Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80811 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2012, 11:30:43 am »

Works fine for me. Have you tried updating the bodypart raws to 34.05?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2012, 11:31:29 am »

Havin some trouble with the save, is it good?
I had no problems with it so far. What happened exactly?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2012, 11:59:26 am »

I think it works now, I'll get going when I come home :)

I'm havin problems with missing eye-lids...how do I fix it?

Can play...but can't use a texture pack...
Well, good 'nuff I guess ::)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:20:38 pm by slowpokez »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2012, 01:28:07 pm »

And if the list in the second post didn't answer your question, Archereon: Your dorf is still alive.

Tyvm
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »

Do we have a hospital and a magmaforge? Couldn't find it :P
Also why are making all this "raw green glass"? ???

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2012, 02:37:04 pm »

Do we have a hospital and a magmaforge? Couldn't find it :P
I made a makeshift hospital at the end of my turn...I don't think that Nemica made a new one. And I didn't find any real metal-industry either, so you got a few tasks already. :P

Mhm...and texture packs should work...they do work for me at least. o.o

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2012, 02:38:15 pm »

Apparently, our hospital is that large room in the residential area that is filled with nothing but rocks :P
I'd leave the hospital designing to Archereon, as Herr Doktor. What we really need right now is a fortified wall surrounding our entrance, and a team of marksdwarves to shoot over it. Provided you know enough to keep said marksdwarves from dying stupidly.

Edit: I couldn't help but notice that Wynz was using a Fungiwood Training Spear in that battle, and was otherwise kicking some serious ass. Such a shame.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:05:59 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers to consume diet coke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2012, 02:43:25 pm »

There was that thinkg with the moody glassmaker. Before I could turn the glassmaking off again, everything went haywire.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2012, 03:13:18 pm »

Apparently, our hospital is that large room in the residential area that is filled with nothing but rocks :P
I'd leave the hospital designing to Archereon, as Herr Doktor. What we really need right now is a fortified wall surrounding our entrance, and a team of marksdwarves to shoot over it. Provided you know enough to keep said marksdwarves from dying stupidly.

Edit: I couldn't help but notice that Wynz was using a Fungiwood Training Spear in that battle, and was otherwise kicking some serious ass. Such a shame.
Wynz died the moment I started the game :P Don't know why though ::)

Also I'm the Chief medical dwarf so I shall commence making a hospital right away :D

Edit:Found the cause of his death
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:17:32 pm by slowpokez »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2012, 06:56:53 pm »

Well, it's been an... interesting start, mostly due to me being quite slow but also because I'm gotten absurdly used to using a texture pack...
I've spent most of spring figuring out the layout of the fort. I came to the conclusion that it lacks quite a few things but I'll see to that :)

Felcis had been runnin 'round outside of the fort beeting up lousewomen...messed around with levers for a while until he could get in.
Realised he is the only living militia we've got. Very appropriately named: the Last Guard

Unborrowed all the dwarves and got flooded by a stream of dwarves finding dead dogs(and dwarves). Gotta build some coffins I guess...

Random smith made a cabinet from iron...Well that's basically it, no drawings or spikes or anything...Put it in my hospital-office

Started mining some adamintine but our progress is slow since the miners get hungry down there.

Oh btw, My plan to turn the fort into a migrant-testing-facility has begun, I can't have the pit in my office or completly visible in the hospital so I built a little hole right next to my office. Archereon lives in the hole for now, he even brought his bed. Cleverly concealed in his "room" is a hidden passage-way leading to the dissection-chamber...all we need now is some fresh migrants...

Chief medical dorf Slowpoke and Dr.Archereon :P

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2012, 11:16:35 pm »

So, for the next two years, Watchedgleam is at the mercy of a pair of medical sociopaths with a penchant for good old fashioned SCIENCE. I can already tell this is gonna be good.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:00:31 am by Spish »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2012, 09:45:12 pm »

^^ Make sure to find some FUN demon syndromes to test on migrants, then somehow get the stuff into a water cannon that shoots toxic demon blood or something.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers to consume diet coke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2012, 06:52:45 am »

You'd have to extract demon venom. I haven't seen any poisonous blood demons... Demon venom cannon. You'd better do some !!SCIENCE!! with that.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:17 am »

I think the best way to get demon juice would be to cover some lucky fellow in the stuff and leave his body soaking in the cannon's water tank.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:25:01 am by Spish »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:59 am »

Ideally, we could use a vampire who's immune to whatever effect the syndrome has (total paralysis maybe? Vamps don't die from that), and use the GCS farm strategy to get the demon to keep shooting poison.
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30