Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80827 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2012, 12:00:39 pm »

We're surrounded by an army of undead elves...and before everyone tells me "they are just elves ignore them etc etc." I'd like to point out the fact that they are backed up by undead goblins.
So what do I do?

Fight them like a Human?(and die like a Human)
Close all entrances and hide like a Kobold?
Sacrifice all remaining fps to build a pump-stack flooding the world with magma like a dwarf?
Ally ourselves with the demons and let them do the fighting...like a goblin?
Or ask them if they want to buy some wood like an elf?

Give me your opinion guys :P

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2012, 12:30:10 pm »

Did you at least manage to build a wall around our perimeter like I suggested?

I vote for hide like the kobold, and don't even think about fighting until you have at least 20 well-equipped (emphasis on equipped) recruits.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »

Did you at least manage to build a wall around our perimeter like I suggested?

I vote for hide like the kobold, and don't even think about fighting until you have at least 20 well-equipped (emphasis on equipped) recruits.
got 5 and some of them even lack a weapon...

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2012, 12:42:37 pm »

Well then the answer is clear, better get started preparing a militia. And make sure you raise the entry bridges as well, just in case one of those zombies happens to be a building destroyer.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2012, 12:59:27 pm »

Okayherestheplan!

We will use strategically dropped cats as retard magnets to lure the undead away from the fortress. We will then take Watchedgleam, and PUSH it somewhere else!

Though personally, I vote to let the clowns out of the circus and see if they'll fight the zeds.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:45 pm »

Are we talking unarmed undead elves and goblins? If so, just hide for a while and train/equip a squad of at least 5 soldiers, preferably with swords/axes (we got iron and found magma after all). Then hold the militia back and lure the zombies in to kill them in small groups and stop them from reviving on evil ground. Humanoid zombies are much more frightening than actually dangerous, since they are so slow and can easily be hacked to pieces with slashing weapons. Maybe also take some dogs as a distraction.

Or are we dealing with a necromancer? If so: Hide, gear up and kill that coward. :P

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:35 pm »

Probably a necromancer since I can't conceive of where elf corpses would come from otherwise, plus our evil biome doesn't reanimate and has mist that gives people blisters.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22:25 pm »

Shut the doors and build traps? Generally works for me, though I haven't played much since last update.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:40 am »

Here's an even dorfier idea:

Dig under the undead horde, and caven in collapse them down into a pit of spikes which will promptly be filled with magma.

BTW Slowpokez, magma doesn't kill zombies, they need to collapse first, then their corpses will be incinerated.
It was inevitable.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2012, 11:18:13 am »

Dig under the undead horde, and caven in collapse them down into a pit of spikes which will promptly be filled with magma.

BTW Slowpokez, magma doesn't kill zombies, they need to collapse first, then their corpses will be incinerated.
I like this idea but the zombies are moving around...
I might be able to drop the top layer of the map though :)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »

Dropping the top layer would destroy our lovely brook and pond ecosystem, and as harbinger of fishy justice I cannot allow that to happen :-\

Not to mention flood everything with water, due to us being falling below river level and all.

Edit: Also, I believe dropping the surface layer won't actually kill anything, unless they are underneath and it comes down on their heads.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:17:41 pm by Spish »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:49 pm »

I like this idea but the zombies are moving around...
I might be able to drop the top layer of the map though :)

Use a retard magnet to lure them to the trap zone (read: wait till migrants show, draft em, and try to kite the zeds to the drop zone. Better than having them join the undead horde.)
It was inevitable.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:09 am »

I just realised that I've made  bit of a mistake here... :P
Just bought a new computer and threw away the old one without thinking...
So...
I think I'll to skip this one :-\
Sorry guys for taking your time like this but sh*t happens
Good luck with your turn Arch 8)

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

Aww, that's a shame. But you can still take a turn later if you want. I will send Arch a PM, so he can start whenever he wants.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2012, 12:31:47 pm »

You throw away your computers? No backing-up files or anything? Weird. ???

I believe Archereon said he wanted his turn later, for sciencing purposes. That'd mean I'm next. If that's the case, I'll get started sometime tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30