Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]  (Read 24295 times)

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:51 pm »

Sounds like we might have a vampire which I hope we don't.

Edit: Did it say drained of blood?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:45:10 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2012, 01:04:23 am »

*Blinks* Oh God. When this gets out, our next four migrant waves are going to consist of two dwarves: Urist McSoaper and Fath McGoblinbait. We need to find some way to get out some dwarf bucks, fast, or get some kind of containment going.

What it really sounds like we need is a militia that's worth a damn. I'd say three man squads all around, rotate training squads with inactives, try to group up two newbies with one experienced dwarf (ANY experience counts), and churn out leather armor everywhere - EVERYONE needs leather armor, and everyone needs to wear it instead of clothing when off duty if we're going to make it work. And try to use all of our imports on mail shirts and greaves - I don't think you can make either with leather (checked - yeah, though you can make leather tunics, but that blows), so we can get good coverage. When my turn comes up, I'm half-way tempted to try and throw down a giant dwarven cocoon over the whole site, then break it down once everyone's trained up a bit.

Yelesom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2012, 02:43:22 am »

Wow, short lived dwarf.

Did I kill anything?  :D

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »

Oh god my only son's gone melancholy! I remember the day I kidnapped him from that dining room and promised to love and protect him until I could trade him to the lizard people for barrels of jam.

JamCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:19 am »

Sorry only just realised it was my turn, can I build a quarry?

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:36 am »

NOAP.

But what you CAN do, is build a kiln and designate a bunch of 'gather clay' jobs, then use the clay boulders for b->c shenannigans.

JamCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2012, 09:28:22 am »

My father JamCat was meant to be Mayor, but he is dead. So is my mother Hakia, my brother, kidnapped by Broseph Stalin is also dead, my sister dead, all killed by the giant sparrows. I will have my revenge. I am but a child, but that will not stop me. I am Uvash Adilegath, JamCat II, son of Bomrek!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2012, 01:57:14 pm »

I get back just in time to see that I died. =/

Well then. Did I at least get in on the giant sparrow murdering? Some day when this town begins to prosper, you will remember me as one of the founders! I will, of course, come back as a zombie to remind you if you don't build a solid gold temple in honour of me when you are able to trade for it.

Pretty please?
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »

I can't remember if I asked to be dorfed in THIS game, or its predecessor...

Either way, if I'm not in, can I go on the Dorfing list? Urist Hilgendorf, Gentleman Explorer! (Include the exclamation mark, if possible. I'd say "gentledwarf", but that sounds...wrong...). With all those hand-dandy Gentleman Explorer! skills like lying and negotiation via crossbow....no hurry, I'd prefer being a skilled liar, conversationalist and bowman to actually existing soon.

Vilhelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2012, 04:08:45 am »

Posting to watch  :)

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2012, 06:47:19 pm »

I wish to be Dorfed. Name is Logic, Male, Carpenter/Brewer.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2012, 12:05:01 pm »

Just a quick check-up. I've finally updated the OP properly, and I think I've got everyone now. If I've missed you, just let me know. It looks like everything is going fairly smoothly, thought it's been awhile since JamCat's last update...

It also looks like everyone's been pretty good at following the rules for militia, digging, etc. Let's keep this thing going!

EDIT: What are we going to do about new versions? Are the saves compatible, or will we stick to the old one? Or restart?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:07 pm »

Just a quick check-up. I've finally updated the OP properly, and I think I've got everyone now. If I've missed you, just let me know. It looks like everything is going fairly smoothly, thought it's been awhile since JamCat's last update...

It also looks like everyone's been pretty good at following the rules for militia, digging, etc. Let's keep this thing going!

EDIT: What are we going to do about new versions? Are the saves compatible, or will we stick to the old one? Or restart?
I can't think of anything major worth updating it for.

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:23 pm »

This is a neat idea for a succession fortress and I've enjoyed reading this thread! I do wish there were more screenshots though, I'm really interested in seeing more of how a village of dwarves looks like, since it's a big departure from how fortresses are usually made. Thanks especially to utilitarian for coming up with this idea, because it seems really fun!

I'm not aware of the differences between versions, however I have seen in other thread people have had trouble using a .04 save with .05. As long as everyone has access to the same version as the save that should be fine.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses! Good luck to everyone after JamCat!

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

I've been busy, so my update Monday was my first real check-up on how things were running in a while. I've just realized that JamCat has not in fact posted in 10 days.

Now, in all fairness, I didn't post an specific guidelines in the OP as to when people had to finish their turns. But I should think that we would all agree that 10 days is a bit too long without even an update. I'm going to add a rule to the OP stating that players must update at least once a week, and finish within 3 weeks of starting their turn(too much?). As this is a new rule, I'll give Jamcat until the end of the work week(Friday) to give us an update. If he doesn't, we'll move on to the next player.

Does this seem alright with everyone?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:16:26 pm by utilitarian »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12