Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80744 times)

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 01:16:29 am »

I'll take a dwarf, name it Cain. I'd take a turn but I don't have the time right now, or really feel that comfortable with the new version.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:35 am »

14th of Slate

Wynz gave birth today, which comes as quite the shock to most of us he - she - has never taken her helmet of in public, and Felcis always referred to her as if male. Turns out she married Spishhaban, the Fishy Sheriff. What person their child grows up to be is quite the mystery - I'll expect it with anxiety. A family with this level of fascination with fish and soap is a weird thing indeed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whoops~... xD"
I guess I kinda got confused with the genders when I was searching for adequate dorfs in that migration wave. But oh well...at least you can carry a meatshield around with you now.

By the way, I was pretty surprised that the wounds on my dwarf healed just like that. Lucky me I guess. :A

@melkor & Feb: Do you want a dorf as well or just a turn and dorf yourself later? That goes for everyone: Please always say if you want to be dorfed or not when you are applying for a turn.

@The Axiom: Did you already decide when you want to take your turn?

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:17 am »

Ill Take dorf!

name: Will Tuna
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 10:09:00 am »

Well, I am about to loose a week's worth of data

=(

Need to System restore; computer hangs on login and shutdown, starts in safe mode so its probably a driver problem.

I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers to consume diet coke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 12:28:03 pm »

Then how do you post? *confused*

Well, since you have internet, I suggest you'd get Knoppix and save your stuff to somewhere else/fix your computer.

Nothing shall be lost.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 12:31:20 pm »

I has an iPhone and iPad and the computer works in safe mode.

btw I fixed it by uninstalling Avast in safe mode, its most recent update F'd up everything. Honestly I really don't need 2 virus scanners right now.

Bad New: I've done some !!SCIENCE and it appears that the haunting gloom clouds doesn't do anything. Except make dorfs covered with puss, but they're perfectly healthy apparently.

Nor does the evil biome reanimate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:58:43 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:18 pm »

Aw. I have the same in my current fort. It's repellent filth (rain) there. Still, that stuff is an awesome way to train diagnosers. In my fort, the dorfs constantly go to the hospital, are diagnosed with repellent filth sickness and leave again.

Can we get a crutchwalking diagnoser who heavily dislikes social interactions?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »

On the other hand, our cavern system with its deep chasms, passages, and tubes is pretty sweet... but yeah, the evil biome is disappointing; it pays to do some testing before starting up a long-term project. Doesn't mean we can't still have good Fun with it.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »

On the other hand, our cavern system with its deep chasms, passages, and tubes is pretty sweet... but yeah, the evil biome is disappointing; it pays to do some testing before starting up a long-term project. Doesn't mean we can't still have good Fun with it.
Well, I tested evil biomes before and I didn't really want to have those annoying reviving chitin-parts/fur-bushels running around in the main area the entire time, that's why I chose an only had a partially evil area. There is FUN and then there is constant petty annoyance. @_@
It's still strange that there is no reanimating in that area at all. I thought that all evil areas did have that property. But: We got nice caverns as you said, 4 potential invaders (Goblins, Elves, the Necromancer and maybe kobolds) and a huge number of titans and FBs. That should give us a bit more of a challenge in the long run.

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:10 pm »

Just wait until I have my turn. I'm pretty sure I'll royally screw everything up.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 04:11:08 pm »

Your turn?

Just to spoil you a bit, I'm planning on RPing my overseer as an expy of the medic from TF2.
It was inevitable.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »

Empfan's log:

Son of a bitch tried to kill my dogs, not that I care too much for them.  Better to have SOME kind of meat shield out in combat, and this one bites back.  Well, now that that's over with, time to build a kennel to train them right...

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 04:16:38 pm »

Btw, how am I doing?  :)
If I'm getting rusty I have a request for something to be built :P

Nemica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 05:49:47 am »

Your turn?

Just to spoil you a bit, I'm planning on RPing my overseer as an expy of the medic from TF2.
Yup. I'm prone to make mistakes that involve letting the fort be burned by forgotten beasts. For example.

Also, can we get thought screens for the redorfed people?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Watchedgleam, y u no update!?
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30