Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80813 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2012, 01:01:26 am »

I recall reading something about vampire experiments in Archereon's journal. I can only assume that the recent vampire outbreak, and the recent murder, are the result of a collaborative conspiracy between Archereon, Slowpokez and Gigmaster. If only we had acted sooner to get them behind bars. Of course, if everybody ends up becoming vampires, then we won't have to lock Gigmaster up forever :P

Oh well, I had a good run. Shame about Felcis though. And with Zargodia in the dungeon, Tryrar is pretty much our only experienced soldier left.

By the way, Tryar, you've advanced to Legendary Marksdwarfship and are now known as "Tryrar Morulkacoth Lecadmelbilerush Gorroth" (Tryrar Pageconfined the Clean Tome-Handle of Disembowling).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:04:28 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2012, 09:12:11 am »

Date unknown:

I haven't seen another dwarf other than my daughter in months, and the both us us no longer qualify as dwarves.  We remain sealed down here for the forts safety.  The proximity to the denizens keeps me going.  I no longer know the status of the world above, or even the status of the fortress around me.  I can only hope some dwarf above can carry on our greatness.

Well I got to leave on a bit of a trip that I thought I had some more time until I left for....  So Here is the fort about the end of fall but not quite winter yet.  Next player gets an extra month under their belt, consider it a gift from me for somehow making more vampires than when I started.

On the river bank is an array of waterwheels, creates 1100 or so urists of power.  Should be enough to power the pump stack when someone finishes it.  I built maybe 15-20 pumps, so it has a nice solid base.  Finish it for the glory of the dwarven empire.

Also started refining some adamantine.  Careful there, caused a cave in that was one square from releasing the demons at one point.

Pretty sure I have almost every dead dwarf buried as well now, still a couple ghosts floating around though.

That first sentence is awkward but oh well.  Here is the file:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6191

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:10 am »

From Gigmaster's personal entries

Now that these romantic fools have locked me up, I can continue writing out my reports to the Clan's Highest. They'll want a recounting of this after all is said and done.

It still amazes me that several are still holding back from embracing the infection, especially Xieg. I had thought we had struck gold with the introduction of my blood into the river system and groundwater, epsecially when it reached the lips of the current overseer... but these fools are determined to die as cattle. What bores.

Still, I have high hopes we can save this fortress; once the others fall in their way and join the zombies, I have no doubt that we can... convince any survivors left to take the Blessing; better, far better, to be Chosen than to be a mindless slug.

We cannot fail; the future of our nation depends upon us..

-Gigmaster

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:20 pm »

Damn, that was an amazing turn, even if you didn't finish the year. It seems like the fort will still be challenging in it's own way, despite the lack of terrible weather and reanimating biomes.
A shame that our military got so decimated though. And I sadly forgot to make a nice tomb for my dwarf back in my turn. D=
I am still looking at the save and trying to make sense of all the events from the past journals, to understand how the whole vampire-"problem" happened for example.
I will PM empfan and try to complete the "Deceased List" later.

Oh yeah, and redorf me when the opportunity arises.
Name: "Felcis II." or "Felicia" (if female)
Title: "Hero Wannabe"
Job: Some melee soldier, prefferably Swordsdwarf.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

I'll do my best, expect turtling and me trying to tame everything within the screen

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:21 pm »

Heh, already started the turtling.  Got a reasonably good marksdorf squad permanently stationed ovee the gate.  Lead by Tryar ofcourse.  Prerty sure Gigmaster is part if the squad but is locked away in prison.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:40 pm »

so, im a vampire now eh? anyone wanna donate blood?  ;)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:32 pm »

I imagine we'd have much use for a skilled vampire hammerdorf, considering that they can't be killed by blunt force trauma (ie. anything undead). You'd be like our secret weapon against the zombies.

Just be careful not to get Zargodia, Gigmaster, or Twangy killed before they've gotten to play. Their turns are just around the corner :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:34:29 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2012, 08:50:26 pm »

hmmm, might be best to skip me, sorry :/

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2012, 09:30:06 pm »

Hey all  :) Just read up the story.

Stinks that some undead got inside.

Hope that you many dwarves population already
Make every able-body count.

20th Feslite:
Are you shitting me?  A weremoose?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, The Moose can be terrifying.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2012, 04:41:07 am »

hmmm, might be best to skip me, sorry :/
Okay, that's a shame. But it's okay, I will just tell melkor about his turn.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2012, 10:16:11 am »

Excerpt from the memoirs of "Archereon", Overseeer's Physician:

It seems my plan has been more successful than I could've imagined...The fools have been drinking the water for months now...Many have shown symptoms...I expect we'll soon be moving to phase two once the pump stacks is finished.

Events have even transpired in such a way as to eliminate slowpokez for me...The fool has been sealed away in his room. I can hear his screams from here. Proverbial music to my ears.

Everything is going...

(my god, at the rate this is going, we could be the Boatmurdered of DF 0.34.x)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:50:30 am by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

can i have a vampire instead?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, melkor dropped out as well because of his connection, so I will contact Feb.

I also changed the title to something more catchy. :D

(my god, at the rate this is going, we could be the Boatmurdered of DF 0.34.x)
To be honest, so far our fort has been too secure and ran much too smoothly to be compared to epic disasters like Failcannon and it's sequels or the currently running Markedangels.
There is still a lot of potential though. Sometimes it needs a decent buildup before everything goes to hell, instead of a constant struggle for survival. xD

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Takin a look at the fort and HOLY CRAP i can not find anything! Where is the crafting area? the barracks?
What about the place we put the useless migrants?
oh yeah feb i cant make a pump stack worth crap so try to finish it before my turn
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30