Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80825 times)

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:26 pm »

Ah yeah, sure. Start when you are ready. :)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2012, 02:54:52 pm »

You throw away your computers? No backing-up files or anything? Weird. ???
Well the reason to why I bought a new computer was to get rid of all the crap I had, the lazy solution-Get a new one :P

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2012, 03:40:02 pm »

Yeah, mind if I switch places with you? I can get turn 4, you get turn 3?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

I already switched you two and Spish already seemed okay with that solution, so it's up to him now.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2012, 06:42:12 pm »

Are you sure you're not just making things up because you got everyone killed? :P

One more thing, slowpokez. How about you draw out your designations for the hospital in dwarf fortress, and send them to me in screenshot-form? The secret dissection room and stuff like that. So I can implement them myself.

Edit: I might actually be too busy for this. Turns out I won't have my laptop for the next 4 or so days and will have to negotiate the hours-of-use of a different computer if I want to work on the fortress. Doesn't mean I can't just quickly half-ass my way through the year though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:39:09 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2012, 10:43:00 pm »

Could slowpokes just start his turn over again?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2012, 09:00:30 am »

heh, think I can get a redorf as another sap volunteer for the military?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:06 am »

heh, think I can get a redorf as another sap volunteer for the military?

me to please, want to be there when those demons are released

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:24 pm »

Both acknowledged. I haven't started yet , and probably won't for at least several hours (although I unpaused to watch Felcis carve a goblin thief into 11 pieces), but I've drawn up some cryptic schematics in MSpaint for the new stairs+courtyard+tower+barracks+prison+dungeon, so I'm feelin' good about this.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:58:59 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »

Hmmm...Could anyone possibly...

You know...

I don't really know how to do this, but 0.34.06 is incompatible with earlier versions, but its possible to update watchedgleam's raws to fix that problem.
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

I don't really know how to do this, but 0.34.06 is incompatible with earlier versions, but its possible to update watchedgleam's raws to fix that problem.
It is? Toady said that old saves will still work fine, only thing missing being some animal-taming journeys in the Legends.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:07 pm »

Works perfectly fine for me. Though, the first thing I did after downloading the save was update the b_detail raws. I'll probably end up going back to v05 anyway, because there's no way in hell I'm doing a military overhaul without Dwarf Therapist.

Might not even start today at this rate. Hey Slowpokez, gimme the damn hospital shematics. Or at least tell me your plans for the migrant dissection chamber.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:29:48 pm by Spish »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2012, 03:44:37 pm »

I haven't really even gotten started (still planning things out), but don't worry, I should finish on time even if it means cutting corners on all these building projects. I was able to interpret the hospital map just fine.

Say Slowpokez, regarding the dissection room. Were you planning on making it an old fashioned lever-operated spike chamber? Or would it be something more elaborate like my prison's "Execution Chum-ber" idea? (where I drop the dwarves/goblins two levels onto a fully loaded saw trap, breaking their bones, and causing them to be sliced into a million pieces when they fall unconscious)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »

Can I be dorfed as a Swordsdwarf? Named Roboboy, I want to kill some of those clowns when their released.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2012, 12:35:13 am »

Gotcha.

Edit: Well now I feel silly. I don't know how I missed that with all the time I spent setting up squads and training schedules :P
At any rate, the stuff I screwed up while trying to figure it out was savescummed out of existence.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:15:09 am by Spish »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30