting a body guard and/or a couple of war pets in case of problems?

i'll get right on it, right after i find the kennels

Assuming they built one, if I remember getting animal armies isn't top priority, or even a priority for most of these overseers.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, animal training is done at a zone now. The current Animal Training zone is the ground-level courtyard. Use the R menu if you're having trouble finding the kennels.

And in my experience it is physically impossible to be killed by crundles.

Hey Zarg, I noticed that your dorf has no additional zombie kills from the zombie siege that killed everyone. Meaning that the only reason you survived was because you slept through the whole thing... again. Just thought that was funny :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:51:05 pm by Spish »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30