Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80823 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 34.02+] Watchedgleam (part evil, savage, tower, elven war)
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2012, 04:19:37 pm »

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us :D

Just a small suggestion, scatter a few cage traps around outside of the fortress so we can get more prisoners to experiment with. You'd be surprised how often thieves and ambush parties just so happen to stumble into them.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »

We just got hit by a big elven ambush party.
Personally, I prefer experimenting on dorfs, since they're more relevant to our !!SCIENTIFIC inquiry. (Not !!SCIENCE!! since it doesn't involve magma. Yet.)
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »

Just got back from a trip and read through the update, how many kills did I get during the seige?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:33 am »

Two nameless mooks. (not counting the giant bark scorpion you spent two weeks beating to death)

You kinda slept through most of the siege :P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:09:15 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2012, 11:13:57 am »

Update incoming. Writing it up now.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2012, 01:54:38 pm »

Two nameless mooks. (not counting the giant bark scorpion you spent two weeks beating to death)

You kinda slept through most of the siege :P

Hey my dwarf is also lazy like me!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »

Yeah, just so you know, I'm not dead.

Selected Excerpts from the Memoirs of Mosus “Archereon” Dumatsirab

7th of Obsidian, 254

An astounding opportunity has presented itself. Our most illustrious leader, Spishaban Morulsod, has, in a fit of rage or madness, stepped down from his position as Overseer without naming a successor. That leaves a power vacuum which could be filled by anyone with the initiative, the charisma, and the influence to take power and hold it. I have consulted with my colleague Slowpokez, and we have concluded that neither of us possesses the latter two traits, even though either one of us would make a better overseer than the peasant rabble that infests Watchedgleam.
However, there is a very simple solution, a way to take power without “taking power.” All we need is someone, a loveable buffoon who lacks the wits and initiative to rule without becoming a puppet to his advisors-myself and, should he prove useful, Slowpokez. The only question is who? Who should I install as the next overseer?
Of course, until such an individual presents his or herself, I must choose with care the words I use to order around the peasants. I’ve managed to discreetly issue quite a few orders simply by telling workers “The new overseer says” to, for example, smelt all the hematite in the fortress to make iron corkscrews and pipe sections. We shall need a great many of those to carry out my grand plan…

16th Slate, 254
   Gah, migrants!  The bane of more dwarven settlements than I care to count. We have just had the pleasure of receiving a host of about a dozen of the most useless individuals I have ever seen: Two threshers, a potash maker, three soap makers-one of whom claims to be legendary in his craft, and seven blasted children. Fortunately, prior to taking power, I had already devised a plan to rid Watchedgleam of such useless filth, and would’ve brought it to Slowpokez had he taken the position of Overseer instead of Spish. The system is fairly simple: just a room with a retracting bridge suspended over the caverns. On a related note, I’ve considered digging a shaft from the top of the fortress into the bottom cavern layer. Room 101 as I’ve come to call it is officially deemed the “Office of Immigration”, and ostensibly exists to weed hidden night creatures out of the population (more on our captured vampire later...). Migrants go in, and don’t come out; simple. It’s also a way of discreetly disposing of rivals, when the time comes for the next overseer to take office. Right now, the caverns have only two denizens (pictured below). Perhaps I’ll give them the necessary supplies to build a settlement down there; it would provide an early warning and a first line of defense against beasts of the caverns. It would also keep them from being a drain on our resources.

27th Slate:
I believe I have found Watchedgleam’s next overseer. Rodoh Logeamsir, a thresher who arrived with the most recent migrant wave, and promptly walked into a carpenter's workshop and built a fungiwood door...

(Sorry, didn't take pictures of most of this stuff...Will get some screencaps of the artifact, the exile town in the caverns, the puppet overseer, and the tricked out mansion I built for her with an attached room for the "official physician."
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:33 am »

That's quite alright, the main reason I take pictures is so I don't have to try very hard to remember any of the stuff I plan on writing about, anyway :P

By the way, what became of the elfy interlopers?

Hatch Cover

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2012, 03:11:02 pm »

I love succession forts and this one looks badass!

If you are still accepting people to be dorfed and/or playing a year, I would enjoy being put on either list. I have only gotten to read succession forts so far :)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »

^^ Dead.
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2012, 12:37:22 am »

You added the Diamond Holds to the barracks, right?
If you are still accepting people to be dorfed and/or playing a year, I would enjoy being put on either list. I have only gotten to read succession forts so far :)
Certainly. What kind of role would you prefer? Noble, craftsdwarf, doctor, soldier... village idiot? The bookkeeper/broker/manager slots are still open (sorta, it's kinda silly to have to rely on only one person for all these things).

Yo Felcis, add him to the list.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:03:27 pm by Spish »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2012, 12:29:14 pm »

You're runnin' out of time Archer. Any progress?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2012, 12:46:51 pm »

Erm, remove me from the list.  Don't think I'll be able to do it.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2012, 06:40:25 pm »

You're runnin' out of time Archer. Any progress?

I'm timed?  Well, I'm in Summer right now. Have lots of work to do, by should be able to finish soon enough.
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2012, 07:10:08 pm »

The typically accepted amount of time for players on community forts is one week, to prevent too much time from being spent on a single player. Your week is just about up, but there's nothing wrong with taking a few extra days as long as you make them count.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30